It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jose Contreras
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: salernos
It's time to move Contreras either to the bullpen as a long/middle reliever or place him on waivers. I appreciate all he has done for the team, but he is just absolutely killing us so early in games. He works at a tortoise pace and it puts the defense to sleep not to mention the fans watching the game.

I don't know who should take his place (Richard?), but I'd take anybody over Jose right now.

Post subject: Re: Jose Contreras
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Maybe it is time to ask to see his urine tests as well???????

Sox nation, feel free to explain top me why he is not as much of a suspected user as anyone else?

And I am not jumping on the guy just now, I called it when he lost 30 pounds in 5 months, without being able to run and he claimed it was his "Diet" (Coughbullshit)

Joe Borowski lost 25 pounds one year as well, after having a very good year as a Cub and I called the same same BULLSHIT, so this is not about a Sox player v a Cub Player.

CONTRERAS=USER Thus a "FRAUD" Per his GM

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
lacticsolardust wrote:
It's time to move Contreras either to the bullpen as a long/middle reliever or place him on waivers. I appreciate all he has done for the team, but he is just absolutely killing us so early in games. He works at a tortoise pace and it puts the defense to sleep not to mention the fans watching the game.

I don't know who should take his place (Richard?), but I'd take anybody over Jose right now.

Placing him on waivers would not be a good idea--he would be plucked up and could come back to hurt you. What you do is put him in the lmopup spot, let him get hammered until he comes out of it, and have the genius Copper work with him several sessions a day. For some reason, he seems not to be focused at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:01 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Sox nation, feel free to explain top me why he is not as much of a suspected user as anyone else?

And I am not jumping on the guy just now, I called it when he lost 30 pounds in 5 months, without being able to run and he claimed it was his "Diet" (Coughbullshit)

Joe Borowski lost 25 pounds one year as well, after having a very good year as a Cub and I called the same same BULLSHIT, so this is not about a Sox player v a Cub Player.

It's definitely a possibility; I wouldn't rule out anybody in this day and age. I'm convinced both Kerry Wood and Mark Prior were juicing a few years ago.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:17 pm 

The only reason I did not believe Prior was on Juice is beause he was such a pussy, that he would never go under the knife, I was convinced he was scared to take anything. So I am not denying it for good reason, just that he was a pussy.

On the other hand at some point Wood had to take something, as he was cut open more times than I can remember.

But we all know, No Sox player ever juiced.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
bigfan wrote:

What a load of bullshit from CubFanBoy!!!
Whatever 100 year old Contreras uses, it doesn't work, now, does it?
Did this brilliant thought come to you in the Captain Morgan Club?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:35 pm 

bigfan wrote:
The only reason I did not believe Prior was on Juice is beause he was such a pussy, that he would never go under the knife, I was convinced he was scared to take anything. So I am not denying it for good reason, just that he was a pussy.

On the other hand at some point Wood had to take something, as he was cut open more times than I can remember.

Cubs-Sox-Sox-Cubs......
You are living the pure Hooterville lifestyle.
Maybe if the Cubs win something that actually matters, your head will miraculously leave your ass?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:38 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Hey Sherlock, Prior was from San Diego...RIGHT NEXT TO TIJUANA.....WHERE HE COULD GET ALL THE JUICE HE WANTED.....

NEXT CASE.....

Stop acting like a STEROTYPICAL DEFENSIVE CUB FAN.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
During Chris Rongey's postgame show tonight from the Miller Lite Bullpen Bar on 670 The SCORE & the Chicago White Sox Radio Network, the Ranger reported that Jose Contreras will NOT start the getaway game at (Not So) Progressive Field Wednesday at 11:05a in Cleveland. It's unclear who will get the spot start for the Sox that day, but I'd have to make a wild guess and say that either the just recalled Lance Broadway or Clay Richard toes the rubber for the slumping Contreras. The Ranger also mentioned something about Triple "A" Charlotte or the bullpen for Jose, but I think there are $20 million reasons why #52 might not want to go down to the minors...

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:22 am 

WELL BOB I NEVER EVEN GOT INTO THE 100 YEAR OLD CONTRERAS, BUT THAT IS JUST ANOTHER POINT FOR ME AND I REALLY DONT THINK MARK PRIOR WAS DRIVING INTO TIJUANA. IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO TIJUANA, THE 6'5" WHITE GUY PRO ATHLETE KINDA STANDS OUT. AND IF HE DID OR DID NOT TAKE ROIDS DOESNT MATTER TO ME , AS IT ONCE AGAIN WAS NOT THE POINT.

BOB ONCE AGAIN PROVES ANOTHER SOX FAN CANT TALK ABOUT THE SOX WITHOUT FEELING COMPELLED TO COMPARE THEM TO THE CUBS????

THE CUBS ARE NOT THE TEAM AND GM STRUTTING AROUND WITH THE "WE NEVER TOOK ROIDS" BULLSHIT, THAT WOULD BE YOUR TEAM. GOD KNOWS TIM "ROCK" RAINES (SOX GREAT) NEVER USED LATE IN HIS CAREER WHEN HE WAS WITH THE SOX. HE JUST HAD A COCAINE PROBLEM, OTHER THAN THAT NOTHING?

