It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: White Sox Off-Season
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
As I said I have seen tables all over the place in the lots. The only time I saw anybody get shit for it was when they were in the middle of the lanes blocking the aisles playing beer pong. JOrr doesn't tailgate so he doesn't know what the fuck is his talking about and fell for a headline just like Caller Bob.

I doubt they will enforce the no table rule either. But even if they did, there are about two dozen other things JERRY does both on the field and off to dick over the fans that are worse. This is really a nothingburger and for somebody who doesn't even participate in tailgating to get so incredulous about it is pathetic.

If people willingly choose to pay extra for a one hundred square foot spot and early access, more power to 'em.

I looked up the 2022 "DON'TS". No mention of tables or tents. The point is, this is how he rolls. He's a don't guy.

Don't worry about Simple Frank. He'll just sit down on the hot asphalt with a hot dog and a beer. Jerry has him covered.

To be fair, this type of thing isn't anything new. It's a legit question why THIS is the tipping point for you? JR has zero loyalty to the customer base and it's been like that from day one with ONtv. Cubbie Wubbie Fuzzy Wuzzy Nation didn't take over Chicagoland by accident.

It's not the tipping point. The tipping point was tanking for five years with the unfulfilled promise, i.e. lie, that when the time came they would try to compete. The other stuff is just insult to injury.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Better him than you or I, Nardi.

Anyway, Leury gone is addition by subtraction. Colas seems to be the real deal. Of course he will struggle at times but I would rather him struggle thru the season than watchin Leury flail about in RF.

Quote:
“Our backup shortstop plays second base for us every day,” Grifol said. “So, it’s not really a pressing need to have a utility player on our bench that is a shortstop. We are not pressed to do that. Would it be of value? Yeah, maybe. Not of great value, but of some value.“
Hard not to argue.

I'm good with Hanser Alberto as the backup IF, and Santos pitched his way onto the club. As stated I don't expect this team to be much better than the 81-81 they were last year, but I would love to eat crow in October.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The lunacy is Jorr falling for a headline or a tweet hook, line, and sinker, then doubling down on it instead of refusing to say, "My bad, I read it wrong." He started a thread which is now 15 pages or whatever about MISINFORMATION, yet he posts exactly this on a daily basis here.

You're not wrong in the context of the White Sox. My point what that Jorr's initial post on tailgating matter was flat out not true. Either he doesn't have the intelligence or integrity to admit his errors at this point.

It is true, dumbass. This is the first year they DON'Ted tables and tents so they could sell that instead.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
They took away tailgating
Please show where the Sox no longer allow tailgating.

Or admit you're full of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Some asshole off-duty cop who is working for whatever politically connected security firm the Sox use will tell you to take it down or put it away.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
An underlooked key is the catching position. Say the right decisions are made, example being Eloy as full time DH, Timmay taking SS seriously, and injuries are limited, that position has to be viable for any shot at actually being good. Call a proper game, catch the ball, maybe even swing the bat. If that doesn't happen early, go to Seby and don't think twice about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Agree 100%. Grandal gets 100, maybe 150 at bats to get going. If he isn't a premium offensive player by that point, DFA him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Full. Of. Shit.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/ballpark/i ... #t-content
Quote:
Tailgating is permitted in parking lots (Please note: tents and table set ups will not be permitted in Lots D or E unless they are in the reserved tailgating area in Lot E).
Want a table that bad, you whiny baby? Tailgate in Lot A, B, C, or G.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
As I said I have seen tables all over the place in the lots. The only time I saw anybody get shit for it was when they were in the middle of the lanes blocking the aisles playing beer pong. JOrr doesn't tailgate so he doesn't know what the fuck is his talking about and fell for a headline just like Caller Bob.

I doubt they will enforce the no table rule either. But even if they did, there are about two dozen other things JERRY does both on the field and off to dick over the fans that are worse. This is really a nothingburger and for somebody who doesn't even participate in tailgating to get so incredulous about it is pathetic.

If people willingly choose to pay extra for a one hundred square foot spot and early access, more power to 'em.

