It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Chris Getz
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hey if the Sox want to go all in on the nerd stats, that's fine by me. Its clearly something they haven't valued much of over the last several seasons. You think TLR gave a shit about WAR or that Pedro Grifol understand run differential?

Opposite of that. Jerry wants them to find scouts that analytical front offices deemed expendable.

Analytical people are a dime a dozen. A scout who can take a day and examine a pitcher's mechanics, his natural stuff, his flexibility and another day examining his genetic history and growth projection along with his ability to take instruction and his poise under pressure is what this organization hasn't seen since Buddy Bell, Al Lopez, and Don Gutteridge. The same thing also applies to a scout who can take a 17 year old kid from anywhere in the world and examine his bat to ball technique, his vision, and his ability to adapt to various pitches. Also, the make-up and toughness of a position player and potential ability to handle himself in a clubhouse containing men many of whom care only about themselves and care less for or are jealous of other's succeeding or the team's success.

I have never seen a big organization, accept mediocrity and failure for so long and then becoming the worst company in the business and remove the top two guys responsible for the company's failure and keep the others under them and expect those guys to fix things. Keeping Grifol as manager is pitiful and pathetic. HE FAILED TO MANAGE WHAT HE HAD for players and allowed the same fractured clubhouse that the drunk LaRussa had

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Worthless to even comment at this point. We know how this ends: A 97 year-old Reinsdorf replaces Getz with former player Mike Caruso, who's been coaching middle school ball in Texas.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caruso hung around independent leagues until his mid 30s because he loved the game and was hoping to get another shot at the bigs. There aren't many guys on the Sox 40 man with that sort of dedication.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caruso hung around independent leagues until his mid 30s because he loved the game and was hoping to get another shot at the bigs. There aren't many guys on the Sox 40 man with that sort of dedication.

David Eckstein is a free agent%

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

David Eckstein is a free agent%

Is Paul Konerko looking for a job?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

I would rather Konerko as manager than Grifol.

I never thought I would say this and actually mean it, but I would rather Ventura back as manager over Grifol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Terry Bevington still alive?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:19 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I never thought I would say this and actually mean it, but I would rather Ventura back as manager over Grifol.

If they are really trying to compete next season, you would think they would be open to having a veteran manager. Interesting to stick with the manager of the team when the owner says this is the worst season of his career.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob was right. They aren't going to pay Pedro to go away.

They will be different, but they will also do the same thing and just have a different guy as Executive so its the same message being delivered by a different person so they are in fact doing something different, but still the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Getz was shakey on M & H.

The 2-man leadership dynamic fogged the decision making in the end... Now that we're going to have a singular voice ....We're going to now make it more of a collaborative effort.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob was right. They aren't going to pay Pedro to go away.

They will be different, but they will also do the same thing and just have a different guy as Executive so its the same message being delivered by a different person so they are in fact doing something different, but still the same.

open, but operating differently.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/g ... ture/76441

Every time I hear Getz's name, I still think of this story.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

If they are really trying to compete next season, you would think they would be open to having a veteran manager. Interesting to stick with the manager of the team when the owner says this is the worst season of his career.

Exactly. What moves is Getz actually allowed to make? Can’t fire the manager, can’t make big money signings, but expect to compete in 2024 due to shitty division and bounce back seasons from entire roster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Abbey Pub
Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Exactly. What moves is Getz actually allowed to make? Can’t fire the manager, can’t make big money signings, but expect to compete in 2024 due to shitty division and bounce back seasons from entire roster.

I call a position like this a stupidvisor. They have a title, but no authority. How can we possibly succeed. We need to empower Chris in order to affect change.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

You leave my Friend Chris alone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He'll be allowed to go bargain hunting on 1 year deals.

He claims there are no untouchables, but it's hard to see the offense getting a large makeover with the contracts that in place.

LF benintendi
CF robert
RF ?????
3B Moncada
SS Anderson (????)
2B ?????? (probably the usual internal options)
1B Vaughn
C ??????? (perhaps one of the younger catches with a cheap veteran option)
DH Jiminez

At the very least, if they plan to compete, they do need a legitimate RF. They also need a veteran IF who could start 120 games and be a plus WAR player. With Moncada/Anderson/2B, they need a player who can play multiple positions who will play on regular basis.