AND BOB I TYPED IN CAPS FOR YOU AND EVERYONE ELSES ENTERAINMENT

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:31 am 

bigfan wrote:
WELL BOB I NEVER EVEN GOT INTO THE 100 YEAR OLD CONTRERAS, BUT THAT IS JUST ANOTHER POINT FOR ME AND I REALLY DONT THINK MARK PRIOR WAS DRIVING INTO TIJUANA. IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO TIJUANA, THE 6'5" WHITE GUY PRO ATHLETE KINDA STANDS OUT. AND IF HE DID OR DID NOT TAKE ROIDS DOESNT MATTER TO ME , AS IT ONCE AGAIN WAS NOT THE POINT.

BOB ONCE AGAIN PROVES ANOTHER SOX FAN CANT TALK ABOUT THE SOX WITHOUT FEELING COMPELLED TO COMPARE THEM TO THE CUBS????

THE CUBS ARE NOT THE TEAM AND GM STRUTTING AROUND WITH THE "WE NEVER TOOK ROIDS" BULLSHIT, THAT WOULD BE YOUR TEAM. GOD KNOWS TIM "ROCK" RAINES (SOX GREAT) NEVER USED LATE IN HIS CAREER WHEN HE WAS WITH THE SOX. HE JUST HAD A COCAINE PROBLEM, OTHER THAN THAT NOTHING?

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

bigfan wrote:

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

BIGCUBFANBOY!!!!!!

You can start the playground Cub Fan Sox Fan Bullshit like we are all back in 4th grade....but you had better come to the fight with something more than a water pistol.....
You have no clue as to whether Mark Prior was on steroids or not, just like Sammy Sosa....something about those calf muscles on Prior were just so fucking normal...you see those all the time.....I mean Prior, being a Cub stroke and all, would never have the brains to send someone else over the border for junk and bring it back...after all, it is so damned hard to smuggle things into this country....
You want to take everything people like Kenny Williams and Jim Hendry say as gospel.....Have fun with it....
ARAM is hurt, but Girlymen Cubbie Fans want to blather on about some washed up clown pitcher and speculate about steroids and rank on the GM.....
HOW COOL IS THAT!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:50 am 

Big Fan....Tough morning...ARam hurt....tune into WGN Radio for some 10 minute updates on his condition....
Maybe a Cub Fan should keep his yap shut until the Cubs actually win something that matters?
Sox fans know when the Sox suck...like now....we don't hang on every word of Hawkeroo..we don't drink Kool Aid....we know the farm system has sucked for 15 years or so....we look at some of the #1 draft selections under the direction of Duane Shaffer and wonder why you weren't selected with a #1 instead of Royce Ring or Joe Borchard....
Now you can buy into the latest WGN Cubbie Fight Songs or the idea that some drunken dunce in a Sandberg vomit stained jersey is going to get laid after the game with some Cubbie bimbette he meets at Bernies!
You can begin to figure out that maybe the Tribune Company before Zell was STEALING YOUR MONEY....guy named MacPhail comes to mind....
Keep worrying about what hothead Kenny Williams says...meanwhile.....'IT'S GONNA HAPPEN'...!!!
What type of organization CELEBRATES 100 years of ineptitude.....???
MARKETS IT TO A DIPSHIT FANBASE!!!
Enjoy your weekend!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:55 am 

The point being ASFB I didn't start the Cubs Sox stuff, you did. I just would like to see someone in Sox World admit that yes, maybe some guys that play for the Sox have been or maybe currently are USERS.

The love for Contreras when he dropped 30 pounds in 4-5 months without being able to run, didn't even raise a suspicion with most Sox fans. The guy found the best diet and trainer that ever walked the planet?

Once again, this is not about Cubs Sox, because I am not defending possible usage of any Cub player ever.

When Joe Borowski dropped 25 in the offseason, it was the firth thing I said.

OK, Sammy juiced. Done. Yes he did. So we can get this out of the way.

(But I did get ASFB, to stop using Caps)

Dicky says HI and what time are we meeting for Mimosas at the Captain Morgan club Sunday?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: cheese
Bigs, are you saying he USED to be on the junk, or hes on it now?

Iam more inclined to belive he used to be on it, considering his fastball now is nowhere near as effective as last year, and the weight loss.

Whatever he ripped last year, his achillies is reason enough for some doctor to take a decent look at his health and notice issues other than those with his foot attributed to steroids.

Maybe the Ranger can get his lips off of Reinsdorfs flesh exhaust pipe long enough to offer his opinion? Or better yet, give us some generic deklusion that its about mechanics or something.......

The Poofer- either that or he lied about his age.....what?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:15 am 

bigfan wrote:
The point being ASFB I didn't start the Cubs Sox stuff, you did. I just would like to see someone in Sox World admit that yes, maybe some guys that play for the Sox have been or maybe currently are USERS.

