It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
About a week ago I swore someone posting something about signing Podds and that would never happen?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Was it SHARK, he has been doing that a bit lately.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Psycory wrote:
Was it SHARK, he has been doing that a bit lately.

Psycory, try a conversation on "White Sox Live" before the baseball season on The SCORE...Brian "The Whipping Boy" Paruch, who is holding court as I type this message on 670 AM, mentioned that a caller mentioned a Pods signing during a chat tonight with the SCORE's Joe Cowley, also from the Sun-Times, in the wake of DeWayne Wise's separated shoulder & subsequent call-up of Jerry Owens after yesterday's 10-6 Sox win in Detroit. SHARK had nothing to do with Owens or Podsednik signing a minor league contract with Triple "A" Charlotte...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Halfpint wrote:
Didn't like it when it was suggested and still don't like it. This guy is the most fragile pretty boy to ever play the game.

Pretty boy or not, he still outkicked his coverage marrying Lisa Dergan... :shock:

http://www.top10.com.es/wordpress/wp-co ... dergan.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
bigfan wrote:
Funny Thing Happened to me

You gave KW some credit?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 pm 

signing a guy on a whim for the minimum and if he works fine. I have no issue with that. Relying on that guy is another thing.

But the CF position is a huge F on Kennys report card since the Fire and the Passion left. When Dwayne Wise is the best you can offer over the last 2 years, thats pathetic.

Even Corey Patterson, who I think is on a minor league deal with Washington is better than anything they have had the last 2 years. Patterson has the great defense, speed to play the spot and at least can have his hot streaks. Kenny always asks "Who should we have signed". Well Patterson is one. Reed Johnson, free agent last year is another.Craig Monroe, on and on.

None of the guys I mentioned are great but they are head and shoulders above what Kenny has filled the spot with to date.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 pm 

bigfan wrote:
signing a guy on a whim for the minimum and if he works fine. I have no issue with that. Relying on that guy is another thing.

But the CF position is a huge F on Kennys report card since the Fire and the Passion left. When Dwayne Wise is the best you can offer over the last 2 years, thats pathetic.

Even Corey Patterson, who I think is on a minor league deal with Washington is better than anything they have had the last 2 years. Patterson has the great defense, speed to play the spot and at least can have his hot streaks. Kenny always asks "Who should we have signed". Well Patterson is one. Reed Johnson, free agent last year is another.Craig Monroe, on and on.

None of the guys I mentioned are great but they are head and shoulders above what Kenny has filled the spot with to date.
BigFan, I think the White Sox REALLY wanted Torii Hunter before the Anaheim Angels suddenly offered more $$$$ at the last minute and #48 ended up taking his "Web Gems" to Angel Stadium instead of U.S. Cellular Field over a year ago. Besides, I think the Sox goofed when Coco Crisp ended up going to division rival Kansas City in the offseason...Look, I realize teams everywhere have had to cutback their payrolls as a result of the economy, but center field for the Southsiders has been an embarrassment since Aaron Rowand went to Philadelphia & currently San Francisco after the World Series season of 2005. As for the here & now, Brian Anderson is a one-dimensional ballplayer in my opinion. #32 is really good with the glove, but he sucks as a hitter, and there's a good reason why Ozzie is very reluctant to play B.A. beyond late inning defense. You read it here, BigFan. The undeserving Jerry Owens is somehow going to earn the bulk of the playing time in Wise's absence, while Anderson & his agent are demanding a trade out of Chicago if Ozzie continues to be stubborn!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:37 pm 

Not getting a top free agent, has nothing to do with not being able to not find MLB players to fill your roster. I am not talking about GREAT players, I am talking about a guy like Frank Catalanato, who just got released.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:39 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Not getting a top free agent, has nothing to do with not being able to not find MLB players to fill your roster. I am not talking about GREAT players, I am talking about a guy like Frank Catalanato, who just got released.

Wasn't he with the Rangers and most recently the Blue Jays, BigFan? I know he's not the funnyman from the "FOX NFL Sunday" pregame who does dead-on imitations of Jack Nicholson, Jim Rome, Regis Philbin, former President George W. Bush, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 am 

They did draft Kenny Williams Jr a couple of years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
T-Bone wrote:
Halfpint wrote:
Didn't like it when it was suggested and still don't like it. This guy is the most fragile pretty boy to ever play the game.

Pretty boy or not, he still outkicked his coverage marrying Lisa Dergan... :shock:

http://www.top10.com.es/wordpress/wp-co ... dergan.jpg

I said it then, and I'll reiterate now....anyone who marries that and doesn't have groin muscle issues is even more of a fragile pretty boy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm 

What would it cost to get Lastings Milledge from the Nationals now that he has been sent to the minors?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:29 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
What would it cost to get Lastings Milledge from the Nationals now that he has been sent to the minors?

Good Dolphin, as Jimmy Piersall would say, "Who the hell is he?" :lol: Seriously, you'd think he & Reggie Willis from Anaheim would be upgrades over Brian Anderson, Jerry Owens, or whoever else is playing center field for the White Sox right now...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 pm 

Why the hell do you want a guy that can't stick on the shittiest team in baseball??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Why the hell do you want a guy that can't stick on the shittiest team in baseball??

Ask Good Dolphin, Keyser...He brought up that Milledge guy who was just let go by the Nats...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:57 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:

24 HR and 30+SB last year indicate that something else is going on here. He does have a bad attitude, but they let Elijah Dukes take his place. Who knows. I'm desperate here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 pm 

14 HR's and 24 SB's but I get your point. If they acquire a CF I'd like it to be a proven player. Otherwise I'm fine with BA.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:08 pm 

Jim Edmonds isn't busy. 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.