It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Put me in the camp of those who don’t buy that this year’s team is basically the same as the ‘21 Sox.

It's supposed to be better. Eloy, Robert, and Moncada should be in their prime and Leury isn't playing everyday.

Nah, this is stupid.

The 2021 Sox were built on starting pitching. Two starters finished in the top five in the cy young voting and a third finished top 10. They also had a RP finish in the top ten. One of the top five vote getters they let go with nothing in return, the second top five guy was 34 at the time. Not shocking that he isn’t the same pitcher The RP who got Cy votes got cancer.

It’s not the same team. This is a stupid point to make.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Put me in the camp of those who don’t buy that this year’s team is basically the same as the ‘21 Sox.

It's supposed to be better. Eloy, Robert, and Moncada should be in their prime and Leury isn't playing everyday.

Nah, this is stupid.

The 2021 Sox were built on starting pitching. Two starters finished in the top five in the cy young voting and a third finished top 10. They also had a RP finish in the top ten. One of the top five vote getters they let go with nothing in return, the second top five guy was 34 at the time. Not shocking that he isn’t the same pitcher The RP who got Cy votes got cancer.

No. Your point is stupid. You seem to be saying that when a team tanks for 5-6 years in a "rebuild" that the first year they actually try should be their best team.

If Rodon was such a key piece and they let him walk, that's just another indictment of ownership and the front office.

They're supposed to be better now than they were two years ago. They're going the wrong way.

And again, it's basically the same team that finished .500 last year. Except with brilliant draft choice Vaughn replacing geriatric Abreu and the great free agent Benintendi in the outfield.

If you're someone that gives great weight to managers that's either a feather in LaRussa's cap or a big black eye for Grifol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Nah, this is stupid.

No. Your point is stupid. You seem to be saying that when a team tanks for 5-6 years in a "rebuild" that the first year they actually try should be their best team.

If Rodon was such a key piece and they let him walk, that's just another indictment of ownership and the front office.

They're supposed to be better now than they were two years ago. They're going the wrong way.

And again, it's basically the same team that finished .500 last year. Except with brilliant draft choice Vaughn replacing geriatric Abreu and the great free agent Benintendi in the outfield.

If you're someone that gives great weight to managers that's either a feather in LaRussa's cap or a big black eye for Grifol.

One Post is on to something with the starting pitching. The only time the rebuild was really successful was the first half of 2021 when their starting pitching was dominant. After that, which coincidentally or otherwise seemed to coincide with MLB's crackdown on sticky stuff, the team was basically. 500.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And again, it's basically the same team that finished .500 last year.
And again, this is not true. Its misinformation. Its a lie. Its the very thing you spend half of your life railing against "demorats" for.

If the team should be progressively better, then why did the 2022 squad have a losing record under the great Tony LaRussa?

If nothing else, you're consistent with your dumbass White Sox takes. After all, the '90-win-miss-the-playoffs' 2006 Sox is the best team of your lifetime. Not that they weren't good or can't be your favorite, but the best? Talk about simple :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
The only good thing to me was despite their best efforts to fuck him up and/or give up on him and his efforts to be a major league starting players, BURGER has emerged as a legit major league 3rd baseman and is in the top 8 of majpr league home run hitters.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Hawk wrote:
The only good thing to me was despite their best efforts to fuck him up and/or give up on him and his efforts to be a major league starting players, BURGER has emerged as a legit major league 3rd baseman and is in the top 8 of majpr league home run hitters.

:lol: No , he’s a butcher who runs into home runs sometimes.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:16 pm 

Burger is not a legit 3rd baseman. At the very best he is a limited serviceable 3rd baseman. He should never ever be at 2nd. He can hit and his best spot would to be a DH and a spot guy at 3rd.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Nah, this is stupid.

One Post is on to something with the starting pitching. The only time the rebuild was really successful was the first half of 2021 when their starting pitching was dominant. After that, which coincidentally or otherwise seemed to coincide with MLB's crackdown on sticky stuff, the team was basically. 500.

I agree with that, but it can't be that only Sox pitchers were affected. Obviously, Lynn and Giolito haven't been the same since the crackdown.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Burger is not a legit 3rd baseman. At the very best he is a limited serviceable 3rd baseman. He should never ever be at 2nd. He can hit and his best spot would to be a DH and a spot guy at 3rd.

He's a home run or bust guy who has skillets for hands. The kid almost has 30 home runs, but he has a .270 on base percentage.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:49 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Nah, this is stupid.

