It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sox/Tribe
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:46 pm 

Country Bumpkin wrote:
Ranger, how bad is this team really?
Obviously some fans have a different panic level than those in the media, but these guys stink.

Right now? Pretty bad. Here's their problem (and this was discussed on the postgame today): all of the young players that had good/great years last year, aren't even close this year. Quentin, Ramirez, Floyd..the only exception, really, is Danks who's had 4 strong outings out of the 6 he's pitched. Everything they are/were to do this year, is/was greatly dependent upon those guys have similar years to last year. And I don't mean just as good or better...I mean something close to last year's output. Quentin doesn't have to be an MVP, Floyd and Danks don't have to each win 18 or more, Ramirez doesn't have to be as good as a ROY candidate. All they need to do is NOT be terrible. Right now the Sox are working with 2 pretty good starters, one decent starter and two underperforming spots in the rotation. Dye, Konerko, AJ, etc.? They're doing their jobs. Getz was, but he's cooled off considerably. Fields has done the same.

The Sox need at least 3 good starters in this division, and need their #3 hitter to hit and Alexei at the bottom of the order to help drive in runs when the big guys are on base. The makeup of the team is good enough to win the central because they aren't dealing with Toronto or Boston.

If the "sophomores" from last year get back to those numbers, the Sox will compete. If they don't, they'll miss the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Ranger wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Ranger has it pegged if this team finishes last. No one will be responsible.

Huh?

You will never hold any of the Sox management culpable if the team finishes last,never!

I'm out.

Last edited by Walt Williams Neck on Wed May 13, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Ranger wrote:
Country Bumpkin wrote:
Obviously some fans have a different panic level than those in the media, but these guys stink.

Right now? Pretty bad. Here's their problem (and this was discussed on the postgame today): all of the young players that had good/great years last year, aren't even close this year. Quentin, Ramirez, Floyd..the only exception, really, is Danks who's had 4 strong outings out of the 6 he's pitched. Everything they are/were to do this year, is/was greatly dependent upon those guys have similar years to last year. And I don't mean just as good or better...I mean something close to last year's output. Quentin doesn't have to be an MVP, Floyd and Danks don't have to each win 18 or more, Ramirez doesn't have to be as good as a ROY candidate. All they need to do is NOT be terrible. Right now the Sox are working with 2 pretty good starters, one decent starter and two underperforming spots in the rotation. Dye, Konerko, AJ, etc.? They're doing their jobs. Getz was, but he's cooled off considerably. Fields has done the same.

The Sox need at least 3 good starters in this division, and need their #3 hitter to hit and Alexei at the bottom of the order to help drive in runs when the big guys are on base. The makeup of the team is good enough to win the central because they aren't dealing with Toronto or Boston.

If the "sophomores" from last year get back to those numbers, the Sox will compete. If they don't, they'll miss the playoffs.

Mark the date guys - 5/12/09 - Ranger admits that the team is currently bad. I'm putting this in the archives. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:17 pm 

Ranger wrote:
Ranger has it pegged if this team finishes last. No one will be responsible.

Huh?

You will never hold any of the Sox management culpable if the team finishes last,never!

Nobody likes you, Walt. You're right there with Supercup.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:26 pm 

Huh?[/quote]

You will never hold any of the Sox management culpable if the team finishes last,never![/quote]

Nobody likes you, Walt. You're right there with Supercup.[/quote]
Wow I can't take that nobody likes me! At least my chin isn't a resting place for the chairmans' nuts!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ranger wrote:
Country Bumpkin wrote:

The makeup of the team is good enough to win the central because they aren't dealing with Toronto or Boston.

I get yer point Ranger, but I hate the statement "they're good enough to win the Central". That's BS, I want my team to be able to kick the asses of the other teams in the Central, plus the BJs and BoSox.

If this is the mindset of KW and Reinsdorf, that's BS too. Any owner should want to build a team that can kick any other team's ass, not just the teams in their division. I came late to the Baseball party, so maybe I don't know anything.

Whew, I feel better now. Until the next Sox broadcast.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Country Bumpkin wrote:
Ranger wrote:
The makeup of the team is good enough to win the central because they aren't dealing with Toronto or Boston.

I get yer point Ranger, but I hate the statement "they're good enough to win the Central". That's BS, I want my team to be able to kick the asses of the other teams in the Central, plus the BJs and BoSox.

