It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tommy John.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
He has a funky delivery. Does not shock me. That sucks though….

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Looks like at best the Sox will be only able to stitch together pitching for 2nd Place in the AL Central.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The sox had one of the healthiest pitching staffs for years and now that front butt Herm is gone they have had 3 elbows blow out after years of nothing. I don't know what his secret was but they had amazing arm health under him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:10 pm 

was only a matter of time

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Sox were giving up bum arms to the Cubs last year in Crochet and Heuer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Crochet was kind of mediocre last year, at least relative to the expectations he created in the COVID season.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Crochet was kind of mediocre last year, at least relative to the expectations he created in the COVID season.

He dialed the MPH for "control" and was hittable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:39 pm 

Cashman wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

He dialed the MPH for "control" and was hittable.

Exactly. When he’s not throwing 103mph he’s not all that special. Sucks to have him gone for the year but if they were relying on him, they were probably screwed anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
The sox had one of the healthiest pitching staffs for years and now that front butt Herm is gone they have had 3 elbows blow out after years of nothing. I don't know what his secret was but they had amazing arm health under him.

they dumped Sale right before his expiration. the dumb spaz that he is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The irony is, they babied this guy last year in an attempt to preserve his arm, and this still happened. If a guy is predisposed to having this happen, it's going to happen, regardless of use.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:08 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
The irony is, they babied this guy last year in an attempt to preserve his arm, and this still happened. If a guy is predisposed to having this happen, it's going to happen, regardless of use.

There are 2 type of pitchers, those that have had TJ surgery and those that are going to have TJ surgery.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Warren Newson wrote:

The inverted W. It's damn near 100% probability. How Sale lasted as long as he did was a miracle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Another White Sock that WSox fans had going into the hall of fame before he threw his first pitch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Warren Newson wrote:

remember back in the good ol days when the cubbies touted pitching phenoms with catchy nicknames and then "perfect mechanics" and they all invariably had arm problems after you realized that humans are not meant to throw balls like "the slurve" over and over?

they had one inhuman asset that whole time. great guy by all accounts.... did the celebrity bartending thing in wrigleyville like farnsworth did, but didn't need to take the finest chick/s home at the end of the night to "give em the adam dunn in cincy treatment" if you catch my drift, cuz he had the wife and kids at home and he was good going to them home alone after being celebrity bartender. i've seen perfect mechanics towelthrower TALK ABOUT jesus in catholic newspapers, but with some of the stories i've heard about people who partied with him back in the day needed jesus after all that. suffice to say, the cubbies had one guy who didnt talk ABOUT god, he talked TO god, especially after god fucking knew that last pitch was strike and oh goddammit god i show you next pitch just you watch.

"don't forget about big z" - carlos zambrano (after the cubs paid wood and prior b4 their one true horse =)

MAJOR ARM SURGERIES: 0 (zero)
CAREER HAUL: $83MIL
AFTER HE LEFT THE MARLINS GRAVY TRAIN? WALKED AWAY LIKE A BOSS (we'll forget that little indy league comeback a year or two later. i get it, but still, he didnt last too long and he's good with his 83mil)

why wouldn't someone make this motherfucker a pitching coach? or a hitting coach? it was hilarious when he started for the cubs (the only appointment-tv cubs games i can remember outside of the 03 playoffs) and you'd see the lineups and the pitcher's batting average was .229 or something. HE WAS A SWITCH HITTING PITCHER FOR FUCK'S SAKE. that guy can coach my baseball team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
sinicalypse wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

remember back in the good ol days when the cubbies touted pitching phenoms with catchy nicknames and then "perfect mechanics" and they all invariably had arm problems after you realized that humans are not meant to throw balls like "the slurve" over and over?

they had one inhuman asset that whole time. great guy by all accounts.... did the celebrity bartending thing in wrigleyville like farnsworth did, but didn't need to take the finest chick/s home at the end of the night to "give em the adam dunn in cincy treatment" if you catch my drift, cuz he had the wife and kids at home and he was good going to them home alone after being celebrity bartender. i've seen perfect mechanics towelthrower TALK ABOUT jesus in catholic newspapers, but with some of the stories i've heard about people who partied with him back in the day needed jesus after all that. suffice to say, the cubbies had one guy who didnt talk ABOUT god, he talked TO god, especially after god fucking knew that last pitch was strike and oh goddammit god i show you next pitch just you watch.

