It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Schriffen does yeoman’s work. If this team is ever good again, he’s going to be loved. Guy gets hyped over little things, like Gavin Sheets talking about how great it is to have Eloy protecting him in the order (while Sheets is watching a slider cross over the middle of the plate).

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm 

Mendick showing up tonight again with a couple well struck balls. No rest for mendick.

Edit: now the guy is stealing bases through sheer pluck. Incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
You gotta put someone else in other than Maldonado

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm 

Darkside wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Had a 4 game losing streak to open the season, then a 5, then a 6, now currently on a 5.

Still 7 games left in April.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nardi wrote:
Had a 4 game losing streak to open the season, then a 5, then a 6, now currently on a 5.

Still 7 games left in April.

:lol: So many ways to describe the futility. Also on pace to finish 99 games behind Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:47 am 

How bad is this offense? Danny Mendick is 3rd in WAR after 9 ABs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:48 am 

I don't know about other Sox fans, but I'm having a great time. I can find an insane stat EVERY DAY.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:34 am 

Nardi wrote:
I don't know about other Sox fans, but I'm having a great time. I can find an insane stat EVERY DAY.

I just want JR to wear this

Unfortunately, I think he is impervious to criticism. I would be as well as an 88 year old billionaire.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
On Saturday Bruce Levine said this wasn’t a White Sox problem but an MLB problem, referencing other “bad teams like the Marlins.” Lololol.

he was on an hour or so ago w/ Mully and haugh and they all agreed the Sox shouldn't give up on the season :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am 

Bagels wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
On Saturday Bruce Levine said this wasn’t a White Sox problem but an MLB problem, referencing other “bad teams like the Marlins.” Lololol.

he was on an hour or so ago w/ Mully and haugh and they all agreed the Sox shouldn't give up on the season :lol:

Not with the Cleveland Spiders on their front bumper and the '62 Mets on their rear bumper. 88 and a billionaire or not, this is not a legacy Reinsdorf wants any part of. He will become a desperate man come May.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
turned the game on in the 7th inning. I just knew they'd find a way to blow it. Every time I watch this year's white sox, I come back to this article on the worst teams in MLB history
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/288 ... lb-history

3-20 with a .130 matches the 1899 Cleveland Spiders, but I'm sure at some point they'll string together a few wins. I seriously think this team is going to finish worse than the 2018 Orioles and the 2003 Tigers.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 am 

BigW72 wrote:
I seriously think this team is going to finish worse than the 2018 Orioles and the 2003 Tigers.

Just out of dumb luck, and a few "hot" streaks, you'd think they could win 50 games (still completely awful historically). But when you actually look at them, you wonder how that happens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: The Forum
Bagels wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Hey -um, so listen: I don't know that we can win more than once every week, but that was an awesome comeback, I think, uh, everybody was-uh, was kind of-uh, by, by the 8th inning we were lulled into that MLB-uh win probability, but-uh, man the Twins had a spectacular-uh response in the late innings and, down 5-2 and coming back like that, it's gotta hurt the clubhouse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Schriffen does yeoman’s work. If this team is ever good again, he’s going to be loved.
I have not watched nearly as many games as usual, but agree. Schriffin has been very good. I can't imagine it's easy for any of the announcers to keep calling and watching this brand of baseball.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:46 pm 

They haven't gone more than 3 games without being shut out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 pm 

The Sox broke their tie in HRs with Mike Trout. How will Trout respond?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
casual fan wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
I seriously think this team is going to finish worse than the 2018 Orioles and the 2003 Tigers.

Just out of dumb luck, and a few "hot" streaks, you'd think they could win 50 games (still completely awful historically). But when you actually look at them, you wonder how that happens.

I'll take the under on 50 wins....they're not getting 50.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

After falling to 3-25, the '03 Tigers went on a 'hot streak' to get to 7-25. May was the only month they had double digit wins. They were 14-39 in June & July that year. We're looking at a similar season with this year's Sox.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:50 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
After falling to 3-25, the '03 Tigers went on a 'hot streak' to get to 7-25. May was the only month they had double digit wins. They were 14-39 in June & July that year. We're looking at a similar season with this year's Sox.

This is obviously new territory for us and you make sense, but there isn't a single thing they do well. They can lose games a dozen different ways. Not to mention the manager can't read a game, the pitching coach belongs back in high school, and the GM is both hamstrung and without any talent in the minors. I guess you can win 40+ games based on history but still....

