It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Might be the greatest trade in MLB history. I don't think I'm exaggerating. There's been one guy in trades that's a rip off for an older vet to try to win a division. Rare to get two stud all stars/potential HOFers.

Theo: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:30 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Yeah, that didn’t work out.

I wonder if that is the first bad trade in Cub history.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:31 am 

Revenge for the Sosa trade, though Sosa is hated by the Cubs now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Speaking of Cease, Joe O. said he is now the favorite to win the Cy Young over Verlander. I don't see how. His only major stat advantage is strikeouts, but his K/BB ratio is actually way worse (3:1 vs Verlander's 6:1). Verlander has a better W/L, better ERA, better WHIP. Both playing for contenders (Houston obviously better), and innings are close.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:09 am 

Definitely a great trade for the Sox.

But I would slow down on saying they are potential HOFers.

Eloy cannot seem to stay healthy.

Cease looks amazing right now, but Giolitto looked amazing not that long ago and now...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Speaking of Cease, Joe O. said he is now the favorite to win the Cy Young over Verlander. I don't see how. His only major stat advantage is strikeouts, but his K/BB ratio is actually way worse (3:1 vs Verlander's 6:1). Verlander has a better W/L, better ERA, better WHIP. Both playing for contenders (Houston obviously better), and innings are close.

Seems to of entered a 2nd prime of his career....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:13 am 

Eloy will be hurt again soon. Cease is what really won the trade and was the extra guy in the deal.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:18 am 

It does amuse me when people mention that Eloy gets injured a lot in reference to the trade. He's still playing more games for the Sox than Quintana is for the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:19 am 

Beardown wrote:
Might be the greatest trade in MLB history. I don't think I'm exaggerating. There's been one guy in trades that's a rip off for an older vet to try to win a division. Rare to get two stud all stars/potential HOFers.

Holy crap. Has Eloy even played a full season yet? Has either made an All Star team? Has either had an all star type season before this year?

This is better than Ozzie Smith to the Cardinals? Lou Brock to the Cardinals? Clemens to the Yankees? Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees? Smoltz to the Braves? Bagwell to the Astros? Babe Ruth to the Yankees?

Even if Cease continues to pitch like this, he will make a nice piece of the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers rotation in a couple years. Sox don’t pay pitchers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:20 am 

Brick wrote:
It does amuse me when people mention that Eloy gets injured a lot in reference to the trade. He's still playing more games for the Sox than Quintana is for the Cubs.

And yet no one said it wasnt a great trade for the Sox.

Do you see Eloy as a future HOFer?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Last year the Subdivision was putting Robert in the HOF :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=126230

Guess what idiot said this...

Quote:
This guy is incredible. If he stays healthy he has a legit shot to be a Hall of Famer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 am 

juschill wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Holy crap. Has Eloy even played a full season yet? Has either made an All Star team? Has either had an all star type season before this year?

This is better than Ozzie Smith to the Cardinals? Lou Brock to the Cardinals? Clemens to the Yankees? Alex Rodriguez to the Yankees? Smoltz to the Braves? Bagwell to the Astros? Babe Ruth to the Yankees?

Even if Cease continues to pitch like this, he will make a nice piece of the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers rotation in a couple years. Sox don’t pay pitchers.

Forgot about Tatis Jr for Shields. Surely that must have worked out better for the Padres than this trade has worked for the Sox.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:
This guy is incredible. If he stays healthy he has a legit shot to be a Hall of Famer

Bob, you want the Sox to make the playoffs. You should hope Robert stays healthy, you fucking imbecile.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Robert has been "meh" when healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

You have been less than meh when breathing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:02 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Last year the Subdivision was putting Robert in the HOF :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtop ... 3&t=126230

Guess what idiot said this...

Quote:

Yeah, that thread did not age well at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:10 am 

juschill wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Holy crap. Has Eloy even played a full season yet? Has either made an All Star team? Has either had an all star type season before this year?.

.296/.332/.559 in 20 do it for you?

