It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sox in free fall???
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm 

Supercup wrote:

Prolly has something to do with money.Poreda is on the BA Hot list, hes only walked two ppl all year, i belive, so dont quote me.
How come Beckham isnt up right now when he proved he can hit major league pitching?

The Poofer- the sox throw nickels around like man hole covers.

It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with the fact that they want to make sure they treat him right so that when he gets up here, he is absolutely ready to go. They don't want him pitching for a team that is still in it. Like Keyser said, when he gets called up, they want him to stay up. And the exact same thing holds true for Beckham.

The only way this might change is if they're completely out of it by mid-summer and they want to get those guys some low-pressure experience up here. Or if there are a ridiculous amount of injuries. But, even then, that is unlikely, too.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: cheese
Ranger wrote:

Quit lisping out politically correct mumbo jumbo, jerk on, cuz its getting older than the pre and post game bullshit that moron who hosts ejaculates from the mangina underneath his poorly grown mustache/bush, into the quiet, Chicago air.

The Cuban mistakel has been a non-factor so far, and thru your cookie cutter response, the Sox are better off using a human whindmill at the plate instead of giving Beckham, one of the best prospects in baseball, btw, a chance considering as of right now, hes a better defensive shortstop than Alexi, and with what Alexi is giving at the plate, couldnt be worse, yet, they dont want to rush a college drafted player who is putting up respectable numbers in a pitchers league in AA ball, who was drafted so he could be in the bigs sooner rather than later, because bring him up HAS NO EFFECT on his contractual status and starting his FA clock sooner than the Sox want to......uh, yeah, right.

Iam not even gonna get into the pitchers considering the Sox have dead weight in that rotation, two big piles of shitty dead weight, who arent doing this team any favors. Never mind that Richard was brought up last year when he wasnt mentally "ready", but contradicting an extreme glue/reisndorf seat cushion sniffer such as a mong such as you, isnt really that hard to do.

The Poofer- Go kick a middle school kid in the nuts, you might actually win.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 pm 

Beckham has 6 errors already at AA. His hitting has been good, but not eye popping. He is still a work in progress who NEEDS time in the minors. While he may be able to come up today and be adequate, I want him to come up and be great.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:18 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Beckham has 6 errors already at AA. His hitting has been good, but not eye popping. He is still a work in progress who NEEDS time in the minors. While he may be able to come up today and be adequate, I want him to come up and be great.

And the Cuban Fizzle or Lillibridge are better?

The Poofer- Beckham isnt the next Ripken, but sure as fuck isnt the next Theriot, either.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:48 pm 

Supercup wrote:
Ranger wrote:

Quit lisping out politically correct mumbo jumbo, jerk on, cuz its getting older than the pre and post game bullshit that moron who hosts ejaculates from the mangina underneath his poorly grown mustache/bush, into the quiet, Chicago air.

The Cuban mistakel has been a non-factor so far, and thru your cookie cutter response, the Sox are better off using a human whindmill at the plate instead of giving Beckham, one of the best prospects in baseball, btw, a chance considering as of right now, hes a better defensive shortstop than Alexi, and with what Alexi is giving at the plate, couldnt be worse, yet, they dont want to rush a college drafted player who is putting up respectable numbers in a pitchers league in AA ball, who was drafted so he could be in the bigs sooner rather than later, because bring him up HAS NO EFFECT on his contractual status and starting his FA clock sooner than the Sox want to......uh, yeah, right.

Iam not even gonna get into the pitchers considering the Sox have dead weight in that rotation, two big piles of shitty dead weight, who arent doing this team any favors. Never mind that Richard was brought up last year when he wasnt mentally "ready", but contradicting an extreme glue/reisndorf seat cushion sniffer such as a mong such as you, isnt really that hard to do.

The Poofer- Go kick a middle school kid in the nuts, you might actually win.

At least we are now certain you have no idea what you're talking about. Probably ever. Message board tough guy.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:24 pm 

Ranger wrote:

At least we are now certain you have no idea what you're talking about. Probably ever. Message board tough guy.

Pot, introduce yourself to the kettle.

The Poofer- Thanks for playing, now, go get a lap dance from a broken jar.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
I want him to come up and be great.

Is greatness a function of time spent in the minors?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:41 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I want him to come up and be great.

Is greatness a function of time spent in the minors?

I'd guess there is a relation.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Perhaps the best reason to call up Beckham, would be to create some interest in the team....As it is, the team is awful and there is little reason for optimism. If they put Alexi in CF and put Beckham at SS, at least it creates interest. I think based on how he played prior to getting hurt, that Anderson deserves to reclaim CF, but this team needs a buzz. The stands are going to be empty.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm enjoying the White Sox struggles more than I have the Cubs recent winning streak!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:48 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm enjoying the White Sox struggles more than I have the Cubs recent winning streak!

Coming from you of all people, that rings a mite hollow.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Not at all. I enjoy Cub wins more. The #1 concern, is the success of the Cubs. The lack of the same by the Sox, is just an extra reward...a bonus, if you will. :wink: