It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Bernstein calling Jerry Reinsdorf a racist for hiring TLR.

He (Jerry Reinsdorf) wanted the baseball police to come in because he was afraid of the embrace of another culture.

LaRussa has never been "the baseball police." He's always been a players' manager. About the only beef he has ever had with a player was with J.D. Drew, who last I checked, wasn't a Joyful Latino.

I think Ron Gant accused him of racism .

With the Braves?

??? Gant played for the Cardinals too.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I hate this team

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

He (Jerry Reinsdorf) wanted the baseball police to come in because he was afraid of the embrace of another culture.

LaRussa has never been "the baseball police." He's always been a players' manager. About the only beef he has ever had with a player was with J.D. Drew, who last I checked, wasn't a Joyful Latino.

With the Braves?

No, he is Brave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Jesse apparently calling out a bunch of players?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

With the Braves?

??? Gant played for the Cardinals too.

I didn't remember his time there.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Let's face it. Hahn's rebuild deals were our last great hope after the previous ten years of haplessness.

We are now at Less Than Zero. There's no 'retooling'. It isn't possible. All this dirty laundry is a blessing in disguise. JR is now backed into a corner. He has to exterminate or he'll have a fan base of Nas and little kids who want to run bases on sundays.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nardi wrote:
Let's face it. Hahn's rebuild deals were our last great hope after the previous ten years of haplessness.

We are now at Less Than Zero. There's no 'retooling'. It isn't possible. All this dirty laundry is a blessing in disguise. JR is now backed into a corner. He has to exterminate or he'll have a fan base of Nas and little kids who want to run bases on sundays.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:

Bernstein floated the possibility of a real owner eventually buying the team and moving them to Nashville.

I’m not even sure that would bother me at this point.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Bernstein floated the possibility of a real owner eventually buying the team and moving them to Nashville.

You guys could buy those Lets Get Nashty t-shirts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:03 pm 

Nardi wrote:

My baseball fandom has never been at a lower point. They move and I'll consider it hockey. Completely off my radar.

https://youtu.be/yrG8HKaGHBk?t=14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:

Get your shit together. This defeatist attitude isn't a good look. Having a strong chin is a prerequisite for Chicago fandom.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Get your shit together. This defeatist attitude isn't a good look. Having a strong chin is a prerequisite for Chicago fandom.

But clearly not a prerequisite for playing short stop in Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

But clearly not a prerequisite for playing short stop in Chicago.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Jesse apparently calling out a bunch of players?

Moncada isn’t a hard worker??? This is breaking news? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not even saying I agree. The Gashouse Gang were drunks in dirty jerseys. The A's had ridiculous facial hair and circus uniforms. But the culture either matters or it doesn't. I tend to think the Sox suck because they don't hit well or pitch well. Not because of a lack or rules or who the manager is.

Bingo. Those were legitimately Great (with a capital G) teams. The Sox have bad players.

As far as leadership matters--and it does to an extent--the Sox don't have that, either. Timmy is more Reggie Jackson than Thurmon Munson. @deacon ==> that was one hell of a book. It's been ringing in my ears like a great album all damn summer!!!

I've also been thinking quite a bit about what Martin would do with this team. It really doesn't have a Jacksonlike personality that would stand up to him and I suspect he would just be able to impose his will.

Buck Showalter is already employed, at least for now, and I don't know if there's another big personality manager out there these days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not even saying I agree. The Gashouse Gang were drunks in dirty jerseys. The A's had ridiculous facial hair and circus uniforms. But the culture either matters or it doesn't. I tend to think the Sox suck because they don't hit well or pitch well. Not because of a lack or rules or who the manager is.

Bingo. Those were legitimately Great (with a capital G) teams. The Sox have bad players.

As far as leadership matters--and it does to an extent--the Sox don't have that, either. Timmy is more Reggie Jackson than Thurmon Munson. @deacon ==> that was one hell of a book. It's been ringing in my ears like a great album all damn summer!!!

I've also been thinking quite a bit about what Martin would do with this team. It really doesn't have a Jacksonlike personality that would stand up to him and I suspect he would just be able to impose his will.

Buck Showalter is already employed, at least for now, and I don't know if there's another big personality manager out there these days.

I dont think Bochy is a fuck around on manager

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:09 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Get your shit together.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

They have the right guy working on TV with Chuck Garfein. I'm not a big fan of that guy, but there's enough talent on this team that he'd have them competing in a year or two. Of that I have no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:40 pm 

So you think put Ozzie in the dugout and with all the same players they would be a contender?

Idk.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
So you think put Ozzie in the dugout and with all the same players they would be a contender?

Idk.

Not every single player. But there's definitely enough of a core there to contend. Especially in that shit division. Despite Simple Frank's claims to the contrary, this team isn't too much different than the one that won 93 games in 2021. Getting rid of Grandal will be a huge boost.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
wasnt this a problem like 10/15 yrs ago too w the wsox lockeroom? I remember reading somewhere guys use to bring their girlfriends to the clubhouse to have sex.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

I don't think the Sox can run this back with Hahn and Grifol. I love Ozzie, but I'm not sure he is the answer. This team needs pitching and a lot of other shit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
I don't think the Sox can run this back with Hahn and Grifol. I love Ozzie, but I'm not sure he is the answer. This team needs pitching and a lot of other shit.

Yeah I definitely think Ozzie could help with the culture issues.

But until they deal with the pitching issues they are going to struggle.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: :lol: This team is vastly different to the 2021 club. Its not even up for a debate, its fact.

Let's break it down for the old, decrepit guy.
Comparing 2021 to opening day 2023

Different guy at 1st, worse
Different guy at 2nd, worse
Same SS, worse
Same 3rd, but he's only had 190 at bats. Jake Burger has played more 3rd. Equal at best
LF is probably close to the same
CF is better this year
RF probably equal, still bad

Only 3/5 (brogue's favorite fraction!) of the starting rotation is the same.

Other than 5.0 innings from Hendriks, and 20.0 innings with Lopez, the atrocious Aaron Bummer is the only reliver who was there in 2021.

Outside of Zavala and his buck sixty average, the bench is also completely different.

Katz and Boston are the only coaches still there.

So yeah other than 75% of the regular positon player, 40% of the rotaion, 90+% of the bullpen and bench being different, I guess it is the same team :lol: :lol:

Maybe you're looking at harvested box scores because the rest of us here in reality see an entirely different team, Jorr

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sorry, RFDC, I had to laugh.... They have pitching issues, hitting issues, defense issues, baseball IQ issues, development issues, scouting issues, leadership issues, clubhouse issues, fan relations issues, and ownership issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:20 pm 

Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sorry, RFDC, I had to laugh.... They have pitching issues, hitting issues, defense issues, baseball IQ issues, development issues, scouting issues, leadership issues, clubhouse issues, fan relations issues, and ownership issues.

No doubt there are more issues than just pitching. But I meant more from the stand point of you can fix everything else and yet if they dont address pitching it is not going to help much.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

No doubt there are more issues than just pitching. But I meant more from the stand point of you can fix everything else and yet if they dont address pitching it is not going to help much.

It can't be fixed. It's over for this regime. If you hire Ozzie as a bandaid, all that will be accomplished will be giving Ozzie a heart attack and you've wasted a year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:32 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
wasnt this a problem like 10/15 yrs ago too w the wsox lockeroom? I remember reading somewhere guys use to bring their girlfriends to the clubhouse to have sex.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The time to bring in Ozzie was last June. He would have guided the Sox to 5-6 more wins and a playoff apperance. They likely wouldn't have advanced very far but at least they would have made it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next