It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
And why is it the White Sox?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Giving the Sox a pass on the Detroit series. They're pretty good. Best team in the Central.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:50 am 

Sox split a series with the Astros to start the season

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 9:51 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi wrote:
Giving the Sox a pass on the Detroit series. They're pretty good. Best team in the Central.
Tall midget award.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 10:28 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall midget award.

As soon as they shed Miggy's 32 mildough, watch out. Lot of good arms and that 1 & 2 in the order are can't miss.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 10:48 am 

Oakland and their opposum laugh at being ignored.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall midget award.

As soon as they shed Miggy's 32 mildough, watch out. Lot of good arms and that 1 & 2 in the order are can't miss.
Maybe. With that park they should be loading up on arms.

They also have AJ Hinch!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Raiders. Nobody in Vegas cares about them and only Raider fans at games this season will be the poor bastards that couldn't move their tickets.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:48 am 

Vanilla Ice!

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/mlb/chicago-baseball/vanilla-ice-to-join-iconic-90s-hip-hop-artists-for-postgame-show-at-summer-sox-game/3152128/

Good Dolphin is a huge fan!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
You have to blame ownership for this mess. Looking at the last bunch of years. Its all been a failure to put a top to bottom tiered team organization together from the scouting department through player development, and finding, developing and hiring good coaches, instructors and managers. The result is the mess that currently is the Chicago White Sox today.

I also cannot underestimate the vile taste in my mouth about Reinny and his defeatist philosophy as an owner only concerned with doing the least possible investment to make the most amount of money possible. When you look at other organization that are succcessul they have committed ownership who hire pros who know how to lead and put the right people in the rights spots throughout that add value to the players under their control. The Sox have not seen this for years.

Bottom line. This team will never be successful until the Reinny rule is over.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:25 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
You have to blame ownership for this mess. Looking at the last bunch of years. Its all been a failure to put a top to bottom tiered team organization together from the scouting department through player development, and finding, developing and hiring good coaches, instructors and managers. The result is the mess that currently is the Chicago White Sox today.
I also cannot underestimate the vile taste in my mouth about Reinny and his defeatist philosophy as an owner only concerned with doing the least possible investment to make the most amount of money possible. When you look at other organization that are succcessul they have committed ownership who hire pros who know how to lead and put the right people in the rights spots throughout that add value to the players under their control. The Sox have not seen this for years.

Bottom line. This team will never be successful until the Reinny rule is over.

I understand his logic, but what he's missing that he lucked out being in a division with tiny markets for almost 30 years. The argument FAILS SO HARD because of this. He has about 4 years in his reign that he can be proud of, and one of them is when he personally caused a strike.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

Id say 3 "recently"
4 if you include 1983. The late 80s had a lot of young players with promise, but only one playoff team with all that talent.

1993, but the strike after that hurts this season too IMO.
2005, because 2005.
2008, that team maxed out at winning the AL Central. They weren't going to win a title. The end of that season was amazing.

2020 was a playoff year but it was a goofy Covid year, and Ricky ruined it by making them the #7 seed and then doubled down on bad moves to lose the Wild Card round.

2021 was a fun first half, but that team should have at least made the ALCS. Then built from there, and well....

Everything else since they moved to the new park has been an utter failure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:46 pm 

'83 was such a heartbreaker. Fuckin' Earl Weaver. I love hated that guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:17 pm 

I can see 2006 being a bigger heartbreaker than 1983. 2005 was a year where every player outplayed their projections, so maybe there's an argument against it. I don't think they could have replicated the starting pitching success from the playoffs in 2005. As much as I respect Konerko, he couldn't do it all. Crede's back was bad in 2006 if I'm remember correctly? Just too many things that seemed to go wrong.

This city deserves a Cubs/Sox world series and I'm just not seeing it ever happening in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I can see 2006 being a bigger heartbreaker than 1983. 2005 was a year where every player outplayed their projections, so maybe there's an argument against it. I don't think they could have replicated the starting pitching success from the playoffs in 2005. As much as I respect Konerko, he couldn't do it all. Crede's back was bad in 2006 if I'm remember correctly? Just too many things that seemed to go wrong.

This city deserves a Cubs/Sox world series and I'm just not seeing it ever happening in my lifetime.

