It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Reynaldo Lopez has turned out to be a pretty important part of this team. He'll probably give them close to 60 innings and 10 spot starts along with a host of great BP appearances. If it is down to him or Keuchel for the playoff roster, they better not be deferring to the veteran with the big contract.

Katz fixed Lopez

It wasn't really hard. Just take away his shitty pitches. I know it's a point of pride for both Latino and Japanese pitchers to throw a million different pitches but you're better off just using two good ones rather than mixing another four mediocre ones in there.

And his mechanics were horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Reynaldo Lopez has turned out to be a pretty important part of this team. He'll probably give them close to 60 innings and 10 spot starts along with a host of great BP appearances. If it is down to him or Keuchel for the playoff roster, they better not be deferring to the veteran with the big contract.

Katz fixed Lopez

It wasn't really hard. Just take away his shitty pitches. I know it's a point of pride for both Latino and Japanese pitchers to throw a million different pitches but you're better off just using two good ones rather than mixing another four mediocre ones in there.

And his mechanics were horrible.

a lot of what he did with Lopez mirrors what he did for Rodon and Giolito. He gave them a shorter, more repeatable motion to improve consistency of location.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
In May, López underwent an eye procedure to improve his vision. This has played a huge role in his renewed confidence

“Sometimes I threw pitches with not a lot of conviction,” Lopez said, noting that he couldn’t always see the catcher’s signs, “and that was where the problem began. Once they performed surgery, I gained confidence in all my pitches because I was seeing the pitch and location that the catcher was calling.”

“I’m 200 percent confident, in myself and all my stuff.”

He required surgery on both his corneas on May 2nd to correct blurred vision

Lopez should be confident. With an electric fastball that reaches the upper 90s and a sharp slider/changeup combo to compliment it, he has all the tools to be a successful pitcher. Lack of control has plagued him in the past. Being able to see the batter and the signs clearly and confidently allows him to throw his pitches with more conviction.
If Don Cooper couldn't fucking figure out that all this dude needed was glasses or a simple eye procedure, he was a million times worse and/or more drunk than we thought.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
In May, López underwent an eye procedure to improve his vision. This has played a huge role in his renewed confidence

“Sometimes I threw pitches with not a lot of conviction,” Lopez said, noting that he couldn’t always see the catcher’s signs, “and that was where the problem began. Once they performed surgery, I gained confidence in all my pitches because I was seeing the pitch and location that the catcher was calling.”

“I’m 200 percent confident, in myself and all my stuff.”

He required surgery on both his corneas on May 2nd to correct blurred vision

Lopez should be confident. With an electric fastball that reaches the upper 90s and a sharp slider/changeup combo to compliment it, he has all the tools to be a successful pitcher. Lack of control has plagued him in the past. Being able to see the batter and the signs clearly and confidently allows him to throw his pitches with more conviction.
If Don Cooper couldn't fucking figure out that all this dude needed was glasses or a simple eye procedure, he was a million times worse and/or more drunk than we thought.

Cooper couldn't figure out that Giolito needed a shorter arm action nor did he figure out Rodon needed to utilize his legs.

Katz fixed both the first off-season he worked with them

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I believe, Katz has Lopez using the shorter arm angle as well. There is a difference between what he was doing in Charlotte and at the MLB level.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kind of. Thats the broadcast team Friday. Amin and AJ Pierznski Sat. Not sure who Sunday, but Stone is not on this road trip.

I guess King is at least capable of inflection, unlike Gordo. Maybe we’ll get a cutesy nickname or two out of Friday night.

I coached against Stacey in travel ball. His guys did not play well and he was not happy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kind of. Thats the broadcast team Friday. Amin and AJ Pierznski Sat. Not sure who Sunday, but Stone is not on this road trip.

I guess King is at least capable of inflection, unlike Gordo. Maybe we’ll get a cutesy nickname or two out of Friday night.

I coached against Stacey in travel ball. His guys did not play well and he was not happy.

Well, now he knows what Bulls fans felt like watching him play.