It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Quentin for real.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
good dolphin wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone to seriously call out Tiger Woods. The guy was a prototypical skinny dork even after his main growing years. Not anymore. But I'm sure it's just weight training.

no shit. i've been telling my wife this for years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:58 pm 

Ugie is NOT going to like this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:00 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I'm still waiting for someone to seriously call out Tiger Woods. The guy was a prototypical skinny dork even after his main growing years. Not anymore. But I'm sure it's just weight training.

Tiger Woods has called for advanced testing for the PGA tour and has a Jordan-like workout reputation.

If there was something there, there would be plenty of PGA tour golfers willing to being an "anonymous" source unless you buy into the fact that these guys love Tiger dominating the tour and the endorsement market.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
They should call out John Daly and Craig Stadler.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Tiger Woods has called for advanced testing for the PGA tour and has a Jordan-like workout reputation.

If there was something there, there would be plenty of PGA tour golfers willing to being an "anonymous" source unless you buy into the fact that these guys love Tiger dominating the tour and the endorsement market.

But golf is so different from other sports,in other sports, your teammates see you on an everyday basis, so they would be able to notice changes in your body, with golf everything is so private.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Riiight...so the guy who has been conditioned to be a PGA tour professional almost since birth, found the value of weight training only after college and several years on the tour.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:41 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Riiight...so the guy who has been conditioned to be a PGA tour professional almost since birth, found the value of weight training only after college and several years on the tour.

Weight training was not a major part of golf preparation prior to Tiger Woods showing what it can do. That is actually one of the biggest revolutions to the game and if you look at most of the up and coming stars they follow a strict weight training regiment. Tiger Woods is an athlete playing golf. It isn't a perfect theory, but before he changed things they weren't anywhere close to as athletic.

You could say the same thing about Jordan. He was skinny when he got into the league and he was older than when Tiger showed up. Many people have major trouble putting on weight until they are 20.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:49 pm 

[quote="Boilermaker Rick Tiger Woods is an athlete playing golf. It isn't a perfect theory, but before he changed things they weren't anywhere close to as athletic.
[/quote]

I pay zero attention to golf. What other athletic activities has he shown?

Your weight training theory is full of shit by the way. I remember seeing a 60 minutes piece on Greg Norman and his use of weights before Tiger began his domination.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:14 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I pay zero attention to golf. What other athletic activities has he shown?

Part of it is how he prepares. He does a lot more conditioning, weight training, and other non-golf related things. I don't really know if he can throw a football well or shoot a three pointer but he's stronger and more agile then most golfers. Especially in previous years, many golfers would hit a bunch of balls and work on getting a fundamentally sound swing. Tiger does that too, but he is known to take a more complete workout regimen. This was fairly unique in golf. There are now plenty of young golfers that have followed suit and even some older golfers, such as Phil Mickelson, have attempted to incorporate a stricter workout regimen. This is one of the reasons why Tiger was pushing for strict testing since he was seeing others quickly get stronger.

good dolphin wrote:
Your weight training theory is full of shit by the way. I remember seeing a 60 minutes piece on Greg Norman and his use of weights before Tiger began his domination.

So because a golfer lifted weights before Tiger my theory that Tiger Woods is the one who has spawned the next generation of stronger, more athletic golfers is full of shit? Take a look at how people looked on the PGA tour before Tiger showed up. Take a look now. There are still some pudgy guys who are good but most of the young up and coming players can hit the ball a mile, and look stronger. The players, especially the younger ones who were more influenced by Tiger, are becoming bigger and stronger.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:37 pm 

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
The first golfer I suspected was David Duval. He went from a fat ass mediocre tour player to a cut muscle bound player and supplanted Tiger as the world number one for a short time. I remember him shooting 59 in one tournament. He had an incredible year and a half and then disappeared. I don't know if he was on the juice, but I certainly had my suspicions, just as I do about Tiger.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

yeah gd. actually it probably can be.

it's not like tiger is bulging, nor did this happen overnight.

and i've said this before because, if you'd been paying attention, he *has* been called out at least on this board (which to drinky and goff is a damn important board, enough for public mentioning on the radio waves)--and i'll say the same thing i did then: how long has tiger been hitting the ball as long as he has been, and did you only start thinking about steroids after canseco? and, doing steroids doesn't help you putt. so why the fuck would you want to do them in golf.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Back to my original point in this thread, it would surprise me greatly if it came to pass that CQ was juicing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Back to my original point in this thread, it would surprise me greatly if it came to pass that CQ was juicing.

It would surprise me too. But in the world we live in, no player not even CQ or Tiger, is beyond suspicion.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:45 am 
100000 CLUB

I agree with a mere handful of exceptions; Frank Thomas being one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 am 

I know Frank is always given a pass and I am included in that group. However, I would be shocked if an SEC football player in the 80s was NOT juicing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 am 

W_Z wrote:
[and i've said this before because, if you'd been paying attention, he *has* been called out at least on this board (which to drinky and goff is a damn important board, enough for public mentioning on the radio waves)--and i'll say the same thing i did then: how long has tiger been hitting the ball as long as he has been, and did you only start thinking about steroids after canseco? and, doing steroids doesn't help you putt. so why the fuck would you want to do them in golf.

Pay attention? I only use this board to post my thoughts, not to read others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 am 

ok lets assume the skirt is clean...

that means this guy DID take Performance enhancing durgs

This guy DID NOT take Performance enhancing drugs

Just shows how misleading body type can be

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Pay attention? I only use this board to post my thoughts, not to read others.

liar.