It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Juiced wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
They should be grateful the As exist.

When the A's move to Las Vegas then the Sox will be the only team to not sign a 100MIL contract. :lol:

After Albert Belle, Reinsdorf said Never Again! :lol:

For the right player he would. Different sport, but he was willing to pay Kobe and give the Lakers whatever they wanted. He got directly involved in negotiations. I have no problem with his reluctance to overpay good to mediocre players. Particularly pitchers.

What evidence is there that the White Sox would pay a player that money? The only known attempt was going after Manny Machado, but their offer wasn't serious.

They won't give long-term deals to pitchers. That may be smart to avoid giving long-term deals to pitchers who break down or under-perform, but it eliminates them from most free agents who want anything beyond 2-3 years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The Sox Machine podcast recently had on Jim Callis from MLB Pipeline. He said that MLB Pipeline/MLB.com has been ranking prospects for 20 years and Colson Montgomery (#9) is the first White Sox drafted player ever to appear in the top 10 overall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:52 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
The Sox Machine podcast recently had on Jim Callis from MLB Pipeline. He said that MLB Pipeline/MLB.com has been ranking prospects for 20 years and Colson Montgomery (#9) is the first White Sox drafted player ever to appear in the top 10 overall.

part of that is a product of the sox promoting prospects too quickly because they desperately need them at the mlb level. They will probably do it with Montgomery as well. I'd keep in the minors in the entire year just to quarantine him from this shit show they are going to put on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 am 

I have a hard time believing he is actually #9. But maybe the kid will surprise me.

I saw a blurb the other day about the Sox having a bunch of guys in the top 100. Who else is that high besides Montgomery

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:59 am 

RFDC wrote:
I have a hard time believing he is actually #9. But maybe the kid will surprise me.

I saw a blurb the other day about the Sox having a bunch of guys in the top 100. Who else is that high besides Montgomery

I don't know. I find baseball prospect talk mind numbing. They are usually years away and the miss rate is so high. You'd think some of these people on line would get frustrated investing so much time on people who don't even get out of the minor leagues...and that is the much more common outcome then them making it only to be below average

I think a lot of them treat it like it is some hidden knowledge that they have and can lord it over us casuals who only like MLB. You get that a lot with music people also

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: What??
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I don't know. I find baseball prospect talk mind numbing. They are usually years away and the miss rate is so high. You'd think some of these people on line would get frustrated investing so much time on people who don't even get out of the minor leagues...and that is the much more common outcome then them making it only to be below average

I think a lot of them treat it like it is some hidden knowledge that they have and can lord it over us casuals who only like MLB. You get that a lot with music people also

You don't say.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Noah Schultz (the high school pitcher the Sox drafted a year after Montgomery) is also in the Top 100. I share RFDC's take on Montgomery. He's hit well, but not spectacularly, and the scouts don't like his defense at short.

In terms of prospects generally, I think every Sox player who cracked the Top 100 during the rebuild (with the exception of Blake Rutherford) actually made it to the Bigs. It's fun to chart the progress of these guys and see how they progress. Also, as a White Sox fan (with the exception of 2021), this is about all we've had for the past seven years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Warren Newson wrote:
Noah Schultz (the high school pitcher the Sox drafted a year after Montgomery) is also in the Top 100. I share RFDC's take on Montgomery. He's hit well, but not spectacularly, and the scouts don't like his defense at short.

Caller Roberta wrote:
So he's a white Tim Anderson. #SleepingGiants

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:44 pm 

Next former Royal up...

Mike Moustakas

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
RFDC wrote:
Next former Royal up...

Mike Moustakas

Moustakas or Sheets for the bench power bat? Sheets can occasionally stand in the outfield so that Eloy doesn't get hurt, and Moustakas can still play 3B for when Moncada inevitably falls apart.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Moustakas, who put up a robust -.5 WAR for the Angels last year. Again the moves of a #SleepingGiant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:46 am 

Building culture by employing washed up grizzled veterans. Wasn't the catcher enough? I mean, at least he's a catcher.

