It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Refund
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 am 

Does anyone know when the white sox are giving a refund for yesterday's game. Certainly they would not expect me to pay full price for watching an infield of Mackowiak, Richar, Uribe and Cintron, along with both Podsednik AND Owens in the outfield (not to mention Toby Hall).

Vazquez should have put something foul into Ozzie's post game dinner for making him pitch for that lineup. The guy threw nearly perfecty for 8 innings and still could not win the game.

Oh, and while I am at it, I have another example of why Ozzie is nothing more than an average manager. He gave us that pop gun lineup today, so you would naturally think they would scratch for runs. When Owens finally got the first hit to lead off the 4th, you would naturally think that Cintron would bunt. That would give the only 2 guys who could do damage in the lineup, Thome and Dye, an at bat with a RISP. Cintron made one weak attempt and then nothing.

Then Thome draws a 2-0 count with one out. You have your fastest player on, in a situation where you are trying him out for next year. There is a righty on the mound and the backup catcher in the game. There is no way the Jays are going to pitch out. It was a perfect time to steal. Nothing.

We all know Ozzie ball was always a fraud. However, I have read too many times recently that Ozzie has been given a team this year that does not match his chosen style of play. Here he is given his type of players and does nothing.

Thanks Ozzie for that wonderfull day at the ballpark yesterday. I will now go back to my factory job as this game is obviously too complicated for someone like me to understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:27 am 
1000 CLUB

I have no idea why Konerko had to have 2 days off in this 3 game Blue Jay series. Friday and Saturday Konerko sat.

I know the season is over but I've never seen an acomplished player like Konerko not play 2 games in 3 days while being healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, that lineup yesterday was disgusting. I understand giving AJ the rest, but Konerko and Fields as well ? That was disgusting, not to mention, I am toasted today after being in the sun all day yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:42 am 
1000 CLUB

It's even worse when you consider that the Sox have off today. So Konerko has 3 days off in 4 days.

Look, if Konerko's hurt say so. I'm pretty sure he's not because they played him Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:43 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
It's even worse when you consider that the Sox have off today. So Konerko has 3 days off in 4 days.

Look, if Konerko's hurt say so. I'm pretty sure he's not because they played him Saturday.

Yeah, if there is an injury, I'm ok with it, but if they are just resting him to rest him, then that's just stupid. Play the guy, he's one of your best players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:45 am 

I agree with the White Sox strategy. Normally as a fan I wouldn't but this is a rare set of circumstances. If this helps them draft Greg Oden then I hope they lose every game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:25 am 

Why is everyone bitching about the White Sox lineup? If they have no chance to win anything, then what's the difference...you might as well played the younger guys to see what they can do and give the older guys a rest. Besides, Konerko played on Saturday, I was a the game....Buerhle should have stayed in for the ninth, he was at 101 pitches after 8 and they couldn't touch him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
For the rest of the year, I will be betting against the Sox every Sunday home game. Ozzie has been pulling this shit with the lineups all season. I went to the KC game on May 13. The Sox were on a four-game winning streak, and with an 18-15 record, the season was not lost yet. This is the starting lineup he threw out:

Ozuna DH
Uribe SS
Dye RF
Konerko 1B
Crede 3B
Iguchi 2B
Sweeney LF
Terrero CF
Molina C

This is when Konerko and Dye weren't even hitting their weight.

Last edited by Chus on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:40 am 

WestmontMike wrote:
Why is everyone bitching about the White Sox lineup? If they have no chance to win anything, then what's the difference...you might as well played the younger guys to see what they can do and give the older guys a rest. .

1) Did I mention I spent my hard earned money on a ticket.

2) I could handle young up and comers. Hall, Mackowiak, Uribe, Cintron and Podsednik do not fit that description

3) Players, especially catchers, need a break...but not all at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:53 am 

good dolphin wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:
Why is everyone bitching about the White Sox lineup? If they have no chance to win anything, then what's the difference...you might as well played the younger guys to see what they can do and give the older guys a rest. .

1) Did I mention I spent my hard earned money on a ticket.

2) I could handle young up and comers. Hall, Mackowiak, Uribe, Cintron and Podsednik do not fit that description

3) Players, especially catchers, need a break...but not all at once.

....I agree with you, but anytime I say something good about the White Sox I only hear how bad this team is and how they have no chance and cry cry cry like little babies (not from you dolphin but you get the idea)....
besides, Ozzie was pulling this shit with the lineups in '05.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:23 pm 

Quote:

Could there be another reason Konerko didn't play? I read in the Trib on Sat. that he would probably be out of the lineup on Sunday, so someone from the Sox told the beat writer. That's a lot of rest for a guy who's in the lineup 150+ each year, especially 2 weeks after the all-star break.