I looked up the 2022 "DON'TS". No mention of tables or tents. The point is, this is how he rolls. He's a don't guy.

Don't worry about Simple Frank. He'll just sit down on the hot asphalt with a hot dog and a beer. Jerry has him covered.

To be fair, this type of thing isn't anything new. It's a legit question why THIS is the tipping point for you? JR has zero loyalty to the customer base and it's been like that from day one with ONtv. Cubbie Wubbie Fuzzy Wuzzy Nation didn't take over Chicagoland by accident.

It's not the tipping point. The tipping point was tanking for five years with the unfulfilled promise, i.e. lie, that when the time came they would try to compete. The other stuff is just insult to injury.

Yep. They started something without having a destination that makes any sense. They lacked the guts to makeover a DH laden type team into a team hat could play two way baseball. No major league capable right fielder, no top notch caliber 2nd baseman, no good 3rd baseman, no left handed ace pitcher. And they never gave enough chance to some of their better draft picks like Burger. The last two years have been a waste of time and some good pitching.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The lunacy is Jorr falling for a headline or a tweet hook, line, and sinker, then doubling down on it instead of refusing to say, "My bad, I read it wrong." He started a thread which is now 15 pages or whatever about MISINFORMATION, yet he posts exactly this on a daily basis here.

You're not wrong in the context of the White Sox. My point what that Jorr's initial post on tailgating matter was flat out not true. Either he doesn't have the intelligence or integrity to admit his errors at this point.

It is true, dumbass. This is the first year they DON'Ted tables and tents so they could sell that instead.

It's not going to a guy who parks a mile away to save some cash on parking. He doesn't tailgate anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:37 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Full. Of. Shit.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/ballpark/i ... #t-content
Quote:
Tailgating is permitted in parking lots (Please note: tents and table set ups will not be permitted in Lots D or E unless they are in the reserved tailgating area in Lot E).
Want a table that bad, you whiny baby? Tailgate in Lot A, B, C, or G.

We seem to have the Don'ts page duking it out with the FAQ page. And the way it's written, it looks like they inserted the "Lots D & E", therefore making it a terribly constructed sentence.
Quote:
Please note: tents and table set ups will not be permitted unless they are in the reserved tailgating area located in Lot E.
https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/ballpark/information/tailgating

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

BUt they took away tailgating !!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:04 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It's not going to a guy who parks a mile away to save some cash on parking. He doesn't tailgate anyway.

If I'm paying I'm parking across the street from CPD. I hope Frank is right about the tailgating and Jerry isn't that petty and short sighted.

As I sit here watching the Sox beating the cubbies now with a kid in LF I know from the ACE teams. He may be the tenth plus active kid from either my son's little league or ACE I have personally watched for years.

So I'm good!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Of course I'm right. I generally am.

Does anyone actually think JERRY is going to ban tailgating on lots that he doesn't have to pay for or maintain and lose the $27 parking fee times a couple thousand cars (Cue imbecile Bob or Juiced making an attendance joke) each home game because a handful of those people that tailgate will spend very little in the park? He's an asshole, but he ain't stupid.

Now watch JOrr come back here with insults flying and throwing more shit at all the wall rather than simply admit what he originally posted was wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:35 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Of course I'm right. I generally am.

Does anyone actually think JERRY is going to ban tailgating on lots that he doesn't have to pay for or maintain and lose the $27 parking fee times a couple thousand cars (Cue imbecile Bob or Juiced making an attendance joke) each home game because a handful of those people that tailgate will spend very little in the park? He's an asshole, but he ain't stupid.

Now watch JOrr come back here with insults flying and throwing more shit at all the wall rather than simply admit what he originally posted was wrong.

"Tents and table set ups will not be permitted in Lots D or E unless they are in the reserved tailgating area in Lot E." I think when I go, I'll park in D and take my tent and table over to E. Then I'll take my parking spot in lot D over to E. Then I'm all set, right?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:
"Tents and table set ups will not be permitted in Lots D or E unless they are in the reserved tailgating area in Lot E." I think when I go, I'll park in D and take my tent and table over to E. Then I'll take my parking spot in lot D over to E. Then I'm all set, right?

