It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 am 

Media, "Dusty, why are you laughing?"

Dusty, "Because the White Sox provided 3 games of batting practice. I gave my players game 3 off to mess with the South Side losers hope and now we are ready to play a real team and go to the World Series!"

Last edited by Juiced on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: John's
McCullers sure looked like an ACE this series.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:38 am 

Brick wrote:
The next step is to spend in free agency. That's how the Cubs filled the holes in their lineup. The Sox have followed the Theo model so far but now they need to spend the money. Otherwise, we'll just have to accept that the FAR SUPERIOR Astros lineup is one that we can't beat.

Free Agency is the only option for the Sox. So much for those "Waves of Talent".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:41 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Funny, hearing how they are 1 year away and just one big signing away from a World Series. What happened to all the aces on the South Side. Keuchel and Lynn, Cease and Gio future Cy youngs in the waiting. Where was the big bats everyone boasted about when they played teams like DET, KC, MINN and CLE? :lol:

Jerry is not going to break the bank and sign an ACE. Never has and never will.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:46 am 

Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Funny, hearing how they are 1 year away and just one big signing away from a World Series. What happened to all the aces on the South Side. Keuchel and Lynn, Cease and Gio future Cy youngs in the waiting. Where was the big bats everyone boasted about when they played teams like DET, KC, MINN and CLE? :lol:

Nope they are doomed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 am 

Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Sox fans, do not listen to this man.
https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=117827&p=3239946&hilit=cubs+playoffs#p3239946
Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bababooey wrote:
Eloy hitting a robust .243, OBP at .300, WAR at 0.2.

The other elite hitter on the team is hitting .022, OBP at .154, WAR at -1.2.

So butthurt that the "Dynasty" is over and Theo gave up two stars for "Fifth Starter" Jose Quintana.

Dynasty is far from over. Still in line to make the playoffs this year and MANY years to come.

Unlike the Sox, the Cubs have an owner who will spend the money it takes to win.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Lance Lynn was never an ace. We watched him for years with the Cardinals and he was a #2 or #3 at best. This year he had four wins against winning teams (Cardinals, Yankees, Red Sox, A's) and only one of those was a quality start. Bumslayer.

He isn't an ace.

He is a legitimate #1 starter right now despite your biases from earlier in his career.

You cannot bumslay your way to the numbers he has put up over the last three years.

The pitching staff has been exposed. There's no denying it. Giolito can't changeup his way to being an ace. Cease can't 3-2 his way to being an ace. Lynn cant 94% FB his way to being an ace.

The are all too predictable for the animals that come to the plate on good teams..

You have to project continued development from Cease at 25 and Giolito at 26.

Giolito was brilliant in last year's playoff start, pitching six perfect innings and only two hits through 7. Is that any less who he is than the bad start this year?

I agree Giolito is the best pitcher we have. Now what? How do you get Cease to GO HARD? Both pitching coaches have told him this but he still mickey mouses around. The only mickey mousing he should be doing is putting guys on their ass when need be.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:52 am 

Brick wrote:
The next step is to spend in free agency.

Well if Jerry is known for one thing it is spending a ton on free agents.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Particularly pitchers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:54 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
The next step is to spend in free agency. That's how the Cubs filled the holes in their lineup. The Sox have followed the Theo model so far but now they need to spend the money. Otherwise, we'll just have to accept that the FAR SUPERIOR Astros lineup is one that we can't beat.

Free Agency is the only option for the Sox. So much for those "Waves of Talent".

They started two rookies in these playoffs, who went 6-14.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Particularly pitchers.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

He wasn't known for tanking either before they stole the Theo plan.

If they are serious about winning the World Series they will be major players in free agency to see how it goes the next few years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

No one is saying the Sox aren't good. But certain things that are both in their control and not in their control are lacking for a push in October that isn't simply "getting hot".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:59 am 

Brick wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

He wasn't known for tanking either before they stole the Theo plan.

If they are serious about winning the World Series they will be major players in free agency to see how it goes the next few years.

The Theo plan calls for actually winning a playoff series and eventually the WS..fyi.

Bob seems to think that trolling is simply saying something stupid and then being refuted in embarrassing fashion

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
conns7901 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Is Grandal still their biggest signing ever, at $73m?

For his swan song, maybe he'll pull an Albert Belle out of his hat again. He still has all that Machado money, right? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
I don't think there is that much of a talent difference between the Sox and the Astros.

Robert is the most talented OF on either roster.

Moncada, Anderson, and Abreu are all talented on the infield.

2B is a no doubt win for the Astros. But other than that, at what position on the field is there a huge talent gap?

The Astros pitching staff is not way more talented, especially when you look at the bullpens.

Talent level is not the issue here.
100% this.

The White Sox pissed the bed for the second playoff series in a row. Maybe the Astros being more seasoned helped them, I don't know. But they took advantage of every break the Sox game them and every mistake the Sox made. That is what Championship level teams do. They play their best when the spotlight is the brightest.

The Sox have a ton of talent, but there needs to be some serious soul searching this offseason. Lynn, Giolito, Cease have to get thru at least 5 in the playoffs. Abreu, Moncada, Eloy ALL need to be better in the playoffs. Every single one of them. As MANY times as Robert and Anderson got on base, they had zero extra base hits between them. Moncanda, 0 HR 0 RBI. Robert 0 HR 1 RBI. Eloy, Abreu, 0 HR. Maybe the OB% was good, but the production was not good enough to win.