SP - Only Cease and Kopech are on the roster, but can they really keep Cease if they aren't planning to pay him? Clevinger may actually be back since he wouldn't be expensive at about $12M.

This is where they would probably look to add 2 more veterans on a 1-2 year type deals. Maybe they move Jiminez for a starting pitcher under contract.

Maybe Dylan Cease is traded for 3 minor leagues including some legitimate young pitching.

The pitcher from the Marlins seemed to be close to the majors so perhaps he can be in contention for a #5 role. I doubt they can depend on Kopech/Crochet for an entire season, but there could be some possibilities there.

They should decline the option on Hendrick. They will have to add at least 2 veterans in the bullpen, maybe even 3. A closer may be one of those 3, but, hard to see them spending on more than a short-term deal.

So, I see a lot of short-term deals in play on the 3rd/4th tier of free agency, perhaps a Jiminez or Cease deal to continue reloading the minor league system, but I don't see any big names signing here and it's possible the White Sox will cut back on payroll while trying to fill holes with cheaper options.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I can't wait until Jerry drops dead so I can buy tickets for the next Sox home game and boo through the moment of silence.

I'm not stepping foot into the stadium until that happens. I'm seeing the Sox in KC next week and I'm thankful Jerry won't see a dime from me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Getz was on the score being all NPC. Bernstein pretty funny, other than that dragass tired 'mediocre white man'. Said JR put big boys clothes on him, combed his hair, and shoved him out there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:33 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I can't wait until Jerry drops dead so I can buy tickets for the next Sox home game and boo through the moment of silence.

edgy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:37 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

edgy

He ain't dying. Did you see that healthy son of a bitch?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I'm not stepping foot into the stadium until that happens. I'm seeing the Sox in KC next week and I'm thankful Jerry won't see a dime from me.

womp womp womp
https://www.baseball-reference.com/bull ... ue_sharing
Quote:
In Major League Baseball, 48% of local revenues are subject to revenue sharing and are distributed equally among all 30 teams, with each team receiving 3.3% of the total sum generated. As

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:43 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Getz was on the score being all NPC. Bernstein pretty funny, other than that dragass tired 'mediocre white man'. Said JR put big boys clothes on him, combed his hair, and shoved him out there.

was hahn a mediocre white man or ((()))

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

edgy
Ogie and LTG can take the same flight to Chicago from NW Arkansas (XNA).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:51 pm 

Usually when a baseball team is picked by analysts to win their division like the White Sox were, and this team fails not only to win the division but rather becomes one of the three worst baseball teams in all of baseball. the team's manager and probably their GM gets fired unless this record is really a departure from their norm, right?

So, they hired a putz last fall from a terrible team who never was a manager anywhere let alone a manager of a good team???? Also, they fired a GM who didn't win shit over his long tenure as VP/GM and replaced him with a SUBORDINATE WHO FAILED IN HIS LACKEY JOB during his tenure at that job.

I remember in my Master's program they had us do many business case studies which asked the student to analyze actual business cases and critique what the business did wrong and what they should have done differently. Some young hotshot in maybe the U of C should take a shot at writing a case study of the last 25 years of the Chicago Whitesox regime??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:08 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Anyone think like me that both Moncada and Jimenez are just jaking in order for the Sox to trade them somewhere else where they will suddenly get healthy and produce? Its happened before in baseball. Hell, its happened this year at the trading deadline.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:01 am 

Eloy is an unathletic klutz. His past is his future. He might get one lucky year where he doesn't trip over his own feet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nardi wrote:
Eloy is an unathletic klutz. His past is his future. He might get one lucky year where he doesn't trip over his own feet.

He is Carlos Quentin 2.0.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:
Reinsdorf was just a fan who thought he knew more than the professionals.

He needs a login here.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:09 pm 

Getz first team meeting:

Getz, "Hello, Binny's Beverage Depot. Change TLR's normal daily delivery from Jim Bean Bourbon to a 30 pack of Busch Light.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:11 pm 

The Hawk wrote:

So, they hired a putz last fall from a terrible team who never was a manager anywhere let alone a manager of a good team???? Also, they fired a GM who didn't win shit over his long tenure as VP/GM and replaced him with a SUBORDINATE WHO FAILED IN HIS LACKEY JOB during his tenure at that job.

Getz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next