The love for Contreras when he dropped 30 pounds in 4-5 months without being able to run, didn't even raise a suspicion with most Sox fans. The guy found the best diet and trainer that ever walked the planet?

Once again, this is not about Cubs Sox, because I am not defending possible usage of any Cub player ever.

When Joe Borowski dropped 25 in the offseason, it was the firth thing I said.

OK, Sammy juiced. Done. Yes he did. So we can get this out of the way.

(But I did get ASFB, to stop using Caps)

Dicky says HI and what time are we meeting for Mimosas at the Captain Morgan club Sunday?

We have to get together for a game at The Shrine.
I will seek out Harry like a cruise missile!
Bernie's has a wonderful brunch!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:28 am 

Supercup wrote:
Bigs, are you saying he USED to be on the junk, or hes on it now?

Iam more inclined to belive he used to be on it, considering his fastball now is nowhere near as effective as last year, and the weight loss.

Whatever he ripped last year, his achillies is reason enough for some doctor to take a decent look at his health and notice issues other than those with his foot attributed to steroids.

Maybe the Ranger can get his lips off of Reinsdorfs flesh exhaust pipe long enough to offer his opinion? Or better yet, give us some generic deklusion that its about mechanics or something.......

The Poofer- either that or he lied about his age.....what?

If he is on it right now, he should get his money back!

I won't single out Ranger on this one, but all of WSOX, this issue has been ignored and if even discussed on air I am sure I phone call would be placed for a meeting.

We will never know about Jose, but when the guy presents enough evidence to raise suspiscions and his GM at the same time is all puffy chested about "fraud", I think it should be discussed.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:35 am 

Wow, you really nailed this one Big Fan. Congrats! I don't know ANYONE who has the brains and balls to accuse a baseball player of being on steroids. Wow, congrats indeed. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
It amazes my that the Sox meatballs get gratification over none of the Sox players are in the Roid Club,be proud be very Proud. Just remember they were the only FUCKIN TEAM TO THROW A WORLD SERIES

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:15 pm 

Lets not get into Sox v.s Cubs talk, because we all know the Sox are the only baseball team in Chicago capable of winning a World Series.

Bottom line, it's time to put a fork in Contreras - he has nothing left. Only problem, the Sox don't really have anyone ready to take his place.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:37 pm 

What is Contreas making this year?

That alone is the reason the washed up loser is still on the team and headed to the bullpen instead of being released and a younger pitcher brought into his stead.The Sox management just wont wash their hands of an investment, no matter what a Sox Clown like Ranger and his Reinsdorf Jizz tattooed lips tries to spin like a broken washing machine on permanent spin.And dont give me teams will be choming at the bit to sign this moron, umless a valet position opens up, hes sitting at home, but then again, would you want that fucker with your car keys?

The Poofer- They just cut the guys on the North side......

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:38 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
It amazes my that the Sox meatballs get gratification over none of the Sox players are in the Roid Club,be proud be very Proud. Just remember they were the only FUCKIN TEAM TO THROW A WORLD SERIES

Were you like, actually around when that happened?

The Poofer- yes or no?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Supercup wrote:

Were you like, actually around when that happened?

The Poofer- yes or no?

Very Clever

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:39 pm 

They threw the World Series due to roid rage, too.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:44 pm 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:

They threw the World Series due to roid rage, too.

The whole while their fanbase sniffed paint thinner.

The Poofer- gotta light?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Just remember they were the only FUCKIN TEAM TO THROW A WORLD SERIES

All 8 were acquitted by a federal judge of any wrongdoing, but MLB never reinstated them. I'll also point out that Joe Jackson hit (i think) .340 and hit the only HR in the series. Guilty until proven innocent, and they were innocent.

If nothing else, at least you are consistently an asswipe, Walt.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
didn't jackson confess he did it?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If he did, hitting .340+ and a homer is not a real good way to throw a series.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Frank Coztansa wrote:

All 8 were acquitted by a federal judge of any wrongdoing, but MLB never reinstated them. I'll also point out that Joe Jackson hit (i think) .340 and hit the only HR in the series. Guilty until proven innocent, and they were innocent.

Yeah and Oj Simpson didn't kill anyone!

They were acquitted because prior to the trial, key evidence went missing from the Cook County Courthouse, including the signed confessions of Cicotte and Jackson, who subsequently recanted their confessions. The players were acquitted. (Some years later, the missing confessions reappeared in the possession of Comiskey's lawyer.)

So just because they were aquitted, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
interesting story on jackson. sounds like he got caught up in some nasty business, but he did confess to his involvement in grand jury testimony.

http://www.chicagohs.org/history/blacksox.html

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:03 pm 

tommyp1 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah and Oj Simpson didn't kill anyone!

They were acquitted because prior to the trial, key evidence went missing from the Cook County Courthouse, including the signed confessions of Cicotte and Jackson, who subsequently recanted their confessions. The players were acquitted. (Some years later, the missing confessions reappeared in the possession of Comiskey's lawyer.)

So just because they were aquitted, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The White Sox who confessed were waterboarded at Guantanamo.

WOO LIFE!!!!