The Astros aren't vastly more talented than the Sox. Anybody who says otherwise is a dumbfuck. The Astros executed almost flawlessly, and it seemed that every time they had 2 outs with a RISP, they got a hit. Every time the Sox gave them a walk, they pushed that guy across the plate. They played better in almost every facet of the game. The Sox hardly did anything right.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am 

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

No one is saying the Sox aren't good. But certain things that are both in their control and not in their control are lacking for a push in October that isn't simply "getting hot".

but it does refute Bob My Knob's point that yet another wave of talent didn't come crashing in

Obviously adjustments have to be made. The bottom three in the order, while actually producing at times in these playoffs, was not championship quality.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:10 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

In the end, I'm sure I'd be thrilled with a big money RF signing. However, given the fact the huge spending isn't typical for this team, seems like using whatever the budget is to go after starting pitching makes more sense. Give RF to Sheets/Vaughn combo and hope?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:15 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

but it does refute Bob My Knob's point that yet another wave of talent didn't come crashing in

Obviously adjustments have to be made. The bottom three in the order, while actually producing at times in these playoffs, was not championship quality.

The "waves" of talent that crashed in, the best they could is a team that gets bitch slapped by the Astros in the playoffs. You need more talent to make the next jump. And it will have to be via FA. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

The "best they could get" is a 93 win Division winning club in which the starting slugging LF, the starting Gold Glove MVP caliber CF missed 100 games a piece, the starting catcher who hit a homerun nearly half the time he got a hit missed 40 games, and their starting second baseman was lost for the season in early June.

There are a thousand things to troll Sox fans about, and Bob still falls flat on his face all while the Champagne that the Astros popped to celebrate is still cold.

You have to try to be that fucking stupid :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:21 am 

The starting LF is a china doll. He was a china doll in the Cubs organization, probably why they included him in a trade. You can't say "oh poor us, Eloy got hurt" that's what he does at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:
The starting LF is a china doll. He was a china doll in the Cubs organization, probably why they included him in a trade. You can't say "oh poor us, Eloy got hurt" that's what he does at this point.

Can and will.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:28 am 

Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Sox fans, do not listen to this man.
https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=117827&p=3239946&hilit=cubs+playoffs#p3239946
Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bababooey wrote:
Eloy hitting a robust .243, OBP at .300, WAR at 0.2.

The other elite hitter on the team is hitting .022, OBP at .154, WAR at -1.2.

So butthurt that the "Dynasty" is over and Theo gave up two stars for "Fifth Starter" Jose Quintana.

Dynasty is far from over. Still in line to make the playoffs this year and MANY years to come.

Unlike the Sox, the Cubs have an owner who will spend the money it takes to win.

I blame Covid for that response. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:30 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I don't think there is that much of a talent difference between the Sox and the Astros.

Robert is the most talented OF on either roster.

Moncada, Anderson, and Abreu are all talented on the infield.

2B is a no doubt win for the Astros. But other than that, at what position on the field is there a huge talent gap?

The Astros pitching staff is not way more talented, especially when you look at the bullpens.

Talent level is not the issue here.
100% this.

The White Sox pissed the bed for the second playoff series in a row. Maybe the Astros being more seasoned helped them, I don't know. But they took advantage of every break the Sox game them and every mistake the Sox made. That is what Championship level teams do. They play their best when the spotlight is the brightest.

The Sox have a ton of talent, but there needs to be some serious soul searching this offseason. Lynn, Giolito, Cease have to get thru at least 5 in the playoffs. Abreu, Moncada, Eloy ALL need to be better in the playoffs. Every single one of them. As MANY times as Robert and Anderson got on base, they had zero extra base hits between them. Moncanda, 0 HR 0 RBI. Robert 0 HR 1 RBI. Eloy, Abreu, 0 HR. Maybe the OB% was good, but the production was not good enough to win.

The Astros aren't vastly more talented than the Sox. Anybody who says otherwise is a dumbfuck. The Astros executed almost flawlessly, and it seemed that every time they had 2 outs with a RISP, they got a hit. Every time the Sox gave them a walk, they pushed that guy across the plate. They played better in almost every facet of the game. The Sox hardly did anything right.

This is a good, well thought out post but I take issue with the bolded. As shown this year, as bumslayers and the shitting of the bed in the playoffs, they have a ton of POTENTIAL talent. This is Houston's 5th straight ALCS and it not on accident. They do all the little things, including cheating. Talent HAS to be realized. It is NOT theoretical.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:33 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Dumbfuck, it is because THEY ARE MORE TALENTED! :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep drinking the cool aid. :drunken:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Astros are very good.

The Sox are very talented but didn’t play well. Sox pitching needs an upgrade at the top of the rotation

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Juiced wrote:
Dumbfuck, it is because THEY ARE MORE TALENTED!

Objectively, I don't think that's true. Houston had a better lineup. Their top echelon batters went seven deep while the Sox only went six. The Sox had better pitching but it was all beat up at the time of this series. That's the way it goes. Staying healthy matters and if you're going to win you have to have some luck when it comes to staying healthy. To be truthful, it's amazing the Sox ran as far as they did considering all the injuries they had this season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Talent HAS to be realized. It is NOT theoretical.
And that's why I said most of the Sox players need to take a serious look at themselves in the mirror this offseason. Ricky was made the scapegoat last year, and he fucked up the last week of the season and game 3 so fair enough. This year the Sox won as many playoff games with their new manager as they did with Ricky.

Neither manager was perfect, but Sox have to play better in October. The Sox have to strive to get homefield for at least the first round of next year's playoffs. It's that simple really.

Houston is a better ballclub, but the talent gap between them and the White Sox is not incredibly large. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a dumbfuck and given the replies here from Juiced and Bob, I'd say my comment is 100% on the money.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:44 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Astros are very good.

The Sox are very talented but didn’t play well. Sox pitching needs an upgrade at the top of the rotation

That's yet to be determined. They are in a division where 2nd place was 80-82 and where they played these teams for damn near half their schedule.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next