It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:39 pm 

Juiced wrote:
yes the White Sox won the trade
This would seem to be the end of your arguments in here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:43 pm 

Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:
It does amuse me when people mention that Eloy gets injured a lot in reference to the trade. He's still playing more games for the Sox than Quintana is for the Cubs.

The trade was made for two different purposes. White Sox to build for the future and the Cubs to win short term. I would hope your future prospects would play longer then your veteran difference maker.

Quintana is still playing. It's not like he retired. :lol:

However, the major point is that even with the injuries, Eloy is a FAR SUPERIOR choice than having kept Quintana and it doesn't hurt the trade that he is injured it just means they benefitted from the trade less than if he never got hurt.

Quintana is a complete failure sure. He is no longer a Cub and no longer on the payroll. Cubs moved on and took the L on the trade. Eloy getting hurt and his salary is negatively effecting his team. Who did they not sign in FA that would have filled his spot? Maybe they sign the left handed power hitter they need that can actually play some defense in left field.

White Sox fans can stroke their ego by saying we won the trade FAR SUPERIOR! Q sucked! A has nothing to do with B except for bragging rights.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:44 pm 

Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
yes the White Sox won the trade
This would seem to be the end of your arguments in here.

My argument was that this was not one of the best trades in White Sox history. Could be in the future , but it is not currently even close.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:51 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:
Also you pulled the question out of the context when the post was in the context of this being the best trade in the 120 year history of MLB.

Only the OP called it one of the best in MLB history.

When you look at loser Quintana getting off the Sox roster and them adding Eloy and Cease to their organeyezation, its definitely one of the best Sox trades in history.

I don’t think anybody argues the Sox won the trade, but let’s let Jimenez play 140 games once in his life and let Cease have two good seasons before it’s the best trade in club history.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:51 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:
Also you pulled the question out of the context when the post was in the context of this being the best trade in the 120 year history of MLB.

Only the OP called it one of the best in MLB history.

When you look at loser Quintana getting off the Sox roster and them adding Eloy and Cease to their organeyezation, its definitely one of the best Sox trades in history.

You can not say it is the best trade in Sox history if those trades did not lead to a World Series or even multiple division titles. Konerko is the greatest trade in Sox history. F. Garcia, Podsednik J.Contrares all more significant in respect to winning. Fun is winning and winning is fun.

This is accurate.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Juiced wrote:
Eloy getting hurt and his salary is negatively effecting his team.

Year Age Tm Salary SrvTm Sources Notes/Other Sources
2019 22 Chicago White Sox $1,833,333 0.000 contract
2020 23 Chicago White Sox $2,333,333 1.000 contract
2021 24 Chicago White Sox $4,333,334 2.000 contract
2022 25 Chicago White Sox $7,333,333 3.000

Even for JERRY, $7.3million is peanuts. Go jump off a bridge.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:05 pm 

Brick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:
It does amuse me when people mention that Eloy gets injured a lot in reference to the trade. He's still playing more games for the Sox than Quintana is for the Cubs.

The trade was made for two different purposes. White Sox to build for the future and the Cubs to win short term. I would hope your future prospects would play longer then your veteran difference maker.

Quintana is still playing. It's not like he retired. :lol:

However, the major point is that even with the injuries, Eloy is a FAR SUPERIOR choice than having kept Quintana and it doesn't hurt the trade that he is injured it just means they benefitted from the trade less than if he never got hurt.

To stay on point, the OP said this was one of the best trades in the 120 year history of MLB. A replacement level pitcher for a couple guys who have never been all stars but have had a couple nice seasons.

I don’t think anybody says the Sox lost that trade. It’s just that at this point it’s an immaterial trade, not one that goes down in Sox lore told to future generations.

I suspect Jimenez gets traded soon since they have a good contract for him. Cease will sign with one of the big spenders.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:07 pm 

You guys seem pretty worked up about the difference between "a great trade" and "one of the greatest trades of all time" but I'll allow it.

At this point it is only a great trade.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

juschill wrote:
A replacement level pitcher for a couple guys who have never been all stars but have had a couple nice seasons.
Oh, they have to make an All Star game to be worth it. In that case, I'm glad you think Bryan LaHair and Jay Clam were better players than Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease are.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:24 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:
A replacement level pitcher for a couple guys who have never been all stars but have had a couple nice seasons.
Oh, they have to make an All Star game to be worth it. In that case, I'm glad you think Bryan LaHair and Jay Clam were better players than Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease are.

To be worth being called one of the best trades in MLB history you illiterate moron.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:30 pm 

juschill wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:

To be worth being called one of the best trades in MLB history you illiterate moron.

:lol: Give it up juschill. These two buffoons will make you want to "jump off a bridge" with their pettiness. It's like arguing with your ex.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:32 pm 

Brick wrote:
You guys seem pretty worked up about the difference between "a great trade" and "one of the greatest trades of all time" but I'll allow it.