If you can still tailgate in A,B, and C then it's all good

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:53 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:

uhh...yeah Seacrest. Thanks for checking in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:

uhh...yeah Seacrest. Thanks for checking in.

It' a dick move. Impact to most is null, as I'm sure most do not park in those lots. it's still a dick move.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:52 am 
100000 CLUB

You can tailgate in any lot, Seacrest. Jorr was wrong. Evidently you can no longer set up tables in lot D or E, which generally have very little tailgating anyway as D & E are the season ticket holder/scout seat/ media lots directly west of the 1st base side of the park. In all the games I have gone to, I have never once parked in either of those lots.

Given how the Sox comport themselves to their fans, I'm not even sure this qualifies as a dick move. There are 50, maybe 100 other things that are worse. We'll see what happens on Monday at the home opener. I'm sure WhiteSox Twitter be on fire if security is forcing people to take down tables.

For now, it looks like JOrr just needed something to piss and moan about. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Simple Frank is right. You can "tailgate" by standing around hold a beer. At least for now. If attendance is down Jerry may decide he doesn't want any outside beer on premise.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank is right.
This is all that needed to be said, you curmudgeonly old bastard.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
. If attendance is down Jerry may decide he doesn't want any outside beer on premise.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The park is 23 years old this season. In its history, when has outside beer (other than kegs) not been allowed in the lots? It's just nonsense and you used to be so much smarter than this. For chrissakes is it really this difficult for you to say, "My bad guys. Look like I read the headline wrong," and admit you were incorrect when you're called out on the misinformation you vomit all over the board?

You re-define going off the deep end.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank is right.
This is all that needed to be said, you curmudgeonly old bastard.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
. If attendance is down Jerry may decide he doesn't want any outside beer on premise.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The park is 23 years old this season. In its history, when has outside beer (other than kegs) not been allowed in the lots? It's just nonsense and you used to be so much smarter than this. For chrissakes is it really this difficult for you to say, "My bad guys. Look like I read the headline wrong," and admit you were incorrect when you're called out on the misinformation you vomit all over the board?

You re-define going off the deep end.

I get that you want to defend the Sox as if you're arguing with Caller Bob. But you're just wrong.

Have the tailgate rules been changed this year? Have they started selling "tailgate experiences"?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I get that you want to defend the Sox
Please show where I have defended the Sox over this discourse. You won't be able to because I have in fact bashed them more than once.

And this isn't a question of the defending the Sox or them being right or wrong. Its about YOU being wrong with what you initially said. As evidenced by your backtracking with asking irrelevant questions below;
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Have the tailgate rules been changed this year? Have they started selling "tailgate experiences"?
Have the White Sox "taken away tailgating"?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Agree 100%. Grandal gets 100, maybe 150 at bats to get going. If he isn't a premium offensive player by that point, DFA him.

Grandal is maybe the worst physical specimen in baseball. He gone.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:41 am 

I'm going to enjoy Clevinger pitching well and millenial sox fans/score employees melting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I'm going to enjoy Clevinger pitching well and millenial sox fans/score employees melting

We're going to find out a lot things early, probably. I, more than anything, want to see if they play baseball, rather than whatever it is we've been watching since Robin Ventura.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:03 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

We're going to find out a lot things early, probably. I, more than anything, want to see if they play baseball, rather than whatever it is we've been watching since Robin Ventura.

They're gonna have to play close to .700 baseball over the first twenty games to get me interested.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: You seem to be more than interested in what takes place in the parking lots you never use.

Fully in a "prove it" mode with the White Sox. I don't expect them to be much better than the 81-81 they were last season, but I'm definitely not rooting against them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

They're gonna have to play close to .700 baseball over the first twenty games to get me interested.

I want to see effort, baserunning, defense, and a manager awake who knows the rules and the capabilities of his play

Last edited by Nardi on Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next