It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ozzie...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:52 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Thanks for the world Series Title.

But your shelf life has expired. Hopefully your expiration date is at hand.

Post subject: Re: Ozzie...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah really! Its Ozzie's fault Contreras, Quentin, and Konerko go hurt down the stretch. Its Ozzie's fault that after calling out Vazquez, he still went out there and pitched like a jagoff. Its Ozzie's fault that ever since Jenks and Linebrink went on the DL, nobody in that pen has executed.

:roll: Please.

I'm not saying Ozzie is innocent here, because he's made some wierd moves, but the players are at fault for this collapse, not any member of the coaching staff. Anybody that has any intelligence and/or has watched this team at all realizes this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
He shouldn't have brought back all his starters on three days rest, for one thing. I don't think you blame this on Ozzie though. I think this was built to be an 85 win team, and now things are just evening back out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:34 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
He shouldn't have brought back all his starters on three days rest, for one thing. I don't think you blame this on Ozzie though. I think this was built to be an 85 win team, and now things are just evening back out.

Would have been nice for our cocky GM to get some pitching better than Horacio Ramirez.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Thanks for the world Series Title.

But your shelf life has expired. Hopefully your expiration date is at hand.

I was an Ozzie detractor before this season. I think he has done his best job this year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:39 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yeah really! Its Ozzie's fault that after calling out Vazquez, he still went out there and pitched like a jagoff.....

....on 3 days rest - again! (BTW, who makes the decision to pitch Vazquez on short rest?)

That one is 100% on Ozzie. If you don't have faith in him, question his toughness, and doubt his ability - then stop using him on short rest.

And it backfired.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:46 pm 

The blame for this goes in the following order....
1. The players--they did not execute. Ozzie put them in the right spots (other than the whole BA thing) MOST of the time.
2. Kenny--When the holes appeared, he did not plug them. A lack of speed, the need for more bullpen help, and the need for an extra starter was pretty obvious shortly after the break. Kenny did not get it done.
3. Ozzie--Sure he made some moves that did not work out. When you think about how this season really went, it might be his second best managerial job. He lost one of the 3 guys that hit in the first half (Crede) in July, his second best relief pitcher for more than a third of the season, and the MVP of the AL for the last 3 weeks. When you think about it, it is suprising they did as well as they did.

That being said, I am sick to my stomach that they even need tomorrow's game. If they do not win the division, it will because they lost 3 straight to the Twinkies. And other than the Bat Boy, I think Ozzie was least to blame for that massacre. He had no options in the pen--crap and crap. My biggest gripe was playing Griffey in CF so much. But, I do not think that even really costed them a single game. In fact, Griffey was one of the only guys that actually hit in Minnesota. Bottom line, they choked and even if they win the division, they are done by Columbus Day. Ozzie was not given a winning hand.