"don't forget about big z" - carlos zambrano (after the cubs paid wood and prior b4 their one true horse =)

MAJOR ARM SURGERIES: 0 (zero)
CAREER HAUL: $83MIL
AFTER HE LEFT THE MARLINS GRAVY TRAIN? WALKED AWAY LIKE A BOSS (we'll forget that little indy league comeback a year or two later. i get it, but still, he didnt last too long and he's good with his 83mil)

why wouldn't someone make this motherfucker a pitching coach? or a hitting coach? it was hilarious when he started for the cubs (the only appointment-tv cubs games i can remember outside of the 03 playoffs) and you'd see the lineups and the pitcher's batting average was .229 or something. HE WAS A SWITCH HITTING PITCHER FOR FUCK'S SAKE. that guy can coach my baseball team.

Zambrano was a pitching machine. A head case and whack job, but man he had a lot of really good years.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:28 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

"the slurve"

What happened to the slurve? What happened to the fosh ball? It seems like they both left with Tom Paciorek.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Hawg Ass wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

There are 2 type of pitchers, those that have had TJ surgery and those that are going to have TJ surgery.

There is a 3rd but they are a dying breed if not extinct. They are the 85-90 percenters. Glavine, Buerhle, Maddux....those guys all kept it dialed down and were mostly healthy. I don't think any of them had TJ. Those days seem over now. Everyone is just airing their shit out and also doing that weighted ball stuff. It is as if the plan is to max everything out with full knowledge and expectation of getting TJ and then doing it again once you have rahabbed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Hawg Ass wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

There is a 3rd but they are a dying breed if not extinct. They are the 85-90 percenters. Glavine, Buerhle, Maddux....those guys all kept it dialed down and were mostly healthy. I don't think any of them had TJ. Those days seem over now. Everyone is just airing their shit out and also doing that weighted ball stuff. It is as if the plan is to max everything out with full knowledge and expectation of getting TJ and then doing it again once you have rahabbed.

you could be the jacob degrom type and have your TJ in college/minors and by the time you hit the majors you're reconstructed and you're ready to go. i thought syndergaard was going to be a zambrano type but evidently the zambrano type is just exceedingly rare. might i also point out that zambrano was rode hard in the minors and from day one in the minors and he just got stronger and stronger and i'm sure this has nothing to do with building up arm stamina and stuff, clearly people far smarter than i who did actually go to the good colleges know way more about this shit than i ever do and hey shit TJ surgeries might as well be done in drive thrus these days, no? good money in performing TJ surgeries right? can't fault the economics of it all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:04 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

you could be the jacob degrom type and have your TJ in college/minors and by the time you hit the majors you're reconstructed and you're ready to go. i thought syndergaard was going to be a zambrano type but evidently the zambrano type is just exceedingly rare. might i also point out that zambrano was rode hard in the minors and from day one in the minors and he just got stronger and stronger and i'm sure this has nothing to do with building up arm stamina and stuff, clearly people far smarter than i who did actually go to the good colleges know way more about this shit than i ever do and hey shit TJ surgeries might as well be done in drive thrus these days, no? good money in performing TJ surgeries right? can't fault the economics of it all.

It's important to remember that Zambrano was basically washed up by the time he was 30. Let's not deify him too strongly here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:01 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

We seem to be more interested in strike out rather than outs in general. You are never gonna see one of those three in mlb again unless the game changes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Cashman wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

We seem to be more interested in strike out rather than outs in general. You are never gonna see one of those three in mlb again unless the game changes.

Never say never. The "problem" is there is no shortage of 95+ arms.

There's a possibility Giolito could be a Glavine. To me, it's more fun to have 2 different changeups than 100MPH fastball. I try hard to overlook his spoiled rich kid attitude because I really want "fun" to succeed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The beginning the end for Crochet was Renteria using him in the early Innings of that dumpster fire playoff game.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:56 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The beginning the end for Crochet was Renteria using him in the early Innings of that dumpster fire playoff game.

That was the most poorly managed game I’ve ever seen.

Not sure where he is today but somebody should fire him again.