It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Royals at White Sox
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Not a great outing for Keuchel: four innings, five walks. But, at least he didn't burn the stadium down this time.

Post subject: Re: Royals at White Sox
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I don’t want to hear complaints from GD and Frank about TLR after they gave him a pass last season. He was very fortunate to say the least, but his inadequacies have caught up with him. He has been a below average manager since his comeback and this is what we deserve.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Any team that has the amount of injuries the Sox have had over the last two seasons is going to have some issues. I'm of the belief the Sox do not win more than 84 games last year with Renteria at the helm.

TLR was delt another shitty hand but he's played it really poorly so far this season. Another loss or two and I don't think the Sox will have much choice but to fire him. The team has been lifeless and embarrassing and while that's not all the managers fault, somebody is going to have to take the fall if this continues.

To say I'm thoroughly disgusted and disappointed would be an understatement.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He’s not going to be fired. Team “leaders” Tim Anderson and Jose Abreu sucking is the primary reason for the losing streak. La Russa mistakes contributed, but those two have sucked on offense and been disastrous on defense.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
You can’t fire your Shortstop and First Baseman though

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Abreu and Anderson didnt walk a guy with a .000 batting average then give up a homer. They certainly didnt pencil in Leury to hit 3rd in two games.

This team needs a serious shake up and wake up call, and a move has to be made.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Any tea. that has the amount of injuries the Sox have had over the last two seasons is going to have some issues. I'm of the belief the Sox do not win more than 84 games last year with Renteria at the helm.

TLR was delt another shitty hand but he's played it really poorly so far this season. Another loss or two and I don't think the Sox will have much choice but to fire him. The team has been lifeless and embarrassing and while that's not all the managers fault, somebody is going to have to take the fall if this continues.

This isn’t about Renteria though. TLR was never the right choice. Being better than what they had isn’t good enough. My bitching on this is almost entirely based on the pass he got from many Sox fans on this board after they made it through the first half of 2021 with key players missing. That was surprising and nice, but was TLR responsible for it? I’d be more inclined to credit freak streak hitting from Mercedes, solid pitching and a bit of luck than managerial superiority. TLR is certainly not the only reason they suck now either, but he certainly has been a larger detractor than a manager should be.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Caller Bob wrote:
You can’t fire your Shortstop and First Baseman though

Seven errors in seven days for TA

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: Trump Pies delivered by fwank
It's ovah. It's boring.

Why not watch the game you wish Liam had never left down there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgGG9v ... Highlights

World's greatest game. Never seems to stop. Waterboys go on the field during the game cuz it never seems to stop.

Buddy Franklin. Can he pitch?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Any tea. that has the amount of injuries the Sox have had over the last two seasons is going to have some issues. I'm of the belief the Sox do not win more than 84 games last year with Renteria at the helm.

This isn’t about Renteria though. TLR was never the right choice. Being better than what they had isn’t good enough. My bitching on this is almost entirely based on the pass he got from many Sox fans on this board after they made it through the first half of 2021 with key players missing. That was surprising and nice, but was TLR responsible for it? I’d be more inclined to credit freak streak hitting from Mercedes, solid pitching and a bit of luck than managerial superiority. TLR is certainly not the only reason they suck now either, but he certainly has been a larger detractor than a manager should be.

You know my position about managers. They're guys that sit on the bench while players win or lose games. I will say that the lineup LaRussa trotted out there in the second game of that doubleheader in Cleveland was unconscionable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tony LaRussa is the Joe Biden of managers.

Time to go

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:08 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
At what point does Rick Hahn say fuck all this and get himself on the market? If David Stearns leaves Milwaukee this off-season to become the President of the Mets (Alderson wants to retire), the Brewers can do much worse than give Hahn a look as their GM.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
My bitching on this is almost entirely based on the pass he got from many Sox fans on this board after they made it through the first half of 2021 with key players missing. That was surprising and nice, but was TLR responsible for it? I’d be more inclined to credit freak streak hitting from Mercedes, solid pitching and a bit of luck than managerial superiority. TLR is certainly not the only reason they suck now either, but he certainly has been a larger detractor than a manager should be.

I’m definitely guilty of that, but at what point should the guy get credit given the circumstances? He rolls out uncompetitive lineups at least once a week and his pitching decisions were atrocious at points, but if he should get the heat when they lose, does he get any credit when they won like they did last year?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Seacrest wrote:
Tony LaRussa is the Joe Biden of managers.

Time to go

But have you watched any clips of TLR that are more than 15 seconds?

Jerry- I cannot stay awake that long.
Bevington- Will someone change my diaper?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:39 am 
Site Admin

The first thing this team should do is cut Keuchel. He's a terrible clubhouse guy, constantly blaming his teammates or the manager. You can live with that if he's giving you a decent level of performance. There's no need to deal with it when the guy is one of the worst pitchers in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I’m sure AJ Hinch would have this team firing on all cylinders no doubt .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:57 am 

Kuechel gave up two runs yesterday on two booted ground outs. He's been brutalized by awful defense. The defense and baserunning have been awful. They stopped hitting, but when given leads the bullpen has squandered them.

