It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi wrote:
One that says don't overcomplicate things
Throw strikes.

Darkside wrote:
Yeah man but there was a time we'd have said that about guys like giolito and Arrieta and we'd have been wrong. Kopech hasn't been terrible since he's been up, this year notwithstanding.
Kopech hasn't been good as a starter either. I would love for him to take whatever Flintstone Vitamins that Arrieta was on, but I'm pretty confident in saying that Kopech isn't going to go on a ~60 start run with an ERA under 2.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
casual fan wrote:
It's actually pretty depressing how far this team is from being even decent.

Look to next season, and they have CF and one SP position filled with above average players. That only leaves 23 other spots that need an upgrade.....

2023 WAR (fangraphs)
Robert: 5.1
Cease 3.0

next best position player that will be here next year: Eloy 0.5
next best pitcher: Bummer 0.8

Even if Reinsdorf is visited by the "ghost of baseball past" and has some sort of awakening, and wants to spend all the money before he dies, they have so many needs that it won't matter for 2024. The "hope" is basically believing that every player will suddenly play better than they have this year.

Yeah, the short term goal for 2024 has to be to get a 1 WAR player at every position except catcher. That's still a 65 win team, but you can't just have black holes at five positions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
For way too long, white sox fans including myself have been delusional in their hope of the White Sox changing their modus operandi in terms of putting a solid baseball organization togethers. NOT any more for this old man. For a guy who prided myself in my analytical thinking and being objective, when it comes to Chicago Sports team and especially the White Sox, I have literally lost my mind. Shame on me and shame on millions of other people who have supported the stupid actions of the owners and managers of their sports teams.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The Hawk wrote:
For way too long, white sox fans including myself have been delusional in their hope of the White Sox changing their modus operandi in terms of putting a solid baseball organization togethers. NOT any more for this old man. For a guy who prided myself in my analytical thinking and being objective, when it comes to Chicago Sports team and especially the White Sox, I have literally lost my mind. Shame on me and shame on millions of other people who have supported the stupid actions of the owners and managers of their sports teams.

You wanna know why this doesn't change? They fucking season ticket holder blindly giving their money year after year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

You wanna know why this doesn't change? They fucking season ticket holder blindly giving their money year after year.

This isn't 1956. The Sox are near the bottom of the league in attendance. They're barely bringing in more fans than the Marlins and A's. If Uncle Jerry had relied on fans, the Sox may not exist

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

This isn't 1956. The Sox are near the bottom of the league in attendance. They're barely bringing in more fans than the Marlins and A's. If Uncle Jerry had relied on fans, the Sox may not exist

He's the one who ran 'em off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

By winning the first WS in 90 years and being competitive nearly every year Before Hahn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

By winning the first WS in 90 years and being competitive nearly every year Before Hahn.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

The Sox finished 1st or 2nd in the division 16 times in the 22 years B.H.E

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:14 pm 

Nas wrote:

How many playoff appearances has Jerry’s ownership produced?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

His competition was ivy and backwards hat ass clowns. And still lost. Bigly!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:49 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

His competition was ivy and backwards hat ass clowns. And still lost. Bigly!

By analyzing the behavior of MLB shoppers on SeatGeek, we were able to map “MLB Fandom” across the country. See below for an interactive map of the most popular team in every U.S. county, and a breakdown of the most interesting stories that it surfaces.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

How many real WS have the Dodgers won since Kirk Gibson's home run?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:58 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

No clue. How many?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

No clue. How many?

ZERO! Being in the playoff hunt regularly and regularly losing in the playoffs aren't drastically different. At least the Sox won a real WS.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:09 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

No clue. How many?

ZERO! Being in the playoff hunt regularly and regularly losing in the playoffs aren't drastically different. At least the Sox won a real WS.

Know your worth friend. Chicago has made you settle for once-a-decade playoffs and speed camera tickets.

There is a better way and you’re worthy. Never let anybody tell you otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

No clue. How many?

