It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
When did they schedule Giants batting practice instead of the home opener for the White Sox today. When did Kopech get hired as a BP pitcher? I thought the human gas can, Ruiz, locked up that role? I guess Robert didn't want to see 8 Home runs hit. Maybe he should be fined for taking one away?

Despite all of the bullshit from our loyal broadcasters about the potential of this team, its all bullshit. Reinny is the worst owner in all of baseball. We have about 6 guys on the roster who wouldn't make any other team in baseball. Ruiz couldn't make an American Legion team and Elvis should have left the building two years ago. This really sucks. Tell me again, Stony, about how this team is rich in talent and will score a lot of runs and how great the future is as the White Sox "contend" in the AL central :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Last edited by The Hawk on Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:57 pm 

Another thing. Kopech has lost his fastball and his breaking pitch sucks. Whoever changed him from a no wind-up pitcher was wrong, He has no leverage and pitches like guy who is about 5'10" not 6'5". He needs to be sent down and relearn how to pitch correctly. Hell, maybe he should be made into a closer. It worked with Hendrick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
HawaiiYou wrote:
When front office gives guys jobs for life and no accountability it trickles down the the players.

These guys won’t show up for half the games this year. Maybe more.

It’s been that kind of culture w this organization for a while.

Like that bum Quintana. And now Moncada.

Need an outsider to kick asses that’s outside of this bureaucratic white Sox culture. Like Elvis Andrus last year.

There fuckers need Someone to kick them in the ass daily. They don’t have that person on the roster or management. What a waste of fucking talent.

Just 5 yrs ago the wsox had the #1 farm system. It should have been flourishing by now in the big Leueges. Nope. They’re just wasting it away.

Shut the fuck up

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
The Hawk wrote:
Another thing. Kopech has lost his fastball and his breaking pitch sucks. Whoever changed him from a no wind-up pitcher was wrong, He has no leverage and pitches like guy who is about 5'10" not 6'5". He needs to be sent down and relearn how to pitch correctly. Hell, maybe he should be made into a closer. It worked with Hendrick.

they really fucked this kid up.

Remember the hype about him was he pitched 105-108 effortlessly.

Now he can't even get it past 95.

I guess some of it was his fault too. Not telling the staff he was hurt then pitching and getting badly hurt. And he had some issue off the field too i remember.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:12 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
When front office gives guys jobs for life and no accountability it trickles down the the players.

These guys won’t show up for half the games this year. Maybe more.

It’s been that kind of culture w this organization for a while.

Like that bum Quintana. And now Moncada.

Need an outsider to kick asses that’s outside of this bureaucratic white Sox culture. Like Elvis Andrus last year.

There fuckers need Someone to kick them in the ass daily. They don’t have that person on the roster or management. What a waste of fucking talent.

Just 5 yrs ago the wsox had the #1 farm system. It should have been flourishing by now in the big Leueges. Nope. They’re just wasting it away.

Shut the fuck up

okay va'to

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: MAGA Pizza
The meltdowns from stepdad are glorious.

"Glorioso."-Las Cub fans

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Hawk wrote:
When did they schedule Giants batting practice instead of the home opener for the White Sox today. When did Kopech get hired as a BP pitcher? I thought the human gas can, Ruiz, locked up that role? I guess Robert didn't want to see 8 Home runs hit. Maybe he should be fined for taking one away?

Despite all of the bullshit from our loyal broadcasters about the potential of this team, its all bullshit. Reinny is the worst owner in all of baseball. We have about 6 guys on the roster who wouldn't make any other team in baseball. Ruiz couldn't make an American Legion team and Elvis should have left the building two years ago. This really sucks. Tell me again, Stony, about how this team is rich in talent and will score a lot of runs and how great the future is as the White Sox "contend" in the AL central :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

This guy gets it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:57 pm 

Of the five starting pitchers that they have trotted out, Kopech clearly appears most hurt by the pitch clock in that he was rushing to deliver the ball to the plate. he was in his move to the plate with 10 seconds or more left on the pitch clock. He needs to compose himself and find his target which ISN'T IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLATE FOR CHRIST SAKE!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:07 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Of the five starting pitchers that they have trotted out, Kopech clearly appears most hurt by the pitch clock in that he was rushing to deliver the ball to the plate. he was in his move to the plate with 10 seconds or more left on the pitch clock. He needs to compose himself and find his target which ISN'T IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLATE FOR CHRIST SAKE!