Basically everything that could go wrong has, but they are not out of anything.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:59 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

You are misremembering the reception here to Larussa being hired.

He kept the team winning during very difficult circumstances last year. That deserved some credit. I think few thought he was the correct choice despite it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:04 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
At what point does Rick Hahn say fuck all this and get himself on the market? If David Stearns leaves Milwaukee this off-season to become the President of the Mets (Alderson wants to retire), the Brewers can do much worse than give Hahn a look as their GM.

Hahn oversaw one of the worst decades in Sox history. He squandered top 10 draft picks during those years. His only saving grace was signing arbitration level players to long term contracts that proved to be so far below market that teams were willing to give up a haul of prospects for his low priced veterans, two of whom helped their teams to world series wins. I wouldn't miss him for a second if he left, other than that JR would reinstall KW into the position.

Everyone knew the needs this off season: RF, 2b, SP. There were low priced, quality players all around those positions. He filled them with the typical Sox 35 year old veteran on his last legs.

The entire league knew SP was going to be important because of the condensed schedule and spring training. He rolled with busters.

How many times were we told post Machado debacle that the money would be spent when the time was right? This window was open and they still shied from going over the soft cap.

This season has been a testament to what JR is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:06 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

He got 77 wins last year out of a Tigers team many had winning only 50ish games. He wouldn't fix everything but he's obviously the guy they SHOULD have hired instead of Tony LaBiden.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Caller Bob wrote:
Tony LaBiden.

say, that's pretty clever

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:20 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Hahn oversaw one of the worst decades in Sox history. He squandered top 10 draft picks during those years. His only saving grace was signing arbitration level players to long term contracts that proved to be so far below market that teams were willing to give up a haul of prospects for his low priced veterans, two of whom helped their teams to world series wins. I wouldn't miss him for a second if he left, other than that JR would reinstall KW into the position.

Everyone knew the needs this off season: RF, 2b, SP. There were low priced, quality players all around those positions. He filled them with the typical Sox 35 year old veteran on his last legs.

The entire league knew SP was going to be important because of the condensed schedule and spring training. He rolled with busters.

How many times were we told post Machado debacle that the money would be spent when the time was right? This window was open and they still shied from going over the soft cap.

This season has been a testament to what JR is.

Josh Harrison has been a disaster. I hated the signing at the time. That said so has Marcus Semien.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

He got 77 wins last year out of a Tigers team many had winning only 50ish games. He wouldn't fix everything but he's obviously the guy they SHOULD have hired instead of Tony LaBiden.

I wouldn’t want that cheating piece of shit anywhere near my young team. Get back to me in September and we’ll see where the Tigers record compared to what the White Sox is

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:28 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I wouldn’t want that cheating piece of shit anywhere near my young team. Get back to me in September and we’ll see where the Tigers record compared to what the White Sox is

Unless you're the Dodgers, who gives a shit?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:36 am 
Site Admin

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Kuechel gave up two runs yesterday on two booted ground outs. He's been brutalized by awful defense. The defense and baserunning have been awful. They stopped hitting, but when given leads the bullpen has squandered them.

Of course not. The division is terrible. But errors are part of the game. You have to be able to pitch over them. I just think at this point Keuchel is a negative all the way around.

And yeah, the hitting vs. RHP is a glaring weakness. If they can be good enough to look like they can win the division, they probably need to make a deal for a lefthanded bat. I don't know who that is, who will be out there. But if a bat like Harper is available, you have to give up what it takes within reason to get him. If that means Crochet and Vaughn +, you probably have to do it. This is the window. You can't be falling in love with guys and trying to limp into winning now while planning on being even better later.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course not. The division is terrible. But errors are part of the game. You have to be able to pitch over them. I just think at this point Keuchel is a negative all the way around.

And yeah, the hitting vs. RHP is a glaring weakness. If they can be good enough to look like they can win the division, they probably need to make a deal for a lefthanded bat. I don't know who that is, who will be out there. But if a bat like Harper is available, you have to give up what it takes within reason to get him. If that means Crochet and Vaughn +, you probably have to do it. This is the window. You can't be falling in love with guys and trying to limp into winning now while planning on being even better later.

I don't know much about Kuechel's clubhouse attitude. He's not talented enough anymore to pitch over multiple defensive miscues in an inning.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't know much about Kuechel's clubhouse attitude. He's not talented enough anymore to pitch over multiple defensive miscues in an inning.

That's for damn sure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's not even really in the clubhouse. He's constantly blaming his teammates to the media. That wouldn't be good if he were Kershaw, it's completely unacceptable when he sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:20 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

and walks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
This is not a WS rotation, even with everyone back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next