In my recollection, the biggest difference between 2005 and 2006 was the bullpen. Cliff Politte, Neal Cotts, and Bobby Jenks could not replicate their success.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:45 am 

Career bad year for Buehrle.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:21 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
That's a tough one to lose. That's two errors in the last half a dozen games in the same situation for Anderson. I've been supporting him for a long time but truly he is playing like crap. I also don't like what the manager did with the relievers in this game.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:02 pm 

https://www.soxon35th.com/former-white- ... s-culture/
One big dumpster fire of dog shit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:06 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
casual fan wrote:
https://www.soxon35th.com/former-white-sox-reliever-keynan-middleton-criticizes-teams-no-rules-culture/

its all going to come out now. that TKO Timmy took is making ppl talk now. they know it's over and ppl want to telling the truth. I cant wait to hear what AJ Pollock has to say.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
casual fan wrote:
https://www.soxon35th.com/former-white-sox-reliever-keynan-middleton-criticizes-teams-no-rules-culture/

Middleton is just shitting on the joy of the players. And he hates the WBC because he's a bigot. Old white man yelling at cloud. The Sox are fine.

And fuck the racist Yankees. They don't allow long braids or dreadlocks. And their players can't have their shirts unbuttoned to the waist because they are a white supremacist organization. They're almost as bad as Pat Fitzgerald.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
casual fan wrote:

Middleton is just shitting on the joy of the players. And he hates the WBC because he's a bigot. Old white man yelling at cloud. The Sox are fine.

And fuck the racist Yankees. They don't allow long braids or dreadlocks. And their players can't have their shirts unbuttoned to the waist because they are a white supremacist organization. They're almost as bad as Pat Fitzgerald.

To some extent, Middleton's comments undercut the argument that TLR was good for the team. Also, almost every team was dealing with disruptions caused by the WBC. That's not really a good excuse for the White Sox's struggles. That being said, I'm looking forward to some more "exit interviews" in the coming months.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

what the fuck are you talking about? On all those Yankee teams throughout the years does it look like any of them are having any fun because of those rules? They’re just a bunch of sad sack robots with no personality because they can’t grow beards or wear their hair long . They’d have easily double the amount of championships they have if it weren’t for those antiquated old white guy baseball rules . I can’t believe the ACLU hasn’t stepped in and sued them.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
casual fan wrote:

To some extent, Middleton's comments undercut the argument that TLR was good for the team. Also, almost every team was dealing with disruptions caused by the WBC. That's not really a good excuse for the White Sox's struggles. That being said, I'm looking forward to some more "exit interviews" in the coming months.

Middleton is black so he can get away with saying that. If Lance Lynn or Benintendi said it bernstein and Larry would spend five shows on the cultural implications.

No one seems to want rules or standards so don't blame the lack of rules or standards. Just flip your bat and scream, "LOOK AT ME!!!"

The Yankees also don't allow blue hair. You know why? Because that's an individual who thinks he/she is more important than the team. Again, "LOOK AT ME!!!"

Maybe something for the USWNT to consider in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:04 am 

damning for a lot of guys, including The Cuban Whisperer, Jose Abreu.

but it's a societal thing as well

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
We’re getting very close to the “rules on team sports are racist“ era.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
MongoMuller wrote:
Raiders. Nobody in Vegas cares about them and only Raider fans at games this season will be the poor bastards that couldn't move their tickets.

An already cash-strapped franchise is pretty f'd hiring McDaniel. They already owe Gruden a metric fuckton of cash and the other owners don't want that shit going into court and all their dirty laundry getting aired out in discovery. But no way Davis has enough cash to pay Gruden to shut up and go away
So even if 2023 goes to shirt completely under McDaniel, Raiders stuck with Josh until at least next off-season--when the buyout becomes more reasonable.

Now that the NFL owners have broken the seal on forcing an owner to sell, wonder if the league and other owners will try to pin the Gruden fuckery on Davis, look at the sorry state of what should be a money-franchise in LV and flush the Davis' out of the league too. I think it was Mark Cuban back when the NBA was contemplating pulling Donald Sterling's ticket, Cuban, iirc, was the first to note that he and his fellow owners should be wary of forcing another owner to sell b/c someday that could be used against them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:27 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
casual fan wrote:

I read this the same way. Seems like Middleton just had a grudge. They're grown men and I'm sure every team has a guy or two who stays out all night and ends up sleeping off a hangover on the bench or in the bullpen.

That said, if more of these come out it will hopefully spell the end of Kenny and Rick.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I know someone who can fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
A lot of old white men are thirsty for validation. Validation is found in Christ, unless you're a heathen. MANY are, and it's sad. Tradition and rules only matter when they align with their current values.

The Yankees have had as many WS victories as the White in the past 20 years.

Shockingly, a guy who played half a season for a team that lost a lot of games doesn't have good things to say about that team. A team that traded him. Why wasn't he vocal as a White Sox player? Why didn't he cut his beard before he arrived?

Maybe you don't hire a shitty Royal to manage your team. Maybe TLR and OG Abreu were valuable to culture.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next