It is an insignificant trade in regards to all the trades in White Sox history. Konerko, Contreras, Pods FAR SUPERIOR!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Juiced wrote:
juschill wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:

:lol: Give it up juschill. These two buffoons will make you want to "jump off a bridge" with their pettiness. It's like arguing with your ex.
And yet, here you are :D

This trade is definitely one of the better trades in Sox history, and chill has agreed as much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:

It is an insignificant trade in regards to all the trades in White Sox history. Konerko, Contreras, Pods FAR SUPERIOR!
You seem to be arguing with yourself here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:38 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
juschill wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:

This trade is definitely one of the better trades in Sox history, and chill has agreed as much.

At this point it’s on the level of the Baines trade for Sosa/Alvarez.

It’s not up there with the Konerko trade, the Cruz/Bernazard trade, or the Podsednik trade yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I said when the deal was made, that I hated the deal more because Cease was in the deal. I saw him as a top of the rotation guy. Jimenez is a great bat, but back then, there was no DH in the NL and he was a poor outfielder. At the time, the Cubs had a glut of outfielders, so had the deal been just Quintana for Jimenez, I would have been fine with it, even though I saw Quintana as nothing more than a #3 starter. Terrible deal by Theo to include Cease.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
juschill wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
juschill wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:

At this point it’s on the level of the Baines trade for Sosa/Alvarez.

It’s not up there with the Konerko trade, the Cruz/Bernazard trade, or the Podsednik trade yet.

The Podesdnik trade was terrible. It worked out and they won a World Series, but trading Carlos Lee for Scott Podesednik wasn't a good deal for the White Sox.

Podsednik is a career 88 OPS+ guy while Lee is 113.

Even Podesednik's impact on 2005 is overrated. He got caught stealing nearly 30% of the time. He only scored 80 runs and he drove in only 25. 25!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Pods had a great first half for the 2005 Sox. They don't get out to the giant division lead without him at the top of the lineup every game. He got hurt after the AS game and was rarely the same player after.

You have to look at that deal in context. It may not have been the best trade when you look at the stats between Lee, Pods, and Vizcaino, but at the time the Sox hadn't won anything with Valintin, Lee, Mags, etc, so it was fine to go in a new direction.

Also, El Caballo never hit a HR in the World Series 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: What??
As far as I was concerned, Pods was the MVP in the 2005 playoff run.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I said when the deal was made, that I hated the deal more because Cease was in the deal. I saw him as a top of the rotation guy. Jimenez is a great bat, but back then, there was no DH in the NL and he was a poor outfielder. At the time, the Cubs had a glut of outfielders, so had the deal been just Quintana for Jimenez, I would have been fine with it, even though I saw Quintana as nothing more than a #3 starter. Terrible deal by Theo to include Cease.

How could you of seen him as a top of the rotation starter when everyone else say him as a 2 pitch pitcher debating if he was a bullpen guy? He made the step in the right direction in the Sox system.

Site Admin

Nardi wrote:

He'd be right behind Willie Harris if I were ranking them.

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nardi wrote:

Without that guy, they don't make the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Yeah, this is a rough take JORR.
Of course you cannot compare Pods v #45 individually. It's not even close, #45 had a far superior career.

Still...the White Sox do not win the 2005 World Series without Scott Podsednik. It doesn't fucking happen.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:03 am 
Site Admin

BigW72 wrote:
Yeah, this is a rough take JORR.
Of course you cannot compare Pods v #45 individually. It's not even close, #45 had a far superior career.

Still...the White Sox do not win the 2005 World Series without Scott Podsednik. It doesn't fucking happen.

I get that that's the conventional wisdom. But I'm pretty confident a lot of guys could have scored 80 runs and driven in 25 batting leadoff on that team. The numbers just don't bear out the "greatness" of his 2005 season.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Pods had a great first half for the 2005 Sox. They don't get out to the giant division lead without him at the top of the lineup every game. He got hurt after the AS game and was rarely the same player after.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The numbers just don't bear out the "greatness" of his 2005 season.
You and Seacrest should take me off ignore if you want to learning something on a daily fucking basis.

2005 1st half / 74 games
.294 avg
.369 OBP
44 SB, 9 CS 79.5% success rate
50 R

14 of his 23 CS in 2005 came after the AS Break/DL stint.

It hurts being this good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:17 am 
Site Admin

The 2005 White Sox hit 200 home runs. Scott Podsednik hit zero. The offense was NOT reliant upon his negative stolen base percentage.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The 2005 White Sox hit 200 home runs. Scott Podsednik hit zero. The offense was NOT reliant upon his negative stolen base percentage.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The 2004 White Sox hit 242 home runs. Carlos Lee hit 31 of them.
The 2003 White Sox hit 220 home runs. Carlos Lee hit 31 of them.

Carlos Lee hit zero post season home runs. Those years. In fact, Carlos Lee hit zero post season runs during his entire MLB career.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:33 am 
Site Admin

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That was one that counted. But I put it in the same category as Pablo Ozuna stealing home and Willie Harris scoring the game winner. Pods is the most overrated player in White Sox history. I stand by that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That was one that counted. But I put it in the same category as Pablo Ozuna stealing home and Willie Harris scoring the game winner. Pods is the most overrated player in White Sox history. I stand by that.

Could I offer you some bacon?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next