His fastballs were 92/93. Occasional 94. That is 100% average MLB fastball. I don't think that's pitch clock.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:09 pm 

casual fan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

His fastballs were 92/93. Occasional 94. That is 100% average MLB fastball. I don't think that's pitch clock.

One of the SCORE shows had a guy on awhile back that was talking about this and Kopech was the guy he used as an example. Said the pitch clock would speed guys like him up and not allow them to go max effort on every pitch like they would in the past and thus could very easily impact their velocity. Said guys like Kopech are going to need to learn how to pitch and not just throw hard.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:25 pm 

casual fan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

92-93 isn't good enough if you only have two pitches #CoPitch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:13 pm 

casual fan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

But he was sold and was decent when he came on the season and threw 98-101. That was before he changed his delivery. A PITCHER in the . major leagues with a 92/93 fast ball that is straight as Kopech's has will get killed unless he has a dirty slider, a good curve ball or a change-up. Also, when you rush a pitch like Kopech did in that game you do not muster enough leverage behind it and the pitches tend to run high. He was rushing the entire game. Take a damned breath and THINK about what you are doing. He didn't and those hitters were seeing batting practice meatballs as a result.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
casual fan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

One of the SCORE shows had a guy on awhile back that was talking about this and Kopech was the guy he used as an example. Said the pitch clock would speed guys like him up and not allow them to go max effort on every pitch like they would in the past and thus could very easily impact their velocity. Said guys like Kopech are going to need to learn how to pitch and not just throw hard.

That's correct and is kind of what I am saying. Pitchers need to take a deep breath and collect themselves and Kopech doesn't do that. He right now is just a THROWER AND NOT A PITCHER and this pitch clock change is making things worse for him. I don't know much about Kopech but he never seemed to me to be very smart as a "pitcher" nor in his personal life. Remember the piece of fluff he ended up marrying as soon as he signed his big contract? I just don't see him as anything more than a slightly better Ruiz, maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:21 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
casual fan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

It works for Lance Lynn because he cuts and spins the ball and knows where to spot it. If they were smart, they'd have Kopech go to school on Lynn and learn how to pitch. A gorilla probably can throw at straight fastball.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:22 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
casual fan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

It works for Lance Lynn because he cuts and spins the ball and knows where to spot it. If they were smart, they'd have Kopech go to school on Lynn and learn how to pitch. A gorilla probably can throw at straight fastball.

Easy, Hawk...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:10 pm 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/269 ... -all-time/

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/07/michae ... l-what-mlb

https://www.milb.com/news/kopech-goes-v ... -213729618

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Gonna be a short outing for Cease.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nice shot of Hendriks ringing the cancer-free bell.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:00 pm 

Home plate ump having a rough game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Yeah I wish Timmay would bite his tongue, but this guy has been brutal so far. Fucking strike called on LouBob would have hit a LH batter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
Game Advisory
Injury Delay.
Moncada on 1st

Single
Yoan Moncada singles on a line drive to center fielder Mike Yastrzemski.
Top 4th
:lol: :cry: :lol:

You can't make this stuff up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:33 pm 

I see the petulant, third best SS in Chicago, managed to get himself ejected again

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:38 pm 

On the bright side, LouBob looking good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

Don't stop now boys!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Don't stop now boys!

Liking this hitting with men on thing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:51 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Yeah I wish Timmay would bite his tongue, but this guy has been brutal so far. Fucking strike called on LouBob would have hit a LH batter.

Just did it again to Sheets. This guy is having a really tough time with that side of the plate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

9 outs to get. Have the relivers wear out the outside corner and if they don't get the calls, Grifol should blow his stack.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

Here comes Aaron Bummer doing his thing again.

2 out of 3 times this year he has let the first guy he has faced reach base. He let this happen 15 of 32 times last season as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:01 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Here comes Aaron Bummer doing his thing again.

2 out of 3 times this year he has let the first guy he has faced reach base. He let this happen 15 of 32 times last season as well.

If he can’t get conforto they should cut him on the spot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

don't stop now boys!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next