It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:41 pm 

Parkins and the gang have been discussing this. They believe that Hahn is completely against Ozzie being hired and that JR is kinda neutral in all of it. He is not pro Ozzie and he is not anti Ozzie. Surely it wouldn't be Kenny that is pushing to hire Ozzie? It definitely seems that someone is trying to push in that direction

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
It definitely seems that someone is trying to push in that direction
Its not the majority of the fans. I don't really care either way if Ozzie returns or not. But MANY fans don't want him at all.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Put me in the group that doesn’t want Ozzie.

I don’t understand why he’d even be considered at this point.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:58 pm 

Whitey Herzog next manager of the White Sox. Source witnessed Whitey and Jerry talking during Scrabble.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I don’t understand why he’d even be considered at this point.
Probably because he's the opposite of what TLR did last season. Ozzie certainly wouldn't be falling asleep in the dugout, or batting Vaughn 7th.

The time to bring in Ozzie was last year in June. Sox make the playoffs if that had happened. Whether they would still be playing or not I have no idea but Ozzie definitely would have given the 2022 club the extra 5-7 wins needed to make the playoffs IMO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
Parkins and the gang have been discussing this. They believe that Hahn is completely against Ozzie being hired and that JR is kinda neutral in all of it. He is not pro Ozzie and he is not anti Ozzie. Surely it wouldn't be Kenny that is pushing to hire Ozzie? It definitely seems that someone is trying to push in that direction

If the story is even true I think it would have to be Hahn pushing for Ozzie and Kenny and Jerry against it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:27 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If the story is even true I think it would have to be Hahn pushing for Ozzie and Kenny and Jerry against it.

Idk. The one thing that seemed set on was that Hahn was not in favor of Ozzie. But who knows.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Idk. The one thing that seemed set on was that Hahn was not in favor of Ozzie. But who knows.

It's Kenny and JR who had the personality clash. Why would Hahn be dead set against it? He's the guy who demands managerial experience.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I think the reason Ozzie left is because he lost a power struggle to Kenny.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:49 pm 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Ozzie fired himself with his bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Uncle Jerry wouldn't hire Ozzie against the wishes of his black son. The media's Friends of Ozzie are pushing him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Because he was arguing with KW for three straight years

KW is the bad guy here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:01 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

KW is the bad guy here.
You don't blow off steam publicly and/or have your kid do it. Ozzie knew he'd get another job almost instantly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Uncle Jerry wouldn't hire Ozzie against the wishes of his black son. The media's Friends of Ozzie are pushing him.

Probably true.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

KW is the bad guy here.

There's plenty of blame to go around. Don't forget how Ozzie quit on the team. Also, Drake LaRoche is a joke but we're supposed to take the Guillen brats seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Ozzie needs to be the hire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:05 pm 

What is it people actually like about Ozzie? I don’t remember him as particularly good at anything, to the extent managing matters.

He just liked to talk about himself because he’s an asshole and a narcissist. That was typically mistook as him taking heat off the team or some nonsense. Then he’d send one of his failsons out there to bitch & complain.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:09 pm 

What is it people actually like about Ozzie? I don’t remember him as particularly good at anything, to the extent managing matters.

He just liked to talk about himself because he’s an asshole and a narcissist. That was typically mistook as him taking heat off the team or some nonsense. Then he’d send one of his failsons out there to bitch & complain.

He is baseball Ditka.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:23 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th

I always thought that "taking heat off the team" thing was bullshit as well. He loves having people hanging on his every word. In 2020's America, how long does he go before he says something that outrages everyone and creates a total shit show?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

conns7901 wrote:

He is baseball Ditka.

Agree. But that may be exactly what this team full of moribund losers needs right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos

I agree with that. Ozzie just loves himself and hear himself talk The problem is that he doesn't talk very well and he does it too much.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

He is baseball Ditka.

Agree. But that may be exactly what this team full of moribund losers needs right now.

They should have hired Bochey when they had the chance. Probably would have cost too much for Reinny's taste though.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I would say if Ozzie was hired we would have his best effort to Red Foreman this collection of underachievers. Maybe it won't work, but I believe he's sincere in that he really thinks he could make a difference.

There are much worse hires than Ozzie. I'm ok if it happens, but I struggle with JR allowing it. All of the negatives stated about him loving attention and using his kids to cry stupid are entirely accurate. He really was an idiot the last 2 seasons. I think he's hungry to get back in....that alone is intriguing.

and yes....his media friends are lobbying for him hard. It's pretty obvious. I could see JR hiring someone else as a retaliation for the lobbying.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ozzie has been humbled. He knew he could quickly get another job. There are no more managerial jobs if he fucks up again.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
Ozzie has been humbled. He knew he could quickly get another job. There are no more managerial jobs if he fucks up again.

Agreed. He also knows the White Sox are his only chance of managing again.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:46 am 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
He is baseball Ditka.
I don't think that's fair. IMO, Ozzie got the most he could out of those teams. A WS title, 90 wins, division title in a 4 year stretch. After 2008/2009, the Sox roster wasn't good enough to win.

Ditka should have made one more Super Bowl at least. If somebody were to argue he should have made two more and gone 1-1 at worst, I wouldn't argue against it.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:51 am 

Nas wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:01 pm 

Nas wrote:

In that he will do his job and not go into Diva mode. I could be wrong though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:08 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

In that he will do his job and not go into Diva mode. I could be wrong though.

He could barely get through a postgame show without talking about himself. I’m not sure why that ego would deflate if you gave him a clubhouse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next