It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:50 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Gio and Lopez for Angels #2 and #3 prospects - minor-league catcher Edgar Quero and pitcher Ky Bush.

Good trade?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:00 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Quero might be something, the pitching prospect looks like Jared Kelly that we already have.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:14 am 

pizza_Place: John's
KY Bush has an ERA of 5.88 in AA. He will fit right in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'll take any catcher to avoid watching the shit they scribble on the line up card currently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seacrest wrote:
I'll take any catcher to avoid watching the shit they scribble on the line up card currently.

Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I hope the catcher's dad or uncle knows something about baseball because there's nobody here that can develop him. Once upon a time , they said Grifol was a catcher whisperer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:45 am 

catchers are notoriously slow developers and it is reported this guy was aggressively moved to AA this year. He hasn't been bad there from the looks of it but will probably start there again next year. There is still a long way to go with him.

There isn't an untouchable on this team, in my opinion. I'd love to see that the reason they didn't send Gio to the Dodgers is because they have a monster trade involving Cease with them

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The catcher hasn't hit for average or power in AA, has he? Keith Law said he's "not yet" good defensively prior to the season.

The pitcher has a 7.20 ERA in 30 innings at AA and rookie ball.

The greatest potential for both of these guys seems to be as future targets for the ire of Sox fans once it becomes clear that the new rebuild has failed just as badly as the previous one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tall Midget wrote:
The catcher hasn't hit for average or power in AA, has he? Keith Law said he's "not yet" good defensively prior to the season.

The greatest potential for both of these guys seems to be as future targets for the ire of Sox fans once it becomes clear that the new rebuild has failed just as badly as the previous one.

They could just be sleeping giants too.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Ky Bush looks like the kind of douchebag that bumps into you at a bar, spills your beer, then picks a fight with you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Ky Bush looks like the kind of douchebag that bumps into you at a bar, spills your beer, then picks a fight with you.

Good thing his parents presciently named him after a sexual lubricant, because it sounds like he's gonna get repeatedly bent over by major league hitters in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:17 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

He's 20 years old in AA and hitting OK. Really high OBP with more walks than K, which is an oddity for the Sox. Switch hits. They say he moves around well behind the plate, blocking the ball well. I've seen game calling as a deficiency, but that comes with age/experience if you have intelligence. Good enough arm for MLB. He'd still be ahead of the curve for a catcher if it took him 3 more years.

Sox seem be acquiring a lot of LH hitting lately with Montgomery, their draft pick and this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Quero is an offensive catcher whose value is supposed to increase if they go automated balls/strikes. The experts really like his hitting tools but I haven't really watched him. Bush was supposed to move thru the system quickly but he's been inconsistent and has had some injury issues. They both have potential but calling them #2 and #3 prospects is a bit ridiculous with Neto, O'Hoppe, Moniak, Bachman, Joyce, and Silseth up. It seems a lot of the national guys and our own Athletic guy are trying to say we got fleeced but they're stuck in the past pre-Minasian. He's actually been pretty good in trades and the draft. He's been plugging holes all season with the ridiculous number of injuries. I think he filled 2 holes and with Trout, Drury, and O'hoppe coming back soon feels like we can make a run.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
MongoMuller wrote:
Quero is an offensive catcher whose value is supposed to increase if they go automated balls/strikes. The experts really like his hitting tools but I haven't really watched him. Bush was supposed to move thru the system quickly but he's been inconsistent and has had some injury issues. They both have potential but calling them #2 and #3 prospects is a bit ridiculous with Neto, O'Hoppe, Moniak, Bachman, Joyce, and Silseth up. It seems a lot of the national guys and our own Athletic guy are trying to say we got fleeced but they're stuck in the past pre-Minasian. He's actually been pretty good in trades and the draft. He's been plugging holes all season with the ridiculous number of injuries. I think he filled 2 holes and with Trout, Drury, and O'hoppe coming back soon feels like we can make a run.

Rendon might be one of the worst signings ever.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Rendon was a Moreno/Eppler signing. Moreno wanted to sign Trea Turner and Minasian talked him out of it. Neto is probably beating Turner in every category. Nobody could predict Rendon would break down like this. Good recovery signing Urshela who was playing well until he went down and Escobar/Moustakas are playing well right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He's 20 years old in AA and hitting OK. Really high OBP with more walks than K, which is an oddity for the Sox. Switch hits. They say he moves around well behind the plate, blocking the ball well. I've seen game calling as a deficiency, but that comes with age/experience if you have intelligence. Good enough arm for MLB. He'd still be ahead of the curve for a catcher if it took him 3 more years.

So we traded for an iffy pitching prospect who's getting pummeled in the minors and a catcher who just might, if you squint hard enough, resemble a major league player three years from now? I guess the sleeping giants will continue to slumber for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:38 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

So we traded for an iffy pitching prospect who's getting pummeled in the minors and a catcher who just might, if you squint hard enough, resemble a major league player three years from now? I guess the sleeping giants will continue to slumber for the foreseeable future.

I'm not going to pretend to follow the minor leagues. He's the 87th ranked prospect in baseball as a 20 year old so someone likes him more than your description

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:51 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I'd love to see that the reason they didn't send Gio to the Dodgers is because they have a monster trade involving Cease with them

you are going to be disappointed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I'd love to see that the reason they didn't send Gio to the Dodgers is because they have a monster trade involving Cease with them

I hope he's disappointed. I'd like to see them field some semblance of a major league team this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I hope he's disappointed. I'd like to see them field some semblance of a major league team this year.

the Sox ? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don’t think this trade will stop them from winning their next 21 series to get back in the race.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:17 pm 

unless they luck into like 3 scrap heap pitchers having career years next year I do not see any way they field a competitive team

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
unless they luck into like 3 scrap heap pitchers having career years next year I do not see any way they field a competitive team
Which is basically what they have done the last two seasons. Vince Velazquez, Johnny Cueto (who ended up being pretty damn good), Mike Clevinger.

I fully expect the Sox to sign Syndergaard, or a guy like Hyun Jin Ryu to a prove it deal because he's coming off Tommy John surgery. Maybe they'll go after Grienke, Tommy Milone, or Danny Duffy.

Shit they will probably put in a call to Cole Hamels too :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:27 pm 

RFDC wrote:

This season has been awful, but the more you sit and think about the '24 team, the more depressing it gets.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Caller Bob wrote:

Throw a mullet on him and I’m getting John Rocker vibes.

This guy has tremendous meme potential.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don’t think this trade will stop them from winning their next 21 series to get back in the race.

It's not just this year, but next year too. I really don't want to see three more years of intentional losing. I've become too accustomed to the unintentional losing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:13 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
Next level chess by Hahn. Come spring training the return for this trade will be these two guys, Ohtani, and Giolito. 2024!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:29 am 

He sent Giolito to the Angels so that he could talk up the Sox to Ohtani for free agency

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
He sent Giolito to the Angels so that he could talk up the Sox to Ohtani for free agency

You've always had a wonderful attitude. You're like that clown guy in that holocaust movie.