It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4ChNns ... sho1u&nd=1

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Sox rebuild looks exactly like you in a coffin.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Sox rebuild looks exactly like you in a coffin.

Pantless with his hands on his dick?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:21 pm 

The rebuild failed because they were TOO CHEAP to finish it off. Should have signed Manny or a big name.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
The rebuild failed because they were TOO CHEAP to finish it off. Should have signed Manny or a big name.

No, the rebuild failed because Hahn and Kenny can not assess talent.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
After Sale, TA, Rodon (and a bad Kenny miss in Courtney Hawkins), they have drafted like crap. Combined 1.9 WAR for the seven chumps which have made the majors, and only one (Vaughn) is an everyday player.

2022 Noah Schultz P
2021 Colson Montgomery SS
2020 Garrett Crochet P
2019 Andrew Vaughn 1B
2018 Nick Madrigal SS
2017 Jake Burger 3B
2016 Zack Collins C
2016 Zack Burdi RHP
2015 Carson Fulmer RHP

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

I'd say Jake Burger has proven he has an everyday MLB bat.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
After Sale, TA, Rodon (and a bad Kenny miss in Courtney Hawkins), they have drafted like crap. Combined 1.9 WAR for the seven chumps which have made the majors, and only one (Vaughn) is an everyday player.

2022 Noah Schultz P
2020 Garrett Crochet P
2019 Andrew Vaughn 1B
2018 Nick Madrigal SS
2017 Jake Burger 3B
2016 Zack Collins C
2016 Zack Burdi RHP
2015 Carson Fulmer RHP

I'm all for a leadership change, but I think your assessment is overly harsh. Burger has a career OPS of .833 and Crochet has a career 2.54 ERA. Also, if Montgomery and Schultz turn into players, that list will look a lot better.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:54 am 
100000 CLUB

Even if those guys make it, the list should/could be better.

TA and Crede are the only Sox developed position players to make an All Star team over the last 10-12 years. I don't really consider Abreu or Alexei here because they were 'developed' when the Sox signed them. Everybody else (Konerko, Avisail Garcia, Carlos Quentin etc) were trades.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 12:27 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:

2022 Noah Schultz P
2020 Garrett Crochet P
2019 Andrew Vaughn 1B
2018 Nick Madrigal SS
2017 Jake Burger 3B
2016 Zack Collins C
2016 Zack Burdi RHP
2015 Carson Fulmer RHP

I'm all for a leadership change, but I think your assessment is overly harsh. Burger has a career OPS of .833 and Crochet has a career 2.54 ERA. Also, if Montgomery and Schultz turn into players, that list will look a lot better.

I will give you Crochet. Burger needed to either play every day or be traded to a team who would. They've squandered his development, probably because Kenny has a fetish for toolsy Cubans.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I really wish he had a couple of seasons with Paulie or Thome to figure out pitch recognition. The guy can hit the ball a long way to reach the seats anywhere and doesn't miss many mistakes. He just swings at breaking pitches away too much just like Robert but both these guys have the capability to hit 40 or so bombs a year.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I really wish he had a couple of seasons with Paulie or Thome to figure out pitch recognition. The guy can hit the ball a long way to reach the seats anywhere and doesn't miss many mistakes. He just swings at breaking pitches away too much just like Robert but both these guys have the capability to hit 40 or so bombs a year.

When he hits a rope, it's almost literally a rope.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Next time he hits a rope, Rick Hahn should use it to hang himself.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This hypothetical “ haul” for Jackie might be in jeopardy if he doesnt get his shit together soon.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm 

He's a locker room cancer, just like Willllson. That's why the Cubs couldn't deal him either. A contending team isn't going to want that in their clubhouse down the stretch.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
He's a locker room cancer, just like Willllson. That's why the Cubs couldn't deal him either. A contending team isn't going to want that in their clubhouse down the stretch.

Take your thumb, I don't care which one, and go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 4:29 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
This hypothetical “ haul” for Jackie might be in jeopardy if he doesnt get his shit together soon.

He could hit 7th in the Dodgers lineup most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I guess the point is why would the Dodgers even trade for him and give up prospects if he’s going to hit 270 with no pop, doesn’t walk and is a below average defensive player.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Warren Newson wrote:

2022 Noah Schultz P
2020 Garrett Crochet P
2019 Andrew Vaughn 1B
2018 Nick Madrigal SS
2017 Jake Burger 3B
2016 Zack Collins C
2016 Zack Burdi RHP
2015 Carson Fulmer RHP

I will give you Crochet. Burger needed to either play every day or be traded to a team who would. They've squandered his development, probably because Kenny has a fetish for toolsy Cubans.

If you want to fault them for not trading him, fine. However, I don't think he would have ripened into a decent defender if they played him every day. He might have become more proficient offensively quicker, but that would have involved taking at bats away from guys like Abreu and Eloy.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:47 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
I guess the point is why would the Dodgers even trade for him and give up prospects if he’s going to hit 270 with no pop, doesn’t walk and is a below average defensive player.

