It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: He gone?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
DJ with the bong.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
DJ with the bong.

:lol: oh yea. that is a good one. Ok maybe i'll change back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
BigW72 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Stop. Hahn acted within the guidelines and finance derivatives of upper management and ownership. If he had an ounce of integrity, he would have resigned in May. Any legitimate front office would have fired their manager before Memorial Day, and would have made whatever moves they could have at the trade deadline to improve.

The excuse making for Hahn needs to stop. Jerry was right to pass on the cheating Tigers manager. If Hahn didn't like it, he should have quit. Instead, he gave TLR shit rosters.

We'll never know....but we do know that Jerry, Kenny, or Jerry+Kenny meddle and / or place barriers whenever they feel like it.

Hahn deserves scrutiny. He's done nothing that warrants confidence or praise. It appears that he's gone 1 for 3 on trades on the last rebuild. That being said....hiring TLR is almost guaranteed to not be his doing. In terms of the 2022 roster...we have no idea what kind of parameters he had to work with. Yes...the team went worse from 2021, but this organization has proven time and time again it's more than the GM fucking shit up.

I think we all overrated the 20 game covid season when the Sox had 2 MVP's.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Caller Bob wrote:
Tim Anderson keepings doing stupid shit

CB, ladies and gentlemen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

McCareins_Fan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Tim Anderson keepings doing stupid shit

CB, ladies and gentlemen.
Well if anybody would know about saying or doing stupid shit, its Caller Bob.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:04 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Bagels wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Hopefully it is not something life threatening. If I had to speculate, I would guess a case of AFib.

A few minutes ago I saw a clip from Parkins and Spiegel and supposedly this directive came from a cardiologist in Chicago who wanted him to go see his own doctors. If Tony comes to Durham, I can recommend a good heart surgeon for him!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Stop. Hahn acted within the guidelines and finance derivatives of upper management and ownership. If he had an ounce of integrity, he would have resigned in May. Any legitimate front office would have fired their manager before Memorial Day, and would have made whatever moves they could have at the trade deadline to improve.

The excuse making for Hahn needs to stop. Jerry was right to pass on the cheating Tigers manager. If Hahn didn't like it, he should have quit. Instead, he gave TLR shit rosters.

This is why you never rebuild by tanking. They wasted six years of my life by losing on purpose and they came out the other side as the fourth best team in the division.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This is why you never rebuild by tanking. They wasted six years of my life by losing on purpose and they came out the other side as the fourth best team in the division.

Well, you shouldn't draft or trade for a bunch of designated hitters. You also shouldn't give Leury Garcia a $20M golden parachute and make him an everyday player.

There is talent on this team. The pieces just don't fit. It doesn't help when pinch hitter Albert Pujols has more home runs than every player on the White Sox.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Well, you shouldn't draft or trade for a bunch of designated hitters. You also shouldn't give Leury Garcia a $20M golden parachute and make him an everyday player.

There is talent on this team. The pieces just don't fit. It doesn't help when pinch hitter Albert Pujols has more home runs than every player on the White Sox.

It did work for the Cubs though, where for one freakish year, the DHs and leftfelders played elite defense.

I'm pretty sure Leury is LaRussa's guy.

The problem with this team isn't talent. It's leadership and a lack of TWTW. I'd be looking to move Anderson and Robert for as much as I can get. And I'd trade Vaughn for the right deal too. You're stuck with Moncada and Grandal for now. But I wouldn't go too long next year with Grandal underperforming. He's a terrible clubhouse guy. Just cut your losses. This team needs to be taken apart, not to lose on purpose some more, but to get winning type players.

It's funny that so many Sox fans are so eager to show Abreu the door when he's still their best player. He's a guy that will give you a discount too. He's the one guy I'd bring back for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The problem with this team isn't talent. It's leadership and a lack of TWTW.

:lol: Who you crappin?!?! Most of these guys suck!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:27 am 

Quote:
I'd be looking to move Anderson and Robert for as much as I can get

bigbo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It did work for the Cubs though, where for one freakish year, the DHs and leftfelders played elite defense.

The problem with this team isn't talent. It's leadership and a lack of TWTW. I'd be looking to move Anderson and Robert for as much as I can get. And I'd trade Vaughn for the right deal too. You're stuck with Moncada and Grandal for now. But I wouldn't go too long next year with Grandal underperforming. He's a terrible clubhouse guy. Just cut your losses. This team needs to be taken apart, not to lose on purpose some more, but to get winning type players.

