It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Madrigal has to hit over .300 to have any value, probably closer to .320.

And he probably will

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:01 pm 

Sox can put Kimbrel on the market next year and have a line of suitors with a similar offer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Closers struggle when they aren't closing. There is no need to potentially ruin Hendriks after giving him $19M a year.

I really like Hernandez a lot so I don't have a huge issue with losing Madrigal.

Larussa loves to run Hendriks out there for two inning saves. This allows him to do so with confidence

A platooning of 2 inning closers, so to speak.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:04 pm 

Now you can pitch Keuchel with confidence in the playoffs. Let him go once through the order and then go Cease, Crochet, Tepera, Kopech, Kimbrel and Hendriks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Madrigal has hit from day one just about, but he's also played poor defense at times and runs the bases like a little leaguer.

He was getting better in the field and on the bases prior to his injury

He was becoming a taller midget defensively at 2B? Defense was unbelievably bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Agree, Dr. If the Sox win it all this year, I don't care if Nicky Two Strikes ends up in the HOF.

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Not a trade I would make. Madrigal, man, that’s a lot.
He's rehabbing a torn hamstring. Obviously its a giant question mark. If he comes back to form, yeah could be a bad trade for the Sox. If he doesn't, then the Sox gave up a middling reliever for a pretty good closer.

That's the only reason I'm not furious. Madrigal has to hit over .300 to have any value, probably closer to .320. If he loses just a quarter step that hurts him a lot.

He would need to walk more and at least hit some balls in the gaps to be effective in today's game. For better or for worse. I am going to guess the defense was more of an issue than we thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
This may be a cutting edge move in modern baseball where starters almost never go more than six innings- two alternating closers. LaRussa changing the game again.

pizza_Place: It's gone
White Sox can't beat good teams this year. Is having Kimbrel going to help - you have to have the lead first going into the 9th. But it's a good trade by Hahn.

If I'm TLR, I'd never have Hendricks pitch i the playoff now.

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I had mentioned earlier that i had concerns on getting Kimbrel. It took him 2 seasons to get his mojo back. I hope he's the Kimbrel we want.

Regardless, the bullpen is now decisively better. It needs to be.

I'm with Frank and JORR on Madrigal. The boy can hit but defense and baserunning were problems. Long term he may do well with the Cubs and I hope he does, but I have no issue making this trade given we got Hernandez.

Let's get Robert back and win it THIS year!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:14 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
I had mentioned earlier that i had concerns on getting Kimbrel. It took him 2 seasons to get his mojo back. I hope he's the Kimbrel we want.

I'm with Frank and JORR on Madrigal. The boy can hit but defense and baserunning were problems. Long term he may do well with the Cubs and I hope he does, but I have no issue making this trade given we got Hernandez.

Kimbrel's unhittable this year. he got his shit together.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:14 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Good trade, Madrigal became expendable the minute the Sox got a better 2B yesterday who is signed through next year.

Hernandez is better than Madrigal straight up so I'm perfectly fine with trading him and Heuer didn't do the job this year.

Hahn is taking advantage of the Kim Foxx crime wave and just robbing the Cubs blind :lol:

10 Days ago.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I don't want Kimbrel. The minute that Flub piece of shit has to pitch in a meaningful game he will revert back to 2019 Kimbrel and meltdown. Guy is a head case and I don't fucking want him, not at the price the Flubs think he is worth.

We have a closer. We don't need to trade for one. Trade for someone who is setting up today for another team and that's the guy you want, he'll come at a cheaper price too.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Sox can put Kimbrel on the market next year and have a line of suitors with a similar offer

Depends if he is 2021 Kimbrel or the Kimbrel of the last couple years. I would be nervous to have him come in to save a game in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:17 pm 

Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Depends if he is 2021 Kimbrel or the Kimbrel of the last couple years. I would be nervous to have him come in to save a game in the playoffs.

If Kimbrel is on the market next year, that means the season is not going very well.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Kimbrel's unhittable this year. he got his shit together.

Good point

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
conns7901 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If Kimbrel is on the market next year, that means the season is not going very well.

Yeah. And they’ll have 30m+ locked up at the closer spot, which I suspect will cause uncle Jerry some heartburn.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:20 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Good trade, Madrigal became expendable the minute the Sox got a better 2B yesterday who is signed through next year.

Hernandez is better than Madrigal straight up so I'm perfectly fine with trading him and Heuer didn't do the job this year.

Hahn is taking advantage of the Kim Foxx crime wave and just robbing the Cubs blind :lol:

10 Days ago.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I don't want Kimbrel. The minute that Flub piece of shit has to pitch in a meaningful game he will revert back to 2019 Kimbrel and meltdown. Guy is a head case and I don't fucking want him, not at the price the Flubs think he is worth.

We have a closer. We don't need to trade for one. Trade for someone who is setting up today for another team and that's the guy you want, he'll come at a cheaper price too.

:lol: White Sox fans have a short memory. Madrigal is a young, talented major league hitter. You need hitters like him in your lineup to keep it moving.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:23 pm 

to you sox fans - can the wsox beat the astros, A's, Red Sox, Rays, Yankees in the playoffs? from what you've seen this year they can't beat winning teams.

Maybe with Kimbrel it gets them past round 1 - MAYBE - But watching this team I feel like they are still a year away from winning a pennant.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Would of been a cherry on top, including Bryant for like a Burger/Sheets and 2 pitching prospects.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
rick hahn may need a lot of aaaahhhhs and ummmmmms to reflect on this move in a couple of years

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
NO no no no no. Sheets and Burger are not guys you trade for a rental.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Cashman wrote:
Would of been a cherry on top, including Bryant for like a Burger/Sheets and 2 pitching prospects.

30 min left...

HawaiiYou wrote:
to you sox fans - can the wsox beat the astros, A's, Red Sox, Rays, Yankees in the playoffs? from what you've seen this year they can't beat winning teams.

Maybe with Kimbrel it gets them past round 1 - MAYBE - But watching this team I feel like they are still a year away from winning a pennant.

Playoffs are another animal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:25 pm 

Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I can't believe Hendriks is not the primary closer. They have to live with him for 3 more years and he clearly is an emotional guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:26 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
NO no no no no. Sheets and Burger are not guys you trade for a rental.

I am looking at a WS, Burger doesn't excite me that much. I wrote him off beginning of the season, and I am glad I had to eat crow. It is a nice story, but I think he is a 1B/DH. I like Sheets' pedigree.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:27 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Cashman wrote:

30 min left...

Get a catcher.

I've soured on Collins again

good dolphin wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Cashman wrote:

30 min left...

Get a catcher.

You are not alone.

good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I can't believe Hendriks is not the primary closer. They have to live with him for 3 more years and he clearly is an emotional guy

TLR is like 'who?'. He'll never have Hendriks pitch in any high leverage situation when he's got Kimbrel now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Cashman wrote:

30 min left...

Get a catcher.

I think there is still a chance Contreras gets moved.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juiced wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

10 Days ago.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

:lol: White Sox fans have a short memory. Madrigal is a young, talented major league hitter. You need hitters like him in your lineup to keep it moving.

at the time people were saying Kimbrel would cost Kopech, Sheets, Vaughn, or Crochet. You completely ignore that I clarified I didn't want him at the price the Flubs thought he was worth, and you know what? The Cubs sold him far lower than what they were asking 10 days ago. To get him for a guy who wouldn't contribute in 2021 in any way and became surplus in 2022 plus a failed reliever is a bargain.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Juiced wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

10 Days ago.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

He's lovable. Perfect for Cub fans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next