It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:
In the case of the Braves/Brewers I actually think the Braves had more talent. There was just no comparison between the Sox and 'Stros. Houston is FAR SUPERIOR talent wise, but you tell yourself it was just a bad matchup if it makes you feel better.

It does, thank you.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:47 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
In the case of the Braves/Brewers I actually think the Braves had more talent.

I don't question what you think but a lot of people here do and they think you have no basis for that statement other than you'd like it to be true so that you don't look like a fool, once again, on your original statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: Hopefully the White Sox will play an easier team so they can advance is quite the flex.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I don't question what you think but a lot of people here do and they think you have no basis for that statement other than you'd like it to be true so that you don't look like a fool, once again, on your original statement.

The only fool is the chump trying to find excuses why his team lost other than the obvious(the other team was better).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:50 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The only fool is the chump trying to find excuses why his team lost other than the obvious(the other team was better).

Yeah but Giolito and Lynn had good games against them in July !!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Brewers lineup is awful. Garcia hit cleanup yesterday, Tellez hit 5th, Urias 6th. Drunk Tony"s shitty Sunday lineups are better

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Lynn didn't have a good game against them in Julie.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:52 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Lynn didn't have a good game against them in Julie.

Had a GREAT 1st inning in game 1 .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:52 am 

I don't think there is that much of a talent difference between the Sox and the Astros.

Robert is the most talented OF on either roster.

Moncada, Anderson, and Abreu are all talented on the infield.

2B is a no doubt win for the Astros. But other than that, at what position on the field is there a huge talent gap?

The Astros pitching staff is not way more talented, especially when you look at the bullpens.

Talent level is not the issue here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:53 am 

RFDC wrote:
I don't think there is that much of a talent difference between the Sox and the Astros.

2B is a no doubt win for the Astros. But other than that, at what position on the field is there a huge talent gap?

The Astros pitching staff is not way more talented, especially when you look at the bullpens.

Cop hating Tim Anderson can't even hold Correa's jock at SS.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:55 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Cop hating Tim Anderson can't even hold Correa's jock at SS.

Correa is really good, but let's not act like Anderson is Ryan Theriot out there. The gap is not that big

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:58 am 

RFDC wrote:

Huge gap on team defense. Even Robert is more of a good outfielder because of his athleticism, fundamentally he's not a good defensive player.

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Lance Lynn was never an ace. We watched him for years with the Cardinals and he was a #2 or #3 at best. This year he had four wins against winning teams (Cardinals, Yankees, Red Sox, A's) and only one of those was a quality start. Bumslayer.

badrogue17 wrote:
:lol: Hopefully the White Sox will play an easier team so they can advance is quite the flex.

Neither is "The Astros are just an awesome team and that's why they beat the Sox".

If the Astros are so stacked that they outclass a 93 win team by a huge margin then no reason to feel bad about losing to them in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:01 am 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Huge gap on team defense. Even Robert is more of a good outfielder because of his athleticism, fundamentally he's not a good defensive player.

That speaks to my point. Talent is not the issue. The Sox have talented guys. The Astros are just a better fundamental baseball team right now across the board.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:02 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Lance Lynn was never an ace. We watched him for years with the Cardinals and he was a #2 or #3 at best. This year he had four wins against winning teams (Cardinals, Yankees, Red Sox, A's) and only one of those was a quality start. Bumslayer.

Cease was the same. ERA over 6 vs teams over .500. People have to concern themselves with building a team to win it all. They could stand pat and win the Central, you have to build a team that can beat the better playoff teams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:10 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah but Giolito and Lynn had good games against them in July !!!

Lynn never had a good game against them, but he did have good games against a host of good teams. This, of course, supports the opinion that the Astros are a bad matchup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:12 am 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Brewers lineup is awful. Garcia hit cleanup yesterday, Tellez hit 5th, Urias 6th. Drunk Tony"s shitty Sunday lineups are better

I hear they now count pitchers as part of a team's talent pool

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:

Houston scored 31 runs in 4 games. It seems obvious pitching is huge problem. Pitching has been a huge problem all year against decent lineups. No matter how many times we yell fuck and slapdick while on the mound. Talent level HAS to be an issue when good lineups barrel up the ball and have an OBP over .400.

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Sox should make a push to reunite Scherzer and Verlander for a two year deal, though that might make them too right-hand heavy.

Would love to see the Cubs do it, but I don't think Ricketts is going to spend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:
whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They do. Brewers got shut out twice and scored six runs combined in the other 2 games. The Flubs had good pitching against the Marlins last year and got swept because the lineup sucked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:17 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

He isn't an ace.

He is a legitimate #1 starter right now despite your biases from earlier in his career.

You cannot bumslay your way to the numbers he has put up over the last three years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:18 am 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They do. Brewers got shut out twice and scored six runs combined in the other 2 games. The Flubs had good pitching against the Marlins last year and got swept because the lineup sucked.

but that's not the question at hand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:22 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Sox should make a push to reunite Scherzer and Verlander for a two year deal, though that might make them too right-hand heavy.

Would love to see the Cubs do it, but I don't think Ricketts is going to spend.

Sox could win 108 games next year and still not be in the class of Houston or AL East teams simply because they play mostly bums. How can you get battle hardened that way? You can't so you just have to rely on "getting hot".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:22 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

He isn't an ace.

He is a legitimate #1 starter right now despite your biases from earlier in his career.

You cannot bumslay your way to the numbers he has put up over the last three years.

:lol: Well if hes your number 1 thats a great way to get drummed out of the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:29 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

He isn't an ace.

:lol: Well if hes your number 1 thats a great way to get drummed out of the playoffs.

Mc Cullers isn't an ace either and they seem to be fine with him at #1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

He isn't an ace.

The pitching staff has been exposed. There's no denying it. Giolito can't changeup his way to being an ace. Cease can't 3-2 his way to being an ace. Lynn cant 94% FB his way to being an ace.

The are all too predictable for the animals that come to the plate on good teams..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

He isn't an ace.

The pitching staff has been exposed. There's no denying it. Giolito can't changeup his way to being an ace. Cease can't 3-2 his way to being an ace. Lynn cant 94% FB his way to being an ace.

The are all too predictable for the animals that come to the plate on good teams..

^ This guy gets it. And no farm system to boot. Not looking good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:34 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

He isn't an ace.

You have to project continued development from Cease at 25 and Giolito at 26.

Giolito was brilliant in last year's playoff start, pitching six perfect innings and only two hits through 7. Is that any less who he is than the bad start this year?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 am 

The next step is to spend in free agency. That's how the Cubs filled the holes in their lineup. The Sox have followed the Theo model so far but now they need to spend the money. Otherwise, we'll just have to accept that the FAR SUPERIOR Astros lineup is one that we can't beat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next