It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mile High Club
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
LTG is going to go back to the 154 game season to "prove" you wrong, Nardi.

Hey Ballpark of little knowledge, How about you go about proving him right then? You know being the aficionado and all? "WE" both know you can't don't "WE" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Tough search. Other than that dreadful Cardinals team that won it with a historically bad NL and the Tigers not being able to pick up dribblers, Royals had 89. Astros had 89.....2005!

In any case, to have more than like a 2 or 3% chance historically, the sox have to play like .650 ball. Those seem to me to be the facts and the odds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :oops: :lol: Braves last season.

But yes. Making the playoffs is not the goal. 2 games out, 1 game out, 6 games out. Not good enough. The Sox should be steamrolling the division and shooting to win a Championship. Others seem be ok with simply being asked to the dance. I want the Sox to fuck the prom queen.

Or King in LTG's case.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:10 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Tough search. Other than that dreadful Cardinals team that won it with a historically bad NL and the Tigers not being able to pick up dribblers, Royals had 89. Astros had 89.

In any case, to have more than like a 2 or 3% chance historically, the sox have to play like .650 ball. Those seem to me to be the facts and the odds.

There have been 4 teams to win the World Series since 2000 alone using your criteria. By my quick "math" that's slightly under 20% chance of winning. And this naturally doesn't account for those that happened to "participate" in the World Series either.

And you might as well throw anything pre 2000 out since far fewer teams actually made the playoffs back then. With the new playoff format, you will begin to see more and more teams win the World Series, even as they win less than 90 games

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:16 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

But yes. Making the playoffs is not the goal. 2 games out, 1 game out, 6 games out. Not good enough. The Sox should be steamrolling the division and shooting to win a Championship. Others seem be ok with simply being asked to the dance. I want the Sox to fuck the prom queen.

Or King in LTG's case.

OK, I was wrong. Woefully wrong is arguable. Down to 88 wins and it's still .640 ball. If they play .640 ball going into October, I'm in.

But they won't. There's a bigger sample size staring at me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:18 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Or King in LTG's case.

OK, I was wrong. Woefully wrong is arguable. Down to 88 wins and it's still .640 ball. If they play .640 ball going into October, I'm in.

But they won't. There's a bigger sample size staring at me.

Well they do have the guy responsible for winning the WS with 83 wins manning the ship, thus anything is possible.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:19 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Well they do have the guy responsible for winning the WS with 83 wins manning the ship, thus anything is possible.

:lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:23 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Tough search. Other than that dreadful Cardinals team that won it with a historically bad NL and the Tigers not being able to pick up dribblers, Royals had 89. Astros had 89.

There have been 4 teams to win the World Series since 2000 alone using your criteria. By my quick "math" that's slightly under 20% chance of winning. And this naturally doesn't account for those that happened to "participate" in the World Series either.

And you might as well throw anything pre 2000 out since far fewer teams actually made the playoffs back then. With the new playoff format, you will begin to see more and more teams win the World Series, even as they win less than 90 games

Braves, Cardinals, 2000 yankees, and who else? I'm not arguing, you won, who's the other?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
There's a bigger sample size staring at me.
Exactly. LTG is right in that the hottest team going into October typically can make the biggest run, record notwithstanding.

But we have 170+ games they say the White Sox are a mediocre ballclub- at best. I mean truth be told its pretty tough to have two different 7 game win streaks and still be under .500 over that stretch. I doubt you find many teams with 80 wins or less that have two winning streaks like that over the course of a season. I would think the only way you can accomplish such a feat is to play incredibly stupid baseball, and well.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

The 2006 Cardinals were in 1st place for 129 days of the season. They were ahead by as many as 7 games, and were never more than 3 games back.

By contrast, the 2022 White Sox have spent 8 days in 1st place. 0 days since April 20th :lol:
Their largest lead in the division was two games. This occurred a whopping 10 days into the season :lol:
They have been as far as 6.5 back.

bUt ThE mAtH!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:35 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The 2006 Cardinals were in 1st place for 129 days of the season. They were ahead by as many as 7 games, and were never more than 3 games back.

But, but, but you see, now this changes everything! I'm sure that Caller Bob and Brogue among others, just love it (in those rare instances) when you choose to "analyze" Ballpark :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:43 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Braves, Cardinals, 2000 yankees, and who else? I'm not arguing, you won, who's the other?

Giants.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:48 pm 

The schedule is something to drool over right to the end. They get to be tested severely from Sept 27 on, which is good and Frank has pointed out.

So the optimist would say, play .650 ball for two months, there's no reason why you shouldn't, and then win 6 of 9 to close it out, showing to themselves that they belong.

And then shit the bed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Yep. Probably sweep the Twins to close out the regular season, then the rotation and bullpen will be all jacked up and they lose two of three in the Wild Card round. And then we get to hear how they came together over the final 50-60 some games, over came injuries, adversity, won a division, blah, blah, and we're in a good place for next year!

Typical rah rah bullshit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Eloy!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

FAR SUPERIOR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:14 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
GREAT win. Even included some Liam Hendricks histrionics.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Sox moved Lynn to pitch tomorrow against the Tribe. Cease goes today.

Not sure why you wouldn't have Cease pitch in Cleveland and let shitfuck Giolito try to shut down the Rockies today. Having Gio go today means he would have went again Sunday against Detroit, and not faced Cleveland at all. Instead he goes Friday which means he likely goes against Cleveland next week. With the off day Monday, Sox could have lined up the rotation to have Lynn, Cease, Cueto pitch that series.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:45 am 

yeah Cease against Clev seems like a no brainer.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
I don't really have an issue with Lynn going tomorrow. But if you're going to move somebody, it would seem like the no brainer to move Cease so that you have your best guy going against the team you are chasing twice.

MINIMUM you have to win 3 of 4 against Cleveland coming up here. Having Cease go twice gives you better odds of that happening than having him not go at all, and Giolito going once.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I don't really have an issue with Lynn going tomorrow. But if you're going to move somebody, it would seem like the no brainer to move Cease so that you have your best guy going against the team you are chasing twice.

MINIMUM you have to win 3 of 4 against Cleveland coming up here. Having Cease go twice gives you better odds of that happening than having him not go at all, and Giolito going once.

I think they need to win all 4 because of the tiebreaker.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

You're probably right. But 3 of 4 at least keeps them alive. A spilt or worse than they're done regardless of what the math says.

But even if you figure you need all four, wouldn't you rather Cease going AT LEAST once against them than not at all?

20 games left (including today) and I would say that the Sox need to go 14-6/15-5 or better to have a chance to win the division.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
You're probably right. But 3 of 4 at least keeps them alive. A spilt or worse than they're done regardless of what the math says.

But even if you figure you need all four, wouldn't you rather Cease going AT LEAST once against them than not at all?

20 games left (including today) and I would say that the Sox need to go 14-6/15-5 or better to have a chance to win the division.

I completely agree. Maybe Cease prefers his routine.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

He had an off day Monday, now a one night road trip, will have another off day on the 19th, and yet another on the 26th. His routine is going to be sort of jacked up regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think you have to have today and tomorrow. You worry about the next series with Cleveland then.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:14 pm 

If they need a perfect "highlight" for the Sox '22 time capsule, the first batter today just gave it to them...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:22 pm 

Cease is defenseless after the pitch is thrown.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

25 pitch first inning doesn't bode well for a long outing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next