31 HR as a rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
good dolphin wrote:
juschill wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Holy crap. Has Eloy even played a full season yet? Has either made an All Star team? Has either had an all star type season before this year?.

31 HR as a rookie

He is Carlos Quienton.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:28 am 

good dolphin wrote:
juschill wrote:
Beardown wrote:

31 HR as a rookie

Derrrr, was 20 a full season? So no, it doesn’t do it for me. Also rookie season only played 122 games.

Also you pulled the question out of the context when the post was in the context of this being the best trade in the 120 year history of MLB.

Let me know when he makes it a full season. Then maybe you can think about best trade in franchise history.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:30 am 

Cashman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
juschill wrote:
Beardown wrote:

31 HR as a rookie

He is Carlos Quienton.

That seems accurate at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:44 am 
100000 CLUB

juschill wrote:
Also you pulled the question out of the context when the post was in the context of this being the best trade in the 120 year history of MLB.

Only the OP called it one of the best in MLB history.

When you look at loser Quintana getting off the Sox roster and them adding Eloy and Cease to their organeyezation, its definitely one of the best Sox trades in history.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:49 am 

Brick wrote:

The trade was made for two different purposes. White Sox to build for the future and the Cubs to win short term. I would hope your future prospects would play longer then your veteran difference maker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:

Only the OP called it one of the best in MLB history.

When you look at loser Quintana getting off the Sox roster and them adding Eloy and Cease to their organeyezation, its definitely one of the best Sox trades in history.

You can not say it is the best trade in Sox history if those trades did not lead to a World Series or even multiple division titles. Konerko is the greatest trade in Sox history. F. Garcia, Podsednik J.Contrares all more significant in respect to winning. Fun is winning and winning is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Juiced wrote:
You can not say it is the best trade in Sox history
I didn't say it was, professor.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

And by your dumbfuck, Cubs stank logic, Geoff Blum is a better trade.

Jump off a bridge.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Jump off a bridge.

Hopkins/Harvard Study wrote:
Best trade in White Sox history, data shows

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Jump off a bridge.

Thoughts and prayers for you Frank. What a sad life you must live to be so angry all the time.

and yes if G.Blum helped you win the World Series then it was a better trade. :lol: Stupid Sox fans. What has Cease and Elloy brought to the franchise? You can't even win in the weakest division in baseball with the weakest second half schedule in baseball. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:55 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:

The trade was made for two different purposes. White Sox to build for the future and the Cubs to win short term. I would hope your future prospects would play longer then your veteran difference maker.

Quintana is still playing. It's not like he retired. :lol:

However, the major point is that even with the injuries, Eloy is a FAR SUPERIOR choice than having kept Quintana and it doesn't hurt the trade that he is injured it just means they benefitted from the trade less than if he never got hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Juiced wrote:
What has Cease and Elloy brought to the franchise?
:lol: Playoffs in 2020 and A division title in 2021. :lol: :lol:

:lol: Or have Cubs fans pivoted and multi years of playoffs doesn't matter so you only count World Series appearances/titles? :lol: :lol:

:lol: Good to see Cubs fans posting about baseball in late September though! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:34 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
What has Cease and Elloy brought to the franchise?
:lol: Playoffs in 2020 and A division title in 2021. :lol: :lol:

:lol: Or have Cubs fans pivoted and multi years of playoffs doesn't matter so you only count World Series appearances/titles? :lol: :lol:

:lol: Good to see Cubs fans posting about baseball in late September though! :lol: :lol:

2020 was a wild card team that got rocked out of the playoffs in the first round.
2021 they won in the worse division in baseball and got swept out of the first round again.

2022 another failure with the easiest schedule in baseball :lol:

This team has been a complete failure. Cease is having a nice year and yes the White Sox won the trade if that makes you feel better, but it doesn't mean shit if they don't win in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

So you've pivoted. I guess 2015, 2017, and 2018 means shit then.

Cubs stank. Go jump off a bridge.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.