You are wrong about most of that.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 10:49 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

2022 Noah Schultz P
2020 Garrett Crochet P
2019 Andrew Vaughn 1B
2018 Nick Madrigal SS
2017 Jake Burger 3B
2016 Zack Collins C
2016 Zack Burdi RHP
2015 Carson Fulmer RHP

If you want to fault them for not trading him, fine. However, I don't think he would have ripened into a decent defender if they played him every day. He might have become more proficient offensively quicker, but that would have involved taking at bats away from guys like Abreu and Eloy.

The guy just lost development time defensively during his two achilles injuries. He is a good athlete and is not naturally bad defensively. He is an average defensive 3rd baseman and a legit power hitter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:18 pm 

I don't have any idea why Moncada is taking up space on this team. Trade him for a frozen banana smoothie or something and put Burger at 3rd Gonzales at second for the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:49 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
I don't have any idea why Moncada is taking up space on this team. Trade him for a frozen banana smoothie or something and put Burger at 3rd Gonzales at second for the rest of the year.

i think somebody in the front office doesn't want to admit they were wrong and Moncado is a bust

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:51 am 

I like Moncada. He's solid at 3rd base, he's a switch hitter, and when he's healthy, he's one of the only players on the team with anything resembling plate discipline.

But you can tell when he's not healthy (which is most of the time). He plays careful, looks lazy, and his plate coverage sucks so he strikes out twice as much as usual.
Blame goes to Moncada for the low effort when not at 100%. The organization takes some blame for enabling this type of effort from several "star" players.

His contract, and the fact that he has no value, will make him difficult to move. They owe him $25 million next year. Probably just keep him one more year and buy out the remaining year.
This is a common theme with the position players... they don't have a significant enough value on the market to get anything good in return.

Until this organization develops some leadership, the only way we can hope to build a contending team is through luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:38 am 

The Hawk wrote:

COVID Moncada is owed 24 million next year. Nobody is trading for him. Come on, HawkaRoo!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:12 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

i think somebody in the front office doesn't want to admit they were wrong and Moncado is a bust

Yep. It looks like Hahn refuses to admit that he made a mistake in trading for this guy. And I hate when teams just keep non performing guys like Moncada. He cannot be "fixed" so to speak. He is what he is, a lazy unexciting underachiever who is being paid a disgusting amount of money for not hitting anywhere near what a legit major league 3rd baseman should do in his prime.

And as to Burger, when a stupid organization refuses to let go an underachieving player like Moncada it sometimes BLOCKS other prospects to show what they can do at the major league level. Guys like Jake Burger.

I took some time yesterday and researched some things about Burger's so-called "Development" with the White Sox and learned some things about it that I did not know before.You guys might have known this but I was surprised. Did you guys know, for example, that Jake Burger only had parts of one year in rookie ball after he was drafted? I knew that he suffered a achilles injury in spring training and was reinjured twice shortly after coming back. I didn't know, though, that he really didn't have any minor league experience between 2018-2021. The only place he played was not even in the minor leagues but in some independent ball not even affiliated with major league baseball. HE spent all his minor league career in 3A Charlotte.

What I am saying is that I think that the White Sox pretty much wrote Burger off as a prospect after his 2nd injury to his ankle and pretty much gave up on him and instead put all of their interest on Moncada. INSTEAD OF DOING WHAT GOOD TEAMS DO WITH GREAT POTENTIAL,NAMELY BRING IN TOP LEVEL PEOPLE TO DEVELOP THEM, they pretty much dumped in a pool and told him to sink or swim. People have said that he is a lousy infielder. Even if that was true, what time did the Sox do invest in teaching him how to develop into a decent infielder from 2017 -present? Its disgusting to me as a guy who taught a lot of talented kids how to improve themselves at baseball to see a professional club not do this.

Burger was considered the best hitter over-all in the draft and the White SOx in my humble opinion were lucky that he stuck it out pretty much on his own and met every challenge presented him with a good attitude and hard work. Many kids would have sulked, blamed bad fortune and frittered away their signing bonuses. Putting Moncada out there while sitting Burger is stupid and typical of the weak asses Sox management group.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:14 pm 

He's had a nice season so far, but lets hold off on putting Jake Palka Burger in the HOF just yet, Hawk.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:47 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
He's had a nice season so far, but lets hold off on putting Jake Palka Burger in the HOF just yet, Hawk.

His is a remarkable story of over-coming bad luck injuries and bad coaching while making a major league team. He is succeeding DESPITE the best efforts of the White Sox to mess him up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:03 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

thats what the other sox fans do on this board :lol: :lol: :lol: . hawk is usually more realistic.

The Hawk wrote:
His is a remarkable story of over-coming bad luck injuries and bad coaching while making a major league team. He is succeeding DESPITE the best efforts of the White Sox to mess him up.

He's The Rudy of the WhiteSox