Could trader Kenny be working on a deal??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

NotInTheBiz wrote:
Quote:

Could there be another reason Konerko didn't play? I read in the Trib on Sat. that he would probably be out of the lineup on Sunday, so someone from the Sox told the beat writer. That's a lot of rest for a guy who's in the lineup 150+ each year, especially 2 weeks after the all-star break.

Could trader Kenny be working on a deal??

That was my first thought as well. If they do trade him they better get the offer of a lifetime back in return. He's locked in for too long at such a reasonable salary to have to try to find yet another replacement from the minors at 1b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

I thought of this too but that shouldn't be a factor. If he's traded during the game you just pull him. No big deal. Dye played Sunday. He could have been traded during the game.

Plus, you're right. Ozzie announced on Friday that he'd be sitting Konerko 2 out of 3 in this series. That proves he wasn't hurt. Becasue if he was you'd sit him out back to back games to heal a minor injury or whatever.

It doesn't matter. I know. They're out of it. Still, you want to be competitive with the players you have on your roster. Plus Dolphin paid good money and I'm upset on Dolphin's behalf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
hawkeye wrote:

That was my first thought as well. If they do trade him they better get the offer of a lifetime back in return. He's locked in for too long at such a reasonable salary to have to try to find yet another replacement from the minors at 1b.

No Casey Rogowski love?

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Stinkfinger The Crow wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

No Casey Rogowski love?

*vomits* if you're going to do that, just give up those arms you get for Dye and get Gload back from KC. Not a big fan from what I've seen out of Rogowski so far. Who knows though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:24 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Plus Dolphin paid good money and I'm upset on Dolphin's behalf.

Bless you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
I agree with your barfing assessment.

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:07 pm 

If it makes you feel any better dolphin, the 2 runs that the White Sox scored in the game I went to on Saturday were scored and driven in by the duo of Jerry Owens and Danny Richar....hardly the guys I paid to see hit the ball. However I did pick up a baseball card from the "Beer Dude"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:57 am 

I 2nd the refund motion. It makes it worse that I had to pay over face value before the season. Then Pods had to give me a proverbial kick in the groin by dropping that ball right in front of me.

Post subject: Re: Refund
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
Does anyone know when the white sox are giving a refund for yesterday's game. Certainly they would not expect me to pay full price for watching an infield of Mackowiak, Richar, Uribe and Cintron, along with both Podsednik AND Owens in the outfield (not to mention Toby Hall).

Vazquez should have put something foul into Ozzie's post game dinner for making him pitch for that lineup. The guy threw nearly perfecty for 8 innings and still could not win the game.

Oh, and while I am at it, I have another example of why Ozzie is nothing more than an average manager. He gave us that pop gun lineup today, so you would naturally think they would scratch for runs. When Owens finally got the first hit to lead off the 4th, you would naturally think that Cintron would bunt. That would give the only 2 guys who could do damage in the lineup, Thome and Dye, an at bat with a RISP. Cintron made one weak attempt and then nothing.

Then Thome draws a 2-0 count with one out. You have your fastest player on, in a situation where you are trying him out for next year. There is a righty on the mound and the backup catcher in the game. There is no way the Jays are going to pitch out. It was a perfect time to steal. Nothing.

We all know Ozzie ball was always a fraud. However, I have read too many times recently that Ozzie has been given a team this year that does not match his chosen style of play. Here he is given his type of players and does nothing.

Thanks Ozzie for that wonderfull day at the ballpark yesterday. I will now go back to my factory job as this game is obviously too complicated for someone like me to understand.

I see a lot of these posts from you in 2017, 2018, and probably 2019.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Goddamnit Kamps...I was trying to forget that Danny Richar and Alex Cintron ever played for the Sox.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Leave it to Camps to revive a 8 year old zombie thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
sjboyd0137 wrote:
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Goddamnit Kamps...I was trying to forget that Danny Richar and Alex Cintron ever played for the Sox.

I would have thought the Jerry Owens mention would have got to you...talk about a pop-gun player...6'3'' 200 lbs and only hit 1 HR over 4 years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I had honestly forgotten Jerry Owens ever existed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:07 pm 

I'm sure there is a post out there where I thought Richar was going to be a good player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I had honestly forgotten Jerry Owens ever existed.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/owensje01.shtml

Image :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, well I was probably expecting a decent playoff run from the 1st place Cubs that season, so good job 2007 Chicago baseball.