It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm 

You are acting like the idea of bonus pools is some high level concept.

Either say "Where you pick in round 2 doesn't matter" or move on. The fact you are pulling a Dr Style in this thread by not actually answering anything is funny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
You can get the same graded player at the end of round 2 as the beginning(depending on your pool $$$), so explain me the uber importance of draft order in round 2+.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:22 pm 

Go ahead and make the argument that there is no difference between the first pick and the last pick in round 2 if you want.

Also, just for fun, what is the bonus pool allocation for the first pick in the second round and what is the bonus pool allocation for the last pick in the second round. Not asking this for any specific reason that I will then use against you in a later post. I promise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
The White Sox announced that third baseman Yoán Moncada has been placed on the 10-day injured list due to a left adductor strain, with outfielder Oscar Colás recalled in a corresponding move. The club estimates that Moncada will miss three to six months.

:lol: :lol:

It's probably going to be a similar timeline for Robert. You can't make this stuff up.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 pm 

Brick wrote:
Go ahead and make the argument that there is no difference between the first pick and the last pick in round 2 if you want.

Also, just for fun, what is the bonus pool allocation for the first pick in the second round and what is the bonus pool allocation for the last pick in the second round. Not asking this for any specific reason that I will then use against you in a later post. I promise.

You keep thinking the MLB draft is like the NFL draft(where a high second round pick is so much more valuable than a late 2nd). They are nothing alike. Until you attempt to educate yourself on the subject this discussion is going nowhere.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:28 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

You keep thinking the MLB draft is like the NFL draft(where a high second round pick is so much more valuable than a late 2nd). They are nothing alike. Until you attempt to educate yourself on the subject this discussion is going nowhere.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:29 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's higher but why do players with lower grades get drafted high in the 2nd round? Because teams want to grab a guy who will sign for lower and bank the savings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:30 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's higher but why do players with lower grades get drafted high in the 2nd round? Because teams want to grab a guy who will sign for lower and bank the savings.

Don't make me break my promise by asking bad questions that undercut your own point already.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:43 pm 

You don't even know how the MLB draft works. But take your shot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:26 pm 

With the first pick in the second round you get first choice and more overall bonus pool money. That's better than the last pick in the second round.

Glad I could educate you on something that is my 9th favorite sport.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:53 pm 

Is a difference of less than a million in round 2 and even less after that. Just stop doing this to yourself :lol:

Meanwhile, where is cashman? I want to know what he wants the Sox to do with their phantom #1 overall pick in 2025 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:28 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Is a difference of less than a million in round 2 and even less after that. Just stop doing this to yourself :lol:

Isn't your point about the allocation of bonus pool money being important? So having more is good. Correct?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
The White Sox announced that third baseman Yoán Moncada has been placed on the 10-day injured list due to a left adductor strain, with outfielder Oscar Colás recalled in a corresponding move. The club estimates that Moncada will miss three to six months.

:lol: :lol:

It's probably going to be a similar timeline for Robert. You can't make this stuff up.

What a flipping joke. This group was not good enough to win anything from jump.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Grifol gives up an out to bunt a guy to 3rd, when Maldonado and his .091 avg is due up.

Just mind numbingly stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
This ballgame is ovah.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Brian Shaw in the 10th not ideal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Grifol gives up an out to bunt a guy to 3rd, when Maldonado and his .091 avg is due up.

Because he pinch ran for Vaughn in the 8th. Never pinch run for your "best" hitters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:21 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Brian Shaw in the 10th not ideal.

That changeup to Naylor was pretty funny. He tossed it up there like a 10 yr old would throw a changeup

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Because he pinch ran for Vaughn in the 8th. Never pinch run for your "best" hitters.
Hey, at least Vaughn was on base.

Dont give a free out. Let the guys swing away with a runner on 2nd.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:46 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Hey, at least Vaughn was on base.

Dont give a free out. Let the guys swing away with a runner on 2nd.

Yeah, that too. Just saying how one bad decision led to the next bad decision. I don't remember who was hitting but I'm 100% sure it was a stumblebum.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Meanwhile, where is cashman? I want to know what he wants the Sox to do with their phantom #1 overall pick in 2025 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is so stupid, just stop. I mean sure you can argue the magnitude of the difference between 1.1 and 1.30 vs. and 2.1 and 2.30. But arguing there is no difference between 2.1 and 2.30 is just stupid.

Just stop.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:56 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
I don't remember who was hitting but I'm 100% sure it was a stumblebum.
Right. Like 37 of the guys on the 40 man right now are scrubs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It is really hard to imagine a general manager wanting to sign a guy who can't even hit at the Mendoza line level. it is truly amazing. This bum is not a prospect who maybe could improve his hitting down the road. So, the idiots of the White Sox staff, couldn't find ANYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD OF BASEBALL that could perhaps help a shitty team get any better. DISGUSTING :evil:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Does it matter where they draft when they can just keep signing every pre-injured Cuban on the market?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Does it matter where they draft when they can just keep signing every pre-injured Cuban on the market?

and make sure they're locked up for 8 years

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:32 pm 

The season has been surprisingly fun viewing just to see how bad they could be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Cubs Fans wrote:
Yup.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Cubs Fans wrote:
Yup.

A gay man said the same thing. Could it be the same man?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:39 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Cubs Fans wrote:
Yup.

A gay man said the same thing. Could it be the same man?

This gapped tooth bitch?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Watched it go from 1-0 with 2 outs in the 3rd, to 5-0. I'm out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next