Know your worth friend. Chicago has made you settle for once-a-decade playoffs and speed camera tickets.

There is a better way and you’re worthy. Never let anybody tell you otherwise.

Chicago doesn't really want to beat me, but she's tired from carrying the state and the country.

The most visited place in the suburbs is a piece of land that Chicago owns. If the Bears left, the 2nd most visited place would be where a team with the Chicago name plays. You're a candle to the Sun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:23 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:36 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Except for totally uneducated baseball fans like the Cub fans, when teams are perpetually mismanaged and losers, good fans do not show up. A shit owner like Reinny certainly is arrogant and narcissic and would blame bad attendance on the fans not watching the crap he puts on the field.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:39 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

No clue. How many?

No one is this dull. Mary Mary quite contrary reincarnated on this board. Thy name is "NAS"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:49 am 

The Hawk wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

Except for totally uneducated baseball fans like the Cub fans, when teams are perpetually mismanaged and losers, good fans do not show up. A shit owner like Reinny certainly is arrogant and narcissic and would blame bad attendance on the fans not watching the crap he puts on the field.

What fans? The subdivision? Like this year, I'll buy a $4 ticket, sit right behind the dugout, have a polish and leave in the 4th inning.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Comiskey Park is the place to go if you want a great family atmosphere and decent stadium food. Uncle Jerry also gives away a shitload of tickets every year. If it weren't for his charity the Sox would likely have lower attendance than the A's.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Uncle Jerry also gives away a shitload of tickets every year.
This is not unique to JERRY. For a while, the Orioles were giving away tickets for kids to almost every game. JERRY is sure he doesn't give away enough that it fucks up his deal with the state for his ballpark.

Nas wrote:
Being in the playoff hunt regularly and regularly losing in the playoffs
The Sox haven't done this for almost 20 years now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nas wrote:
Uncle Jerry also gives away a shitload of tickets every year.
This is not unique to JERRY. For a while, the Orioles were giving away tickets for kids to almost every game. JERRY is sure he doesn't give away enough that it fucks up his deal with the state for his ballpark.

Nas wrote:
Being in the playoff hunt regularly and regularly losing in the playoffs
The Sox haven't done this for almost 20 years now.

What are the Ricketts doing? Why aren't they giving folks an opportunity to experience Wrigley?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
What are the Ricketts doing?
Winning and making the playoffs a lot more often than JERRY, that's undeniable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank, I feel for you. Your passion and honesty about the team is refreshing. It is sad that Chicago generally has such poor ownership groups and mismanaged front offices.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Winning and making the playoffs a lot more often than JERRY, that's undeniable.

The Sox have thrown as many WS as the Cubs have won in the past 104 years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

Being in the hunt for the playoffs and losing in the playoffs is the same thing, yet only one baseball team in this town has a run of doing this recently.

The fact that the Sox have only 1 WS win in over 100 years- 40% of time the team has been owned by Jerry- proves my point. The White Sox ownership sucks and you can't dispute it otherwise. And leave the fucking Bulls out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Frank, I feel for you. Your passion and honesty about the team is refreshing. It is sad that Chicago generally has such poor ownership groups and mismanaged front offices.

The Blackhawks made the playoffs for 30 years in a row and Chicago hockey fans still hated Bill Wirtz. Playoffs matter until they don't.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: Except that Half the NHL makes the playoffs and its never been easier for MLB teams to make the playoffs. Fact. And the Sox still CANNOT contend even in a terrible division. They have never won a Wild Card birth. Fact.

Maybe other people are happy with the playoffs, but for the last few years for me the bar for the White Sox has been play in the World Series. That's it. Anything less than winning the pennant is a failure. This is per the organization who said that winning titles (plural) was the only thing that mattered. Of course, you have to crawl (wild card, division) before you can run (WS) and the Sox are still in the womb at this point.

Check the tapes. You will find more than one post of mine stating that a division title or wild card series loss means next to nothing for me at this point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next