It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
For a Sox fan, I would be most disappointed in having too many DH’s and the terrible defense.

The Cubs won a World Series with that model.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The best move of the entire rebuild was hiring Hall of Fame baseball person Tony LaRussa, a move that was immediately met with derision from the modern "woke" Sox fan.

History will show that the record produced by LaRussa with this collection of bums and misfits is one of the greatest managerial feats in baseball history.

Your ability to drag almost every topic back to "wokeness" is really astounding. Don't you ever get tired of talking about it?

It's quite pertinent to the discussion of this rebuild. Many (most?) people seem to believe that the rebuild was going great until LaRussa was hired. That is certainly the WSCR position.

What is the knock on a Hall of Fame manager as opposed to a guy who was repeatedly passed over by the Royals? It's clearly political and has ZERO to do with baseball.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:50 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
The James Shields trade. :lol:
The Sox are 21 games under .500 with little hope for even a decent 2024 season. Lance Lynn has the worst ERA in baseball among qualified starters. The Sox just lost two games in a row in their home ballpark to an average at best Cubs team. I could go on and on because there are about a hundred things to make fun of the White Sox for right now. So what do you do? Make to reference a trade that took place over eight years ago. The White Sox are on their 4th different manager since the Shields trade.

:lol: :lol: Yep, Cubs fans redefining stupidity as they post about the Sox will always be the best.

That was my favorite part of the rebuild. Trading away a future All-Star for a scrub journeyman pitcher (During a rebuild) :lol: Not my fault your team has been rebuilding for almost a decade :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
It was 2020 or 2021 when the Sox were battling for the division.

They had a series vs the Twins at home and the game got into the late innings.

Jose Abreu hit a routine grounder to the shortstop. He hustled and beat out the play to score the go ahead run.

Every Sox fan here and across the world were like OMG DID YOU SEE JOSE HUSTLE AND BEAT THAT THROW TO FIRST! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like if some miracle happened.

When you celebrate something so routine and expected from any MLB ball player like hustling on a grounder to beat the throw you know something is terribly wrong with your team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:54 pm 

My favorite moment was when HY switched over to be a Sox fan.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:55 pm 

RFDC wrote:

It was a joke!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
For a Sox fan, I would be most disappointed in having too many DH’s and the terrible defense.

No they didn't :lol: Bryant, Baez, Rizzo, Heyward, Russell, Zobrist, Almora, Fowler are not DH's with terrible defense :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:57 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No they didn't :lol: Bryant, Baez, Rizzo, Heyward, Russell, Zobrist, Almora, Fowler are not DH's with terrible defense :lol: :lol: :lol:

the 2016 cubs team defense was incredible. best in the history of the franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

HawaiiYou wrote:

the 2016 cubs team defense was incredible.

True, but that was quite surprising for a team that had Bryant at third, Russell at short, Zobrist all over, Soler and Fowler in the outfield and Montero and Contreras behind the plate. A lot of DHs mentioned there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:21 pm 

denisdman wrote:

The trading part of the rebuild was pretty good. They were terrible at drafting and free agency.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The trading part of the rebuild was pretty good.

Was it though? Sale and Eaton both won World Series. The Quintana deal doesn't seem great for either side so far, but there's still time for it to go okay for the Sox.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juiced wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Juiced wrote:
The James Shields trade. :lol:
The Sox are 21 games under .500 with little hope for even a decent 2024 season. Lance Lynn has the worst ERA in baseball among qualified starters. The Sox just lost two games in a row in their home ballpark to an average at best Cubs team. I could go on and on because there are about a hundred things to make fun of the White Sox for right now. So what do you do? Make to reference a trade that took place over eight years ago. The White Sox are on their 4th different manager since the Shields trade.

:lol: :lol: Yep, Cubs fans redefining stupidity as they post about the Sox will always be the best.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Just keep posting your inane dribble

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The best move of the entire rebuild was hiring Hall of Fame baseball person Tony LaRussa, a move that was immediately met with derision from the modern "woke" Sox fan.

History will show that the record produced by LaRussa with this collection of bums and misfits is one of the greatest managerial feats in baseball history.

Your ability to drag almost every topic back to "wokeness" is really astounding. Don't you ever get tired of talking about it?

It's quite pertinent to the discussion of this rebuild. Many (most?) people seem to believe that the rebuild was going great until LaRussa was hired. That is certainly the WSCR position.

What is the knock on a Hall of Fame manager as opposed to a guy who was repeatedly passed over by the Royals? It's clearly political and has ZERO to do with baseball.