The starting pitching the Sox have certainly is right up there with the BoSox and the like. At least it can be.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:08 pm 

Country Bumpkin wrote:
Ranger wrote:
Country Bumpkin wrote:

I'd like them to have that, too. But the reality of it is that you can't have that every single season, so in the meantime, this is what they've got. And if they're competitive, they can get to the playoffs. And if they get there, while their chances won't be as good as many of the other teams, they will have a shot. That's all we can ask for this season.

This is the state of the 2009 White Sox.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I don't think Paul Konerko will ever be mistaken for Ozzie, but the captain of the White Sox, actually snapped in the locker room at (Not So) Progressive Field today following the Southsiders' latest shutout loss vs. Cliff Lee & the Indians 4-0. Brian "The Whipping Boy" Paruch, who is hosting tonight & tomorrow night on The SCORE, says that this team's BORING! What's really troubling about watching these guys is that on two occasions, they had the bases loaded and both times came up empty handed. Ozzie can juggle the lineup all he wants, but it's already reaching a point where this season is already in danger of getting away from the Sox if they don't get the offense going soon, no matter how winnable this A.L. Central is.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Ranger wrote:
Country Bumpkin wrote:

I'd like them to have that, too. But the reality of it is that you can't have that every single season, so in the meantime, this is what they've got. And if they're competitive, they can get to the playoffs. And if they get there, while their chances won't be as good as many of the other teams, they will have a shot. That's all we can ask for this season.

This is the state of the 2009 White Sox.

While, I agree with your assessment Ranger. According to the flagship station's afternoon show, this year's team is an abject failure, as none of the aforementioned gets the Sock closer to a championship.
Are you as annoyed with B&B as many of the rest of us are?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:43 pm 

Scott Podsednik & Brent Lillibridge, NOT Major League players, according to "Bernsy"...Something tells me Brent's bags are thisclose are being packed for Triple "A" Charlotte once Brian Anderson's activated this weekend in Toronto, and Scott's not far behind...

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Ranger wrote:

:lol: Post of the week material there Ranger... :thumleft:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Keyser Soze wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
I'd rather see him give Fields a month off. That guy sucks ass. 37 strike outs in 111 AB's and zero range = a piss poor ballplayer.

2 more strikeouts today. If he keeps up this pace he'll end up with 210 for the season. He's awful.

You mean to tell me those sappy assed stories this Winter in the papers about how Fields was working out with Joey Cora in Florida were just more Hooterville Hot Stove feel good nonsense?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:40 am 

You will never hold any of the Sox management culpable if the team finishes last,never![/quote]

I will relish listening to the post game shows in July, then we we will see all the Ranger love :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ranger keeps kicking your ass like he has been in this forum and the love won't stop.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:15 pm 

I will relish listening to the post game shows in July, then we we will see all the Ranger love :lol:[/quote]

I'm starting to feel sorry for you and I really can't figure out why.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:24 pm 

Ranger, I feel sorry for you taking such meatballish calls from fans that sometimes don't know what the hell they're even talking about...Something tells me you're in for a long year behind the SCORE/White Sox mike.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:31 pm 

Ranger wrote:

I will relish listening to the post game shows in July, then we we will see all the Ranger love :lol:[/quote]

I'm starting to feel sorry for you and I really can't figure out why.[/quote]

How does it feel to be 32/33 and be so knowledgable about everything??????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
When does Bears camp start? :( :( :( This team is going nowhere fast...I won't jump ship yet but this could get ugly.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:11 pm 

How does it feel to be 32/33 and be so knowledgable about everything??????

32. Just turned. And pretty good, actually. How does it feel to be 19 and marginally challenged?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:13 pm 

Ranger :lol: You have been on your game lately around here. Nice work. Feel free to use Walt's board name: Asswipe & Moron.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:39 pm 

Ranger wrote:
[
32. Just turned. ?

Thanks for the invite to the birthday party.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:16 pm 

According to SCORE/Sun-Times' White Sox Insider Joe Cowley, Jermaine Dye has been suspended by MLB for 2 games for arguing balls & strikes, plus slamming his helmet toward the home plate ump, in Wednesday's 4-0 shutout loss to the Indians. An appeal is likely.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:16 pm 

[ Sizemore is a good player; wish he was playing center field for the Sox. I'd