It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sox @O's
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:38 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
By early May, Anderson was riding the pine. He was given barely a month to prove himself.

This is true. In fact, Anderson only had 181 plate appearances in the first 3 months of '06...and on a very inconsistent basis. Hardly what I'd call a fair shot. He sucked in those months, hitting .174.
But the last 3 months of the year he was able to turn it around a bit in his 214 plate appearances and hit .264 in those months, including 17 doubles.
Obviously he's not an all-star, but I can't say I really know what to expect from him if he plays every day because it hasn't happened. I'd assume he'd at least be pretty good for a #9 hitter with good enough power to hit a few out at the cell and provide excellent CF play...that sounds good to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
.240-50, 12-15HRs, 50 RBI

I think he's fully capable of that. He can do that, and play solid defense all year round, thats perfect for a #9 hitter. Plus, he has some decent speed. Not that he'll swipe a ton of bags, but he's easily able to go from 1st to 3rd or score from 2nd on a single.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Geez Brian Anderson is a non factor! Wait til he goes 0-25. If he was tradeable don't you think Kenny would have peddled his ass?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
.240-50, 12-15HRs, 50 RBI

I think he's fully capable of that. He can do that, and play solid defense all year round, thats perfect for a #9 hitter. Plus, he has some decent speed. Not that he'll swipe a ton of bags, but he's easily able to go from 1st to 3rd or score from 2nd on a single.

Uribe had those numbers out of the 9-hole and Ozzie LOVED him. I just don't get it.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:20 pm 

God damn it Quentin better not be hurt but that didn't look good. Shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm 

What happened?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:25 pm 

RFDC wrote:
What happened?

Got HBP on the left hand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:27 pm 

He was hit on the hand with a pitch. It got him flush so they pinch ran for him and he was taken in for x-rays. That SOB has to stop playing the role of the immovable object and learn to get the hell out of the way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Well thats fucking lovely.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:06 pm 

They said hes fine on postgame show, no Xrays needed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I wish Carlos Quentin wouldn't hang over the plate! If he wants to emulate Jose Canseco's batting stance, fine. I think he's cruisin' for a bruisin' every time #20 in silver & black continues to lean like he does...I don't think it's any accident that Quentin continues to get hit by pitches as often as he smacks the ball out of the ballpark since he came to the Southside in that trade with the D-Backs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:37 am 

spmack wrote:
How long has this battle of wits between Tall Midget and Good Dolphin been going on? I like it.....

Since the beginning of time.

The Bible tells us in Genesis Chapter 1 that "in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...". In a particularly galling example of censorship dating back to the Council of Nicea the following words were extracted from the original text "...He also created the wise and handsome good dolphin and his dull eyed, drooling adversary Tall Midget."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
spmack wrote:
How long has this battle of wits between Tall Midget and Good Dolphin been going on? I like it.....

The Bible tells us in Genesis Chapter 1 that "in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...". In a particularly galling example of censorship dating back to the Council of Nicea the following words were extracted from the original text "...He also created the wise and handsome good dolphin and his dull eyed, drooling adversary Tall Midget."

For our purposes, I would think the story of David and Goliath is more apropos--except if I hit you in the head with rocks catapulted from my sling, you probably wouldn't suffer an injury for obvious reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:05 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
That SOB has to stop playing the role of the immovable object and learn to get the hell out of the way.

Out of the way of his own stupidity? Self inflicted injuries are the Best!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
spmack wrote:

For our purposes, I would think the story of David and Goliath is more apropos--except if I hit you in the head with rocks catapulted from my sling, you probably wouldn't suffer an injury for obvious reasons.

:lol: You two are hilarious!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:25 pm 

I'm hillarious...he's derivative...I'd use the word straight man but I have my doubts