It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brighter days are around the corner. We'll be a playoff team next year.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Cousin Chris?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:10 am 

Nas wrote:

Where is the pitching coming from for this playoff team?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Marcus Strohman on a prove it deal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Most are already on the team/in the organization. We'll bring in a couple of arms.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:51 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Most are already on the team/in the organization. We'll bring in a couple of arms.

What? They pretty much have no MLB ready arms in the pipeline. So who are these guys already in the organization? Give me some names.

They will bring in some scrap heap guys or some guys on a prove it deal. The only way this works is if they hit the jackpot on like 3-4 guys in the same year. That is very unlikely.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And just where are they pulling 15-20 more wins from next year? What prospects and what key free agents? I'd love to hear this

The AAA roster is a joke, take a look at it. Any prospect with upside is at AA and lower, and let's be honest, nobody at AA is setting the world on fire right now, so please, tell me where these players are coming from.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And just where are they pulling 15-20 more wins from next year? What prospects and what key free agents? I'd love to hear this

The AAA roster is a joke, take a look at it. Any prospect with upside is at AA and lower, and let's be honest, nobody at AA is setting the world on fire right now, so please, tell me where these players are coming from.

They're in the pipeline, goddamnit.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:24 am 

This is a complete tear-down/rebuild 3-4 years minimum. They will get a top 3 pick this year(try not to fuck it up) and probably need about two more top 5 picks, and have to hit on some international FA's and win some more sell off trades.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob is all things White Sox. He knows the farm system better than Chris Getz.

I don't really care if they cobble together some 86 win team and contend in the awful AL Central next season. Win a pennant. Win a World Series. Then win another. Division Titles or Wild Card series may be fun for a short time, but in the end it means shit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:52 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob is all things White Sox. He knows the farm system better than Chris Getz.

Probably. Chris will be busy sniffing out some David Ecksteins.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:57 am 

I want Nas to specifically name names of players that will emerge from the farm system and contribute meaningfully to the big league team in 2024.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:04 am 

I'd be ecstatic if they found some people to throw it over or near the plate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

What? They pretty much have no MLB ready arms in the pipeline. So who are these guys already in the organization? Give me some names.

They will bring in some scrap heap guys or some guys on a prove it deal. The only way this works is if they hit the jackpot on like 3-4 guys in the same year. That is very unlikely.

This division isn't great, and it won't be better next season. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season.

I think Cease and Kopech can be top of the rotation guys. I'm willing to go down with the Kopech ship. Even though he's been injured all year, Crochet would be another year removed from TJ. The Sox will also have a lot of payroll flexibility this offseason to put together a competent staff.

Uncle Jerry wants to win. I anticipate a lot of aggressiveness. If I am wrong, feel free to remind me repeatedly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:33 am 

Uncle Jerry told you no Ohtani and no top tier pitchers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:44 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

If a Sox fan had suggested the White Sox go get Ohtani you would have been mocking it for months.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:45 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If a Sox fan had suggested the White Sox go get Ohtani you would have been mocking it for months.

Just liked I mocked those that suggested they would fire Grifol and eat the rest of his contract. The Subdivision refuses to live in reality.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:53 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

This division isn't great, and it won't be better next season. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season.

I think Cease and Kopech can be top of the rotation guys. I'm willing to go down with the Kopech ship. Even though he's been injured all year, Crochet would be another year removed from TJ. The Sox will also have a lot of payroll flexibility this offseason to put together a competent staff.

Uncle Jerry wants to win. I anticipate a lot of aggressiveness. If I am wrong, feel free to remind me repeatedly.

The division part is very true and that could be their saving grace in this deal.

Uncle Jerry says he wants to win and I am sure in some sense he does. But that never moves him to do the things necessary to win. And that is really the most important part.

I think Cease will bounce back and have a good year. Crochet maybe could be a good one if healthy. I dont see how anyone could trust Kopech for anything at this point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Cease is broken. He's toast.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

The division part is very true and that could be their saving grace in this deal.

Uncle Jerry says he wants to win and I am sure in some sense he does. But that never moves him to do the things necessary to win. And that is really the most important part.

I think Cease will bounce back and have a good year. Crochet maybe could be a good one if healthy. I dont see how anyone could trust Kopech for anything at this point.

they ruined Crochet. If they thought he was going to end up being good in the MLB they wouldn't have offered him to the Cubs two years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not surprised that Imbecile Bob thinks its a good idea to give half a billion dollars to a guy who is hurt and likely will not be able to pitch for a year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:13 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not surprised that Imbecile Bob thinks its a good idea to give half a billion dollars to a guy who is hurt and likely will not be able to pitch for a year.

Ohtani at 50 percent is better than any of the wsox bums they have at 100 percent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's stubbornness. I saw something in the kid and I still believe we can consistently get it out of him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

If you're going in to next season planning on Kopech being anything more than your 5th/6th starter, then you don't have a very good pitching staff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:29 pm 

Hahn was stubborn with Kopech and Eloy. Now the new guy should trade them both in the offseason.

I know it's hard to believe but both those guys have some value from other teams. They still see an upside.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
For this team to even have a chance at competing, they are going to have to take a lot of chances this off season on short-term deals with guys with 5-7 years of service time who are either non-tendered or not issued qualifying offers. Nobody over 31 years old, mostly 26-30 year olds. If it's not working by the ASB, flip what you can and try again.

The #3 pick has to be the best college hitter that isn't a 1B/LF. That guy should be on the major league roster no later than August 15, 2025.

Finally, stop signing Cubans. Sign some Dominicans or Venezuelans for God's sake.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If you're going in to next season planning on Kopech being anything more than your 5th/6th starter, then you don't have a very good pitching staff.

Yeah man but there was a time we'd have said that about guys like giolito and Arrieta and we'd have been wrong. Kopech hasn't been terrible since he's been up, this year notwithstanding.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
yea sign Arrieta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:53 pm 

The staff needs a new voice. One that says don't overcomplicate things and that game plans aren't written in stone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:04 pm 

It's actually pretty depressing how far this team is from being even decent.

Look to next season, and they have CF and one SP position filled with above average players. That only leaves 23 other spots that need an upgrade.....

2023 WAR (fangraphs)
Robert: 5.1
Cease 3.0

next best position player that will be here next year: Eloy 0.5
next best pitcher: Bummer 0.8

Even if Reinsdorf is visited by the "ghost of baseball past" and has some sort of awakening, and wants to spend all the money before he dies, they have so many needs that it won't matter for 2024. The "hope" is basically believing that every player will suddenly play better than they have this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next