All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Back to Houston
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
They're spending entirely too much time talking about that kid who caught the homerun ball.

A fat mulleted kid is the quintessential Texas sports fan. Have that kid bang a trash can and he may as well be on the payroll.

Don't be so fucking soft. If the guy wants the ball tell him to go get me the signed Verlander jersey. Otherwise fuck off.

He got the Verlander jersey in the end, as well as the tickets and the signed Altuve ball. All it took was the ESPN announcers mentioning it on the air.

The sound kept cutting in and out -- but why the hell did the Astros say no to his first request? He asked for a signed jersey from his favorite player (I couldn't catch who it was). How hard is that? What assholes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I'd just keep it. I've never caught an in game foul ball, nevermind a HR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
You know the team tries to bully the shit out of you. I wouldn't hold a rookie's first home run ball hostage, but if you won't meet a reasonable request like a signed Verlander jersey, go fuck yourself.

I remember when the steroid boys were setting their questionable records. Those balls were going to be worth six figures. You really expect me to give it to your for a different signed ball and a couple of tickets? Fuck you. You want that ball, you're gonna pay for it.

When it's in their interest the players suddenly want the fans to treat them like friendly faces in the community. At all other times they segregate themselves and want nothing to do with the fans unless the team forces them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:10 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
You know the team tries to bully the shit out of you. I wouldn't hold a rookie's first home run ball hostage

I caught it. I want it. Fuck you. Autographs mean nothing to me. It's scribble. I looked up this guy. .890 OPS in AAA. 77 minor league HRs. That HR was 343 ft at that little league ballpark. Come back to me in 5 years with a better offer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
You know the team tries to bully the shit out of you. I wouldn't hold a rookie's first home run ball hostage

I caught it. I want it. Fuck you. Autographs mean nothing to me. It's scribble. I looked up this guy. .890 OPS in AAA. 77 minor league HRs. That HR was 343 ft at that little league ballpark. Come back to me in 5 years with a better offer.

:lol: You can keep the ball if you want. I don't think that makes you an asshole. I'm just telling you what I would do.

Also, that guy is like Crash Davis. It's unlikely that that ball is every going to have any value to anyone but his grandchildren. If it's the first homer by a guy who has Hall of Fame potential, I'd make that motherfucker pay or I'd keep the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: You can keep the ball if you want. I don't think that makes you an asshole. I'm just telling you what I would do.

Also, that guy is like Crash Davis. It's unlikely that that ball is every going to have any value to anyone but his grandchildren. If it's the first homer by a guy who has Hall of Fame potential, I'd make that motherfucker pay or I'd keep the ball.

Of course it's a shot in the dark, but think of the fun in keeping it. Be looking at the box score every day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:20 am 

all in all, not a bad weekend series for the sox and a 4-2 roadtrip

its time to make hay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The pressure sale you would receive would make timeshare salespeople seem mellow and patient.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

its time to make hay

Bottom of the order killed them. Need Moncada back so Harrison can be cut. Put Mendick at 2nd.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:24 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The pressure sale you would receive would make timeshare salespeople seem mellow and patient.

I got cussed at and called stupid by a time share salesman. "Ok, NOW can I have my DVD player?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I got cussed at and called stupid by a time share salesman. "Ok, NOW can I have my DVD player?"

My cousin's husband told me about how he made my cousin sit through a time share pitch so they could go on a free fishing charter. My cousin was trying to talk him out of it telling him the fishing trip would be miserable. But this guy is an obstinate motherfucker.

The way he told the story was hilarious. They kept bullying him on the boat but he just said, "I listened to your pitch. I don't want your product. Now I'm here to fish." My cousin said it was the most uncomfortable thing she had ever been through in her life but her husband was immune to the pressure. The time share guys kept getting ruder and ruder throughout the trip but this guy just kept on fishing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

My cousin's husband told me about how he made my cousin sit through a pitch so they could go on a free fishing charter. My cousin was trying to talk him out of it telling him the fishing trip would be miserable. But this guy is an obstinate motherfucker.

The way he told the story was hilarious. They kept bullying him on the boat but he just said, "I listened to your pitch. I don't want your product. Now I'm here to fish." My cousin said it was the most uncomfortable thing she had ever been through in her life but her husband was immune to the pressure. The time share guys kept getting ruder and ruder throughout the trip but this guy just kept on fishing.

That would be entertaining to me. You know that you are winning based on how angry they're getting. I would just continue to repeat the same line calmly. They're not going to physically assault you. Therefore, it's just a competition to see who will leave pissed off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

My cousin's husband told me about how he made my cousin sit through a pitch so they could go on a free fishing charter. My cousin was trying to talk him out of it telling him the fishing trip would be miserable. But this guy is an obstinate motherfucker.

That would be entertaining to me. You know that you are winning based on how angry they're getting. I would just continue to repeat the same line calmly. They're not going to physically assault you. Therefore, it's just a competition to see who will leave pissed off.

:lol: When they were telling me the story my cousin kept rolling her eyes. Her husband was happy. He said it was one of the best fishing trips he had ever been on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:47 am 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's not their first rodeo. I don't think they are angry. They are weeding out the troublemakers from the industry so they'll never come back for the freebies. Now that I have more time, this would be a nice hobby.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:06 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

its time to make hay

Bottom of the order killed them. Need Moncada back so Harrison can be cut. Put Mendick at 2nd.

You have Mendick at his best right now. You can ride it for a while but he'll get exposed as a regular. Time to get that prospect out of AAA who has hit the last two years and can play good 2B d.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

its time to make hay

You have Mendick at his best right now. You can ride it for a while but he'll get exposed as a regular. Time to get that prospect out of AAA who has hit the last two years and can play good 2B d.

Once this offense gets Yoan Baez and his .179 BA back....WATCH OUT!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't know how anyone except for Hahn could expect Moncada or Jimenez to be available and effective for an extended period. I have more faith in Cueto giving me 140 innings of great pitching.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:58 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

its time to make hay

or Tim and his .355

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
I don't know how anyone except for Hahn could expect Moncada or Jimenez to be available and effective for an extended period. I have more faith in Cueto giving me 140 innings of great pitching.

I’m not sure how much could’ve been done to address it, but the lack of depth has been an obvious issue for a few years now.

A good part of the pro-TLR argument last year was that they were winning despite having a ton of scrubs in the lineup.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

its time to make hay

or Tim and his .355

Anderson is already back. So we can cut Harrison. Burger at 3rd. Mendick at 2nd.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.