The public/media reaction (which appeared to be what you were referencing) to the hiring of TLR is not pertinent to the Giolito trade nor any discussion about why the rebuild failed. Further, their managerial hirings were really not responsible for the rebuild's failure. There was no managerial candidate out there that would have changed this outcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Warren Newson wrote:
There was no managerial candidate out there that would have changed this outcome.

are you trying to claim that no one was blaming Larussa ? Pretty sure many thought if they just dumped him for a Little League coach the team would instantly be a WS contender . I mean there are still people saying how he set them back YEARS!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:51 pm 

I still think if the had hired Ozzie this offseason they would be in the playoff hunt. That team needs an ass kicking no nonsense manager.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Bagels wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
There was no managerial candidate out there that would have changed this outcome.

are you trying to claim that no one was blaming Larussa ? Pretty sure many thought if they just dumped him for a Little League coach the team would instantly be a WS contender . I mean there are still people saying how he set them back YEARS!!!

Those people are wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The Sox were one of the best open jobs when they shitcanned Ricky. They scoured the list of their former managers and settled on a long retired, 80 year old alcoholic with narcolepsy.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:09 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

the 2016 cubs team defense was incredible. best in the history of the franchise.

Maybe he was talking about the World Series he watched as a youth in 1908.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The public/media reaction (which appeared to be what you were referencing) to the hiring of TLR is not pertinent to the Giolito trade nor any discussion about why the rebuild failed. Further, their managerial hirings were really not responsible for the rebuild's failure. There was no managerial candidate out there that would have changed this outcome.

It's pretty well-documented how much I believe a manager's strategic decisions have to do with team success. That's about ZERO. But a manager does lead a ballclub. If we're saying LaRussa doesn't know how to do that even at his advanced age, I'm gonna disagree.

This team lays down on Grifol. I've even seen "great competitor" Lance Lynn pout and quit because an error was made behind him. It's brutal to watch.

It can't be denied that there was a good feeling surrounding this club prior to LaRussa being hired. I'm not sure what that's worth, but probably something. Then the media decided that hiring a Hall of Fame manager was a mistake. The fans picked that up.

In fact, it was minimally insignificant and he was arguably the best manager they've had since Ozzie's first few seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Sox were one of the best open jobs when they shitcanned Ricky. They scoured the list of their former managers and settled on a long retired, 80 year old alcoholic with narcolepsy.

And yet the he managed to win 93 games and a division with the same basic team that is currently 20+ games under .500.

I've NEVER been a fan of LaRussa. And I don't think the manager is very important. They should have just let Renteria try to finish the job.

But something has gone terribly wrong with this rebuild and many people want to blame LaRussa who is nowhere near this shitty team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And yet the he managed to win 93 games and a division with the same basic team that is currently 20+ games under .500
You can keep saying this over and over if you want, but its not true and never will be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And yet the he managed to win 93 games and a division with the same basic team that is currently 20+ games under .500.

I've NEVER been a fan of LaRussa. And I don't think the manager is very important. They should have just let Renteria try to finish the job.

But something has gone terribly wrong with this rebuild and many people want to blame LaRussa who is nowhere near this shitty team.

Put me in the camp of those who don’t buy that this year’s team is basically the same as the ‘21 Sox.

From a pure managerial perspective, he wrote forfeit on his lineup card every Sunday/getaway day, made sure Leury was an everyday player, called for IBBs in two strike counts, needed to be told by fans to pinch run for Eloy late in a game…his bullpen underperformed, but he routinely put guys in spots that exacerbated that weakness.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Put me in the camp of those who don’t buy that this year’s team is basically the same as the ‘21 Sox.

It's supposed to be better. Eloy, Robert, and Moncada should be in their prime and Leury isn't playing everyday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Lol, Eloy in his "prime"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Lol, Eloy in his "prime"

What hitter on the Cubs is better than Eloy?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's supposed to be better. Eloy, Robert, and Moncada should be in their prime and Leury isn't playing everyday.

Moncada isnt playing everyday either and Robert was an All Star this year. He's literally the best offensive player in the AL who isn't named Ohtani.

If LaRussa was so great, shouldn't the Sox have been better in 2022 then?

I know you're smart enough to log on to baseballreference.com to see just how different the team is today vs in 2021, but I'm here to help if you need a hand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
"Thanks Cubs!!"

Whatever happened to that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Lol, Eloy in his "prime"

What hitter on the Cubs is better than Eloy?

Based on 2023, Bellinger is better and Morel just as good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That’s as lazy as a Fox News narrative on BLM. Not surprising though. Kind of sad really.