It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Cubs fans :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least the Sox are rested for these last few games! I'm sure jogging out all those routine ground balls and pop ups will pay off now.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I've always liked Abreu, but you can't have a 1st base/DH that only hits singles...you're gonna have guys out of position elsewhere if you stay locked into him there

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:43 am 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
I've always liked Abreu, but you can't have a 1st base/DH that only hits singles...you're gonna have guys out of position elsewhere if you stay locked into him there

I don't understand his loss of power. Usually those type of guys sacrifice average for power as they age. He's doing the opposite. He's hobbled though as it is painful to watch him run but unlike all the young guys, he's still a gamer.

It would be shitty if he was the player we lost because of all of this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
badrogue17 wrote:

The Sox SHOULD have won division by 20 games. This team is garbage.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

At least Rogue gets his jollies this week. Good for him. Somebody is pathetic as he is needs a laugh now and then.

Also, GTFO.
Frank Coztansa, on May 29th, wrote:
84 wins, and that might even be too optimistic. Maybe that's good enough to grab a wild card, but they certainly won't be playing past the wild card/division round.

The bar for 2022 success is set at winning the Pennant. This team will fall woefully short of that. Please, blow my mind and prove me wrong. I just don't see anything better than 2nd place and barely slightly above .500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:25 am 

good dolphin wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

I don't understand his loss of power. Usually those type of guys sacrifice average for power as they age. He's doing the opposite. He's hobbled though as it is painful to watch him run but unlike all the young guys, he's still a gamer.

I agree. Make a list of of all DH/1B that the Sox have (it's a substantial list...), and tell me which one you would want in the batter's box, with the game on the line, instead of Abreu. Maybe say a healthy Eloy, maybe. Also, he might not be a gold glover, but Abreu is the best defensive option at 1B too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Eloy might be a better glove than Vaughn in LF too.

Still need RF. Still need 2B. Still need a starter, but we'll get Crochet. Still need bullpen help.
This roster is very flawed. This really sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:20 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Still need RF. Still need 2B. Still need a starter, but we'll get Crochet. Still need bullpen help.

and then there's Catcher :lol:

There's a serious problem with this team defensively as constructed. They're fucking awaful.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:47 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
bUt cUbS fAnS dOnT cArE aBoUt tHe sOx !!
:D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:53 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
bUt cUbS fAnS dOnT cArE aBoUt tHe sOx !!
:D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Juiced wrote:

Enjoy your impending 0-3 Juiced.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

He's the one guy I don't hate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

You should. He's an awful defender and another guy that mailed it in 3 months ago. On Moncada's shitty throw in the first game, this guy couldn't be bothered to even try and scoop it out and save the out. Two lazy latins that could give less fucks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

You should. He's an awful defender and another guy that mailed it in 3 months ago. On Moncada's shitty throw in the first game, this guy couldn't be bothered to even try and scoop it out and save the out. Two lazy latins that could give less fucks.

Caller's Bob's Bevy of Bad Thoughts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
another guy that mailed it in 3 months ago.
Hitting .313 with two errors since the ASB. Hit .344 in June.

Fucking imbecile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Caller's Bob's Bevy of Bad Thoughts

Defense is part of the game too unless he wants to become a full time DH but you already have a bunch of those.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:02 pm 

SABR Defensive Index for 1B has Abreu #5 in AL, #10 in MLB.

Not the best, top 1/3. To call him awful is just trolling and/or dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:23 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think Colas has shown enough that he has to be in RF no later than May. He's played 2/3 of his games in CF so he'll be a + defender in RF with an arm reported to be + for the position as well. He hits lefthanded as well. They will be looking for all the attributes he has from a player they would look at on the open market. It's difficult just giving the position to a rookie but he really has had an impressive season on 3 levels and the age of 24.

2B is where I'd try to spend, but what left handed or switch hitter is available?

Catcher, you are stuck with what you have. Grandal has been good 2 of 3 seasons. Give him time off and maybe the legs feel better. I cannot believe he fell off a cliff that badly. I'd like to see a great defensive backup, the kind that people don't steal on and who can control the pitchers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

casual fan wrote:
To call him awful is just dumb.

Caller Bob wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think Colas has shown enough that he has to be in RF no later than May. He's played 2/3 of his games in CF so he'll be a + defender in RF with an arm reported to be + for the position as well. He hits lefthanded as well. They will be looking for all the attributes he has from a player they would look at on the open market. It's difficult just giving the position to a rookie but he really has had an impressive season on 3 levels and the age of 24.

2B is where I'd try to spend, but what left handed or switch hitter is available?

Catcher, you are stuck with what you have. Grandal has been good 2 of 3 seasons. Give him time off and maybe the legs feel better. I cannot believe he fell off a cliff that badly. I'd like to see a great defensive backup, the kind that people don't steal on and who can control the pitchers.

He got SO LUCKY last year looking for walks. It caught up to him. He's cooked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yes, he's beyond well done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:11 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Only one year left of Grandal. Trade Him. Eat as much as you have to. He is defensively a liability back there....there is zero reason to keep him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
good dolphin wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

You're right. It would be shitty. I frankly do not know what the resolution should be. But they basically have Abreu, Shields, Vaughn, Jimenez who cannot play any position other than 1B and, of course, DH. They need to trade or in Abreu's case let him go two of those guys and bring in a left handed hitting two way outfielder and a left handed hitting 2nd baseman with power. I also would consider trading Robert in the off season as well as Anderson. I am talking about very good all star caliber talent being brought back in return. They cannot win with the present defensive slugs that they have and a right handed only bunch of single purpose players.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think he's a guy who has been extremely affected by the deadening of the ball. With the old ball pitchers were afraid to give him anything to hit for fear of having it land on the concourse. Now they can pitch to him with impunity and if they miss their spot slightly the consequence is usually a long flyout. But maybe he's been playing hurt all year and we don't know about it. In any case, I think he's a bad clubhouse guy and I have that from a good source. He can't catch and if he isn't throwing up giant offensive numbers he's a big negative.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

I got $50 that says Grandal will be on the opening day roster next year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

That doesn't mean he should be. He might be their worst FA signing in history. At least Dunn slugged HRs and made an All Star team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next