I can do with the grabass.

Hello

Post subject: Re: Benetti & Stone
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
He’s fine as a college announcer. Competent and professional but let’s not start throwing out words like ‘good.’
Well, he's not doing SEC games on Saturday night so he's good for the level of games that he calls.

He has a rich voice and is perfectly fine narrating some MACtion as long as you’re not interested in the words he’s saying.

He talks too damned much and is silly. HE wastes the knowledge that Stone has as a baseball analyst. If I wanted preschool kids reporting on the White Sox, I'd bring my 5 year twin grandkids down here for the summer.

I can't remember a time when I hated the upcoming baseball season as much as I do with this team. And to listen to Benetti try to sugar coat the horrible team that the Sox have put together and somehow justify it would be abject TORTURE to me.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
He’s fine as a college announcer. Competent and professional but let’s not start throwing out words like ‘good.’
Well, he's not doing SEC games on Saturday night so he's good for the level of games that he calls.

He has a rich voice and is perfectly fine narrating some MACtion as long as you’re not interested in the words he’s saying.

He talks too damned much and is silly. HE wastes the knowledge that Stone has as a baseball analyst. If I wanted preschool kids reporting on the White Sox, I'd bring my 5 year twin grandkids down here for the summer.

I can't remember a time when I hated the upcoming baseball season as much as I do with this team. And to listen to Benetti try to sugar coat the horrible team that the Sox have put together and somehow justify it would be abject TORTURE to me.

I watched last year’s team as closely as I had any Sox team since before I had kids. It was such a miserable experience.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:12 pm 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
If I ever saw Benetti on the street, I'd hit him in the face with a shovel.

I hate him. He annoys the hell out of me trying to be funny.

Yeah and worse, he so devalues what Stone is good at which is playing off the play by play guy with sound baseball knowledge and experience.And don't get me started on the fill-in dorks that they get for Bennetti and Stone. Beckham?? Arggghhhh!!Lenny?? ARGHHHHHHHHH

Its too bad that Ozzie can't speak English. I would love having someone like him to critique how bad the fundamentals are going to be this year for our "heroes" and what a good team and player would do on a particular play. If they wanted TV ratings, maybe give AJ a bushelful of money to mock the exploits of this team and their travails to a last place finish to their season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I suspect part of this is NBCSC wondering if they have any money, and seeing what happens if the Bally/Diamond/ex-Sinclair stations in other cities declare bankruptcy and start cutting contract values.

The future isn't bright unless it's the NFL. Jason doesn't have the cards he thinks he has.
He's pretty good doing college football. He'll always have a job if he wants it.

And I support him seeking employment elsewhere.

Benetti is fine for PBP. I don't hear any chemistry between Benetti and Stone. I'd say I'd be fine with the Sox moving on from both of them, but I fear what they'd give us as a replacement. I guess they're ok for the time being.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Call me old fashioned, but I like consistency. Stone is gone for 30 games, Benneti is gone another 30 games.

Just hire some guys that show up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: sorentos
I'm a huge Stone fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
BigW72 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
I suspect part of this is NBCSC wondering if they have any money, and seeing what happens if the Bally/Diamond/ex-Sinclair stations in other cities declare bankruptcy and start cutting contract values.

The future isn't bright unless it's the NFL. Jason doesn't have the cards he thinks he has.
He's pretty good doing college football. He'll always have a job if he wants it.

Benetti is fine for PBP. I don't hear any chemistry between Benetti and Stone. I'd say I'd be fine with the Sox moving on from both of them, but I fear what they'd give us as a replacement. I guess they're ok for the time being.

I think they have great chemistry and are the best pairing since Harry & Jimmy. I'm glad that they're sticking around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:50 pm 

nickmiles wrote:
I'm a huge Stone fan

Yeah. He has some warts but every announcer does. And he does know a lot about baseball and especially pitching. Bennetti just annoys the shit out of me with his childish banter and stupid questions to whoever the "color" guy is. It is really bad when Beckham is the color guy and he delves in Beckhams hitting "opinions". Its embarrassing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:54 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I think they have great chemistry and are the best pairing since Harry & Jimmy. I'm glad that they're sticking around.

I care less about the "chemistry" with each other. Frankly I doubt if Stone enjoys the lame questions he gets from Jason. But I don't care if he likes him or not. Together, they suck as a team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:45 am 

what annoys me about Benetti is he plays a cool kid ironically being a nerd. Meanwhile, he's really a nerd just being nerdier.

and they play to those dispshits on White Sox Math, many of whom I envision also being texters to Bernstein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:01 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I watched last year’s team as closely as I had any Sox team since before I had kids. It was such a miserable experience.

I started out the same way and stopped watching with the volume turned (edit: off) by June. And moved on shortly thereafter.

Last edited by Regular Reader on Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I can do with the grabass.

Hello

:lol: That was supposed to be "without."

Anyway, I pretty much hate these two guys. Like someone said above, I think they would be better with different partners.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
and they play to those dispshits on White Sox Math, many of whom I envision also being texters to Bernstein

They aren't that. They're creatures of White Sox Twitter which is its own special animal. It's quite strange since it's centered around the 108 guys yet it's also very woke. I suspect the only reason the uptight pronouns broads tolerate Beefloaf's J Mac humor is that they so desperately want to remain part of the clique. I'm guessing if I tried a Brazzers joke that Atwater chick would block me with the quickness.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

They aren't that. They're creatures of White Sox Twitter which is its own special animal. It's quite strange since it's centered around the 108 guys yet it's also very woke. I suspect the only reason the uptight pronouns broads tolerate Beefloaf's J Mac humor is that they so desperately want to remain part of the clique. I'm guessing if I tried a Brazzers joke that Atwater chick would block me with the quickness.

I'm not on Twitter but it sounds eerily similar to what soxtalk has become