You're going to win 60, lose 60, and it's the other 40 that determines the season. Vegas has them winning 3 of those 40.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:57 am 

This team is going to be awful, and the July/August/Sept version of the team might be one of the worst ever, once they trade away anyone who has a pulse for the first half of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:04 am 

Nardi wrote:
Building culture by employing washed up grizzled veterans. Wasn't the catcher enough? I mean, at least he's a catcher.

You're going to win 60, lose 60, and it's the other 42 that determines the season. Vegas has them winning 3 of those 42.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The bright spot is a top 3 pick in the draft...

Oh wait....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

Here are a few that I'm aware of...Maybe it turns out to be a good list and it's definitely improved from a year ago.

Colson Montgomery - SS (#9 by MLB Pipeline)
Noah Schultz -LHP (#50 by MLB Pipeline)
Edgar Quero - C
Bryan Ramos - 2B (but seen him listed as 3B also)
Nick Nastrini - RHP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:

You're going to win 60, lose 60, and it's the other 42 that determines the season. Vegas has them winning 3 of those 42.
Last year they were 1-39 in those other 40, so moving up!

Moose is a total Sox move. He's a non roster invitee so if he tears it up in camp, he makes the club. You hope for lightning in a bottle and the Sox need some depth on their bench anyway. My guess is he's GONE! by St Pats day. Its really a no risk move, so its easy to see why Bob doesn't understand it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Get ready for the praise of leadership, availability, players in touch with body going on IL, 75 ops+ mentors showing how to do things the right way, "these guys don't give up", culture, and clubhouse presence. There'll be guys praised for recommitment, making good outs, pitchers bombed but a lot of soft contact. There'll be a clubhouse comedian praised for his levity. The announcers will borrow Boog's "we tend to focus too much as media and fans on wins and losses."

All with a bleak future while losing around 100 games with mostly cheap has-beens, journeymen, or cast-off failures from other teams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Haugh giving it to Levine good this morning over Reinsdorf’s absolute gall to ask the public for 1.2b while also giving the fans a putrid team. Bruce was completely exposed as Jerry’s acolyte (which we’ve known).

It's just one bad baseball thought after another. When Haugh brought up Reinsdorf never having signed a $100m player, Levine responded, "you mean he's never made a $100m mistake." He then said David was wrong because the Sox offered $300m to Machado :lol: and Harper :lol: :lol:, and that they already have a $400m player on the roster (Luis Robert). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now he's saying Tim Anderson shouldn't sign with the Marlins (the only offer he's allegedly received) because teams will sign him to a 2-3 year deal when their SS gets hurt. And he "liked what he saw" out of Anderson at the end of last year.

What a moron.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:44 pm 

Bruce Levine also said, "Mike Moustakas has been a plus wherever he's played". (50m+ 76 ops+ '21 into '24).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:21 am 

Journeyman!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Is this embarrassing? It seems embarrassing…

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:02 pm 

No. Embarrassing is when they hold Eloy Jimenez out of the drill for fear of an injury and he ends up tearing a rotator cuff adjusting his sunglasses.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Look, do you want them to work on fundamentals or not?!?!?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
KDdidit wrote:

Right?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:55 pm 

pittmike wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Right?

Saving a raspberry, I guess. But it looks like catching a spike in a tarp might also be a problem. Last guy got caught up in it. So I give it a A+ in worthless. Not a one did a popup.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
What I thought fundamentals meant: throwing, catching and situational hitting

The KC way: let’s slide into a pillow

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:40 pm 

Do I want them practicing fundamentals? Yes

Is it embarrassing that the White Sox HAVE TO practice fundamentals? Yes

Do I expect them to:
be able to execute a run down on the bases (as the fielding team)? No
utilize the cut off man? No
win more than they lose? No

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:14 am 

yes, for the woman with the dumpy ass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:15 am 

have you guys really not seen that sliding equipment before? That's not a new invention

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 573 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next