I agree. The ownership STOPPED putting a contender on the field back in 2021. The actually had an easy blueprint to follow and QUIT TRYING TO BRING ANYONE IN TO PUT THE TEAM OVER THE TOP. In 2021, they needed a couple of legit left handed hitters in the everyday line-up to place in the outfield and 2nd base and didn't even try to do it. They needed a good two way catcher and FAILED TO DO IT. And they also needed a top notch left handed starting pitcher. What is the real pisser is that THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY to do it. THAT IS ON REINSDORF. PERIOD.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:27 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He's a home run or bust guy who has skillets for hands. The kid almost has 30 home runs, but he has a .270 on base percentage.

WRONG. He's overcome two significant ACL INJURIES and a cancelled season because of Covid. I don't know who the idiot was that put him in a no name league to "develop" but all credit should go to him and no one else for his ability to advance in DESPITE of their horse shit player development organization. He was the best power hitting prospect in the entire draft for cripes sake when they stupidly drafted a bunch of DH'S instead of two way prospects.

He also is a very good athlete. He has good speed for his body build and moves well at 3rd base and has a strong arm. In anykind of legitimate baseball organization, he would already in an all star.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:45 pm 

:lol: :lol: Very good athlete!

Luis Robert and Cody Bellinger are very good athletes.

Burger not so much

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Badrouge should get a shoutout for this thread.

But I’ve been advised not to do so due to some political shit.

I’m not Familiar w much of his work but this was a great thread
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

Burger not so much

:lol: :lol:

The Hawk is hilarious, he just doesnt know it.

Ill say this, for a big guy with 2 ACL surgeries, Burger runs the bases faster than you would think.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Burger not so much

Nope. All three are very good athletes. Burger was an excellent club hockey player and I'd bet the kid could be very much at least a collegiate level football player also. Robert and Bellanger are just different kind of athletes, they are long and lean while Burger is strong and tough. When I look at Burger, I remember Harmon Killebrew, Mike Schmidt, Tommy Davis, and Thurman Munson. Its too bad that he lost three years of player development time. With his body type and toughness, he might have been a legit prospect at catcher.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:36 pm 

I am sorry but really good athletes can play the infield without looking like they are carrying around skillets for hands.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:43 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Burger not so much

Ill say this, for a big guy with 2 ACL surgeries, Burger runs the bases faster than you would think.

That is very true. He is not slow and I would like to know what his 100 yard dash time was when he was in high school. My guess is somewhere around a 11.5 or so hundred meter dash. He might have run the 220 yard dash in high school?

I can be hilarious when I want to be. That is true. I have coached and taught baseball to hundreds of high school and college level kids some of whom who have played professionally, however.

What I'll also say about some kids is that many just do not look like they are good athletes. Burger is one of those guys. People see that big dome of his and his thick shoulders and legs and he just looks like he should be playing football or as a catcher in baseball. Obviously that guy has shown he belong in the major league line-up and has a chance to be not just good but very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Burger not so much

That is very true. He is not slow and I would like to know what his 100 yard dash time was when he was in high school. My guess is somewhere around a 11.5 or so hundred meter dash. He might have run the 220 yard dash in high school?

I can be hilarious when I want to be. That is true. I have coached and taught baseball to hundreds of high school and college level kids some of whom who have played professionally, however.

What I'll also say about some kids is that many just do not look like they are good athletes. Burger is one of those guys. People see that big dome of his and his thick shoulders and legs and he just looks like he should be playing football or as a catcher in baseball. Obviously that guy has shown he belong in the major league line-up and has a chance to be not just good but very good.

I'm not saying he's not athletic and he doesn't have a future. But I will say he has a lot of HRs and literally nothing else...at this time. He Ks, rolls it over to 3rd, or hits a HR. The .279 OBP completely negates the bombs.

Next year he turns 28. The start of his prime. I hope he gets better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Burger not so much

I'm not saying he's not athletic and he doesn't have a future. But I will say he has a lot of HRs and literally nothing else...at this time. He Ks, rolls it over to 3rd, or hits a HR. The .279 OBP completely negates the bombs.

Then I’ll say he’s unathletic and has no future.

I don’t doubt he can hit baseballs sometimes but he sucks in all other elements of the game. He’s a homeless man’s Adam Dunn.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Burger not so much

I don’t doubt he can hit baseballs sometimes but he sucks in all other elements of the game. He’s a homeless man’s Adam Dunn.

Great comp.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Lets hope the Sox don't give him $50 million too

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Burger not so much

Sox don't have a choice. Moncada's a bust. I'm leaving the door open even though more than likely, he's Schwarber, less the walks. Who also completely sucks, averages about 1 WAR a year, because he sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
My favorite part of the rebuild is watching Cubs fans post more about the Sox than their own team.

AND IT SHALL REMAIN THAT WAY

Nailed it.