Going for their 7th loss in a row today, which would be their high point so far in futility. Twins are -210

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Darkside wrote:

He has to be in the top few MOST OVER-RATED GUYS in major league baseball history. HOW THIS GUY has been in major league for along long time and making significant bank is crazy. :roll: :roll:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This is obviously new territory for us and you make sense, but there isn't a single thing they do well. They can lose games a dozen different ways. Not to mention the manager can't read a game, the pitching coach belongs back in high school, and the GM is both hamstrung and without any talent in the minors. I guess you can win 40+ games based on history but still....

Going for their 7th loss in a row today, which would be their high point so far in futility. Twins are -210

Is this what has become of the White Sox fan base? Figuring out ways your team does not end up the worst season in Major League history! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad what Reinsdorf has done to this city. MLB and the NBA should force him to sell his teams to owners who are committed to winning. Reinsdorf would be a perfect owner for a minor league team. He fills his major league team with them anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
but there isn't a single thing they do well.
They make mistakes very well. They seem to be good at losing. They still have problems with the fundamentals of the game. There isn't a single thing that helps them win that the Sox do well, but the bad things of the game they're great at!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Hawk wrote:
Darkside wrote:

He has to be in the top few MOST OVER-RATED GUYS in major league baseball history. HOW THIS GUY has been in major league for along long time and making significant bank is crazy. :roll: :roll:

Not sure why they didn't go after Caratini. He's not great(he always murders the Cubs though) but is a good backup catcher. Every move they make is wrong and stupid. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 pm 

The pickup of Maldonado was soundly denounced by the fan base. Of course you had the media asslickers who thought it was just dandy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Vaughn has more stolen bases (1) than he does home runs (0) on the season so far.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:40 pm 

just got Twins -1.5 at +155

knew there was no way the Sox got more than 1 run out of that opportunity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
From The Athletic...

Here are my 10 biggest disappointments, the ones that have pulled at my heartstrings the most.

1. The White Sox’s historically bad start
The White Sox are the worst team in MLB and have a strong chance of losing well over 100 games this season. They’re 3-21, a .125 winning percentage, and already find themselves 14 games behind the division-leading Guardians in the AL Central. They were shut out eight times in their first 22 games.

To make matters worse, there doesn’t seem to be much of a pathway for them to fix their many issues. The White Sox rank 30th out of 30 teams in runs scored, home runs, batting average and OPS. Their offseason design for this team has been a complete failure. They made it a priority to improve defensively up the middle but seemed to not take offense into account when making moves. They added catcher Martín Maldonado, who hit under .200 last year with the Astros; he’s hitting .048 this season. They signed Paul DeJong to play shortstop after the Cardinals and other teams decided to move on from him (and his career on-base percentage of around .300); he’s hitting .204 with a .259 OBP. They acquired Nicky Lopez via trade to play second base after he was merely an extra player with both the Royals and Braves. Yes, all three were defensive upgrades but also offensive downgrades.

The worst part of their offseason plan was how they built their starting rotation. I ranked their Opening Day rotation as the worst in the majors. Their initial group had only one pitcher who had logged 100 or more innings last year in the majors — Chris Flexen, who also came with a 2023 ERA well north of 6.00. (In early April they re-signed Mike Clevinger, who logged 131 1/3 innings last year, but he has yet to make a big-league start.) The rest of the rotation included Garrett Crochet (12 2/3 innings in MLB in 2023), Michael Soroka (32 1/3 innings), Erick Fedde (pitched in Korea last year) and rookie starters such as Jonathan Cannon. Yes, the White Sox are off to a terrible start, but wait until you see what their pitching looks like after the All-Star break, when many of their starters will be at inning odometer readings they can’t handle.

To make matters worse, their best player, Luis Robert Jr., is out with a strained hip flexor and will miss another month, while Yoán Moncada has a strained adductor and is expected to be out until August. Their farm system ranks 20th in baseball, according to MLB Pipeline, and they have few trade assets at the minor- or major-league levels. They are in a complete rebuild and it could take more than the typical five to seven years because of the new MLB Draft rules, a barren farm system and an owner who does not like to play checkbook baseball. But hey, at least there is solid deep dish pizza on the South Side of Chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:08 pm 

OP please edit the title and remove "offensive"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:30 pm 

Bagels wrote:
OP please edit the title and remove "offensive"

I only saw that it was the worst offense in history on April 8th. Who knew, at this late date, that they would be the worst team in history?

Anyways, good news. They are due for a shutout tomorrow. If they don't get shutout tomorrow, it's improvement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next