It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Not without consistency from the bats. Cease would have to be perfect and then either Kopech or Cueto would have to be better than I think we can realistically expect if they’re not hitting good pitching.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Just looked at the WC standings. Three teams within 3 of the Mariners/Rays. Four if you count Minnesota.

Sox 3 back. The situation is fluid.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
The White Sox have been getting good to great pitching on a consistent basis for awhile now. That will likely continue.
As far as the bats go they are a team constructed to be a power team but the guys thar were counted on to produce big time power numbers have not really been holding up their end of the deal unfortunately. If this continues then they will have a tough time winning in the playoffs.
The lack of team speed has relegated them to being a station to station team and its tough to score runs when you need 3-4 hits in an inning in order to do so.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:05 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Not without consistency from the bats. Cease would have to be perfect and then either Kopech or Cueto would have to be better than I think we can realistically expect if they’re not hitting good pitching.

Lynn looked crisp last outing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi wrote:

Against the mighty A's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:07 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Against the mighty A's

Crisp is crisp. Late breaking stuff. Maybe he's got an antidote for the spider tack as he leaves the mound. He takes off his cap and runs his hand through his quite luxurious hair.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I hope, and agree that on paper a short series might benefit the Sox. But having watched the team and the pitching staff more closely than others, I'm not sure I would have confidence in them being able to shutdown Toronto or Tampa for 2-3 straight games. Hell, they struggled enough with the Orioles last month.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I hope, and agree that on paper a short series might benefit the Sox. But having watched the team and the pitching staff more closely than others, I'm not sure I would have confidence in them being able to shutdown Toronto or Tampa for 2-3 straight games. Hell, they struggled enough with the Orioles last month.

Extremely confident it won't be Toronto. Rays have been struggling with White Sox Disease for a couple months. Seattle hasn't struggled. Looking at the landscape as of today, I think we may be looking at Seattle or Minnesota.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Toronto has 3 with Baltimore next. If Baltimore can take 2 of 3, they are playing with house money and will likely be sitting in that #6 spot as of Thursday morning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I'm not buying it...the Sox have just about half of their remaining games against .500 or better teams.

This team has proved to be .500 at best. They're blah....going absolutely nowhere. Short series...they still lose.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:37 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Toronto has 3 with Baltimore next. If Baltimore can take 2 of 3, they are playing with house money and will likely be sitting in that #6 spot as of Thursday morning.

21-8 over the last month. Big test, these three games.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Based on how the rule is written and generally enforced, over turning the call was the right move. I don't agree with the rule and think it should be how it used to be with collisions at the plate, but its on the books so that's that.

Jomboy
Has a nice start to finish angle on the positioning of the catcher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qbA9VDCkBQ