It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
It sure is nice not to have an PBP guy who does stand up for 7 yr olds, isn't it?

Well said.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:12 pm 

Why’d they pull Kopech so early?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
BUTTHEMATH!!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Oh No! "But they haven't met ExPecTaTionS"!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

He has an issue with his knee.

Stone was talking about it yesterday on the Score.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:

If it's an issue, it's minor. His velocity is 97 and he threw 100 pitches last outing. This early yanking was more about the high volume last outing and the lousy command. I didn't mind him getting pulled and I hope he had a sleepless night because of it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:37 pm 

TLR giving the Rangers three automatic outs in the 6-8 spots today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:40 pm 

Love the Rangers uniforms today.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

If it's an issue, it's minor. His velocity is 97 and he threw 100 pitches last outing. This early yanking was more about the high volume last outing and the lousy command. I didn't mind him getting pulled and I hope he had a sleepless night because of it.

He is not throwing 97 consistently. And his average velocity is barely 94 since he injured his knee in June.

His HR numbers are up since then. And there is no wonder why.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

TLR giving the Rangers three automatic outs in the 6-8 spots today.

Watch them score 10 just because.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Oh, a Giolito game. They better score a bunch.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:32 pm 

Vaughn reads CFMB.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:40 pm 

I actually feel bad for Moncada. That AB was just pitiful.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

Awful. He would better off just standing there hoping for a walk like Grandal.

Nice to see them scoring early and often today

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:37 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Awful. He would better off just standing there hoping for a walk like Grandal.

Nice to see them scoring early and often today

Ha. I was thinking yesterday how as a rookie he wouldn't take the bat off his shoulder. He might want go back to that mindset. If it ain't right where he wants it, take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Moncada must read the board as well. A bases loaded walk was the only way he was getting an RBI today

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Watch them score 10 just because.
Pretty close.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:33 pm 

2 back with Minny headed to the Dodgers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:36 pm 

Probably a good time to forfeit the rest of the season seeing as they have not met "expectations"

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:21 pm 

How the Twins lost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Based on how the rule is written and generally enforced, over turning the call was the right move. I don't agree with the rule and think it should be how it used to be with collisions at the plate, but its on the books so that's that.

They have a pretty good overall record over the last 5 weeks, I think like the 3rd best in the AL since July 1st or something like that. But even with that they have given away at least three or four games over the stretch. @Colorado and Thursday night are prime examples. So yeah the math says they are in it but the math SHOULD say they are 3-5 games up at this point. The fact that they aren't, coupled with their overall record of the last 180 games or so, shows the real fans and people who have more than half an ounce of baseball IQ everything that needs to be said about this team.

I'm certainly rooting for the Sox to make the playoffs, but I don't have high hopes they will be playing past the Wild Card round or the ALDS......IF they even make it that far.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:41 pm 

Anyone that knows anything about baseball knows that championships are not won in early August. And there is no doubt that if MANY of the so called REAL SOX fans of today had posting here in 05 they would have claimed that they too "had no shot" after watching them play the second half of the season.

Now they get to "revise" and pretend as if it were a foregone conclusion that the Sox were going to win it all along. Like most Monday Morning QBs are want to do.

As previously stated, it's not a "lost season" if they don't win or even make it to the WS. It's only a lost season if they don't make the playoffs. With their full complement of players going the last 50 games or so I fully expect this to happen.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:05 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Anyone that knows anything about baseball knows that championships are not won in early August. And there is no doubt that if MANY of the so called REAL SOX fans of today had posting here in 05 they would have claimed that they too "had no shot" after watching them play the second half of the season.

Now they get to "revise" and pretend that they knew they were going to win it all along. Like most Monday Morning QBs are want to do.

As previously stated, it's not a "lost season" if they don't win or even make it to the WS. It's only a lost season if they don't make the playoffs. With their full complement of players going the last 50 games or so I fully expect this to happen.

:lol: Who are you to declare what is and what is not a lost season? Are you aware the 3rd best division winner has to play the worst WC? A one and done is a fucking catastrophe.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Are you aware the 3rd best division winner has to play the worst WC?
:lol: Not a chance in hell he knew this before your post. Guaranfuckingteed he was clueless about the expanded playoffs.

White Sox were 9 games ahead of Cleveland on this date in 2005. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:09 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Now they get to "revise" and pretend that they knew they were going to win it all along. Like most Monday Morning QBs are want to do.

:lol: Who are you to declare what is and what is not a lost season? Are you aware the 3rd best division winner has to play the worst WC? A one and done is a fucking catastrophe.

Who are you and Frank to set "expectations"? Or declare a team over .500 to be "trash"?
And yeah I am aware of the playoff format and my point still stands.
And by the way MLB did away with "one and dones" after last season. I'm shocked that neither you nor wannabe Baseball guru Frank were aware of this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:20 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

WC round is best of 3 this year.

In my opinion that’s worse. Last year they were exposed against the Astros. They need to turn into the ‘06 Cardinals or they’re going to get humiliated in a short series. A division winner shouldn’t get shit pumped by the third WC team.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:20 pm 

A certain wannabe guru keeps touting the "last 180 games" yet fails to factor in that the team was up comfortably in their division for nearly 80 of those games. Meanwhile he uses the "standings" (and conveniently not the 2nd half record of the team) to support his mistaken belief that the 2005 team was playing good baseball in the 2nd half of the season. All while not knowing that this is a contradiction of his essential point. What an idiot!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:36 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Who are you and Frank to set "expectations"? Or declare a team over .500 to be "trash"?
And by the way MLB did away with "one and dones" after last season. I'm shocked that neither you nor wannabe Baseball guru Frank were aware of this.

One and done in postseason playoff series. If I know the format, I certainly know it's not what I used to call "a play-in game". As far as I was concerned, only one WC made the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:42 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

One and done in postseason playoff series. If I know the format, I certainly know it's not what I used to call "a play-in game". As far as I was concerned, only one WC made the playoffs.

And even if that were to occur its still not a lost season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:44 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

WC round is best of 3 this year.

In my opinion that’s worse. Last year they were exposed against the Astros. They need to turn into the ‘06 Cardinals or they’re going to get humiliated in a short series. A division winner shouldn’t get shit pumped by the third WC team.

That I didn't remember. I thought it was going to be best of 5. 3 game series should be to the Sox advantage.