It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
An ace is dependable. You knew that Buehrle would go out there and battle nearly every game. You felt great when you gave Buehrle a 5 run lead. You felt good about giving Buehrle the ball against a great team. You can't say that about Giolito because he's not an ace and never will be. He's an entitled kid with some really good tools.

When Buehrle stepped on the mound, I thought he would win every game. I do not feel that with any White Sox pitcher right now. Cease has the potential.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tad bit of revisionist history and "feelings" about Mark Buehrle's career.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:

He didn't have Javier Vasquez's stuff when he was on, but he was consistently reliable. He was a gamer.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:17 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

He didn't have Javier Vasquez's stuff when he was on, but he was consistently reliable. He was a gamer.

He had extended periods of time when he was reliable. Mark Buehrle had a 4.99 ERA at age 27.

The point is, just be careful about throwing a pitcher, not a thrower, possibly a workhorse, on the scrap heap who has been in the 3.5 ERA, 1.1 WHIP area for 3 years. He's not an ace, but he can be for extended periods of time during the season. It's provable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You have to win one game to get into the playoffs. Im
Giving the ball to #56 over Lucas 100% of the time

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:48 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

So I guess that's that. Get rid of him while you can and let it all come out in the wash in 10 years.

Is this the board stance? Buehrle was never bad? Probably the same people who wanted to run him outta town in 2006.

Let's run Giolito out of town. It's OBVIOUS he's weak. He's had 3 bad starts. That would never happen to HOF Buehrles. He gets guys out drunk, for chrissake.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

So I guess that's that. Get rid of him while you can and let it all come out in the wash in 10 years.

Is this the board stance? Buehrle was never bad? Probably the same people who wanted to run him outta town in 2006.

Let's run Giolito out of town. It's OBVIOUS he's weak. He's had 3 bad starts. That would never happen to HOF Buehrles. He gets guys out drunk, for chrissake.

Buehrle was an all star that season. :wink: Buehrle had won a world series and had proven to be an ace before he had a subpar season. You're hoping that Giolito can figure it out based on his stuff. There isn't a lot about his makeup that makes me believe that he can. If some team wants to overpay the Sox for him, I will help pack his bags.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:15 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Buehrle was an all star that season. :wink: Buehrle had won a world series and had proven to be an ace before he had a subpar season. You're hoping that Giolito can figure it out based on his stuff. There isn't a lot about his makeup that makes me believe that he can. If some team wants to overpay the Sox for him, I will help pack his bags.

Giolito has always been a little soft in the head. Only going to get worse with the pitch clock next season. Get what you can for him and move on. Cheap ass Jerry doesn't sign very many pitchers to long term contracts anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

If they try to replace Giolito's production, they're either going to have to pay through the nose (which we all know they won't do) or go down the long and arduous path of developing another good starting pitcher. Is he an imposing or intimidating ace? No. Is he a tremendous value? Absolutely.

I'm not necessarily saying you resign him when he's a free agent, but this team has a lot of problems, and he isn't really one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:37 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It isn't about stuff. It's about command. It has nothing to do with "makeup". It's about throwing it where the mitt is. It's got nothing to do with growing up in Beverly Hills. You guys don't think he's an ace, I agree. Where I disagree is he can be an ace for periods of time, as both his and Buehrle's ERA shows. Even now, Giolito is sitting at a 3.88 ERA. That's Mark Buehrle. Like, to a tee. Buehrle, had a 4.11 post season ERA. He mowed down the Angels, but that's it. Unspectacular against Boston and Houston. This selective memory is a bit much here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Remind us of spectacular Giolito was in the ALDS last year.

Giolito reminds me a lot of Javier Vasquez. Great stuff lots of strikeouts, but wilts pretty quickly when the spotlight gets bright

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:53 pm 

Buehrle. That tough fucker. That ace. Never blew a lead because he hunts and wears camouflage. Has a motorcycle. He never went to St Mary's of the Safe Spaces. No sir.

Playoff Mark Buehrle 4.11 was good enough. Giolito 3.97 is good enough.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Juiced wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Giolito has always been a little soft in the head. Only going to get worse with the pitch clock next season. Get what you can for him and move on. Cheap ass Jerry doesn't sign very many pitchers to long term contracts anyway.

THIS

And he will leave when free agency comes.

The Sox should not let it get that far with him. Trade him now while he has max value.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Buehrle. That tough fucker. That ace. Never blew a lead because he hunts and wears camouflage. Has a motorcycle. He never went to St Mary's of the Safe Spaces. No sir.

Playoff Mark Buehrle 4.11 was good enough. Giolito 3.97 is good enough.

Sorry I missed where you explain how well Giolito did in the playoffs last season

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:51 pm 

He was one of many who did not do well. All soft in the head I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

I asked about one guy, not MANY.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:53 pm 

He sucked, Brick Costanza. Get rid of him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
What he did against Oakland the postseason before means nothing, only what he did against Houston last postseason.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:53 am 

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Trade him for a nice player and he will win a World Series for the team to whom he is traded, just like Sale.

I'm frustrated that he has seemed to give back leads all season.

I'd still sign him long term if he were open to it. We haven't even discussed that in the three year period you reference, he has also been durable. He also was great in his 2020 playoff appearance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:06 am 
100000 CLUB

Yes, he was great pitching in an empty stadium.

When the lights get bright, he seems to not perform well. And while I know even the best pitchers aren't going to have their A stuff for all thirty starts, if you want to be a true ace you find a way to win the game when you're given a five run lead in your home ballpark against a 26-31 team.

I would love to see 2019 Lucas on the mound again where seemingly the opposition has little to no chance at getting two or more runs. That doesn't seem to happen as consistently anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't know if it's old age or something else, but it's laughable to praise the durability of a guy who has never pitched 180 innings in his career. You even have to put an asterisk next to the ERA of these guys when comparing them to their predecessors because they rarely go through a lineup 3 times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:42 am 

Nas wrote:
I don't know if it's old age or something else, but it's laughable to praise the durability of a guy who has never pitched 180 innings in his career. You even have to put an asterisk next to the ERA of these guys when comparing them to their predecessors because they rarely go through a lineup 3 times.

He's possibly durable. Comparably, in this present terrible iteration of baseball, he is. Your point on ERA is a fair point. First I've seen in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tell me again how great Giolito is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tell me again how great Giolito is.

So you want to trade him for prospects to win in 2027? That the plan now?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

You are the absolute best at replying to sentences that are not actually posted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You are the absolute best at replying to sentences that are not actually posted.

Frank, it's called drawing conclusions. Such as knowing you are a fat moron from your posts.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
We still using this thread to comp Lucas to Mark Buerhle?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: Useless.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Trade him for a nice player and he will win a World Series for the team to whom he is traded, just like Sale.

I'd still sign him long term if he were open to it. We haven't even discussed that in the three year period you reference, he has also been durable. He also was great in his 2020 playoff appearance.

Sale is in different class than good ole Lucas.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Sale is in different class than good ole Lucas.

Yeah...Sale was a #1 on a World Series team. Lucas is a #3 on a World Series team.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next