It's funny that so many Sox fans are so eager to show Abreu the door when he's still their best player. He's a guy that will give you a discount too. He's the one guy I'd bring back for sure.

I like Vaughn. I think you can build with him.

Abreu is a gamer. The guy has probably duct taped his hamstring in place to play.The younger guys sit it they aren't 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:08 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He won't need to give a discount. A 36 year old 1b/DH without power isn't going to be getting big offers. Also, you say they lack leadership and I start looking directly at the guy who was supposed to be the leader of all the caribbean players. Yes, I would bring him back but I think we are seeing a player in decline.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:13 am 
100000 CLUB

OG Abreu can't give the guys heart. I think his power outage is due to multiple lower body injuries he's playing with. He made the adjustment around June to essentially become a singles or doubles hitter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

There is a ton of individual talent on this roster. You follow them more closely than anyone else here. You should know this. They do not play as a team and as a team they are absolutely brutal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:25 am 

No there isn't you idiot. There are players overhyped by the media and dopy fans that haven't amounted to shit in the big leagues. Keep fooling yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They do play as a team. A team that’s average at best. They hit for no power whatsoever as a team too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Nas wrote:
OG Abreu can't give the guys heart. I think his power outage is due to multiple lower body injuries he's playing with. He made the adjustment around June to essentially become a singles or doubles hitter.

I'd agree with that.

He needs to hit better with men on, though. That was about .248 last time I checked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:27 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He won't need to give a discount. A 36 year old 1b/DH without power isn't going to be getting big offers. Also, you say they lack leadership and I start looking directly at the guy who was supposed to be the leader of all the caribbean players. Yes, I would bring him back but I think we are seeing a player in decline.

He was never a leader. You may have wished him to be one. But he never claimed to be that and he never was that.

He has plenty enough power. And if you let him go he'll likely destroy you as an Oakland A next season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The best guy on the Cubs would bat sixth in this lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

I was told by a self proclaimed baseball savant that OPS was the best number to use to measure a hitter's greatness. Abreu is at .840 right now which is 19th in all of MLB and 11th in the AL.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Isn't COVID Moncada (when he plays) hitting 6th now for the Sox?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I was told by a self proclaimed baseball savant that OPS was the best number to use to measure a hitter's greatness. Abreu is at .840 right now which is 19th in all of MLB and 11th in the AL.

That's pretty good. He has 30 doubles (I think). He's also getting walked with RISP. He'd have more RBI if the Sox got anyone on, but he does need to do a better job hitting with men on, and some more home runs would be nice.

The guy has led the league in one category or another every year (except maybe one).

It ain't him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Anything over .850 is pretty good. Before the steroid era, sluggers who consistently hit with .900+ OPS in their primes, when they got into their 33-34+ age range and their OPS dropped below .850... look out below! We are talking Reggie Jackson at the Mendoza line and Mike Schmidt retiring mid-season levels.

Abreu never really had the home run power peaks to be consistently at that level, so he's probably good for another year if he wants to keep playing. But if he loses another 20 points of slugging next year, it should be time to move him to a wise old man on the bench role.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Anything over .850 is pretty good. Before the steroid era, sluggers who consistently hit with .900+ OPS in their primes, when they got into their 33-34+ age range and their OPS dropped below .850... look out below! We are talking Reggie Jackson at the Mendoza line and Mike Schmidt retiring mid-season levels.

Abreu never really had the home run power peaks to be consistently at that level, so he's probably good for another year if he wants to keep playing. But if he loses another 20 points of slugging next year, it should be time to move him to a wise old man on the bench role.

I mildly disagree with you. I think the MLB average for the last couple of years has been in the .720's. I would say .800 and above is good,.900 and above is great, and 1.00 and above is excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'd still feel pretty good coming back with these guys next year. This year's offseason needs are the same as last: LH hitting, LF who can actually play the position, 2B and a LHSP.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:52 am 

if they're doing so well with Larussa out, does it make sense to keep Anderson out when he's ready to return ? seem to be playing much better w/o him

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Bagels wrote:
if they're doing so well with Larussa out, does it make sense to keep Anderson out when he's ready to return ? seem to be playing much better w/o him

Two things. Don't tell nobody about this. This shit is between me, you, and Rick Hahn. It ain't nobody else's business. Two: you leave town tonight, right now. And when you're gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your White Sox privileges. Deal?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Good news for Sox fans . Now the great Miguel Cairo can get the team ready to play inspired baseball the rest of the year just like he did in the most important series of the year this week when Cleveland came here . No longer have to worry about Tony holding the team down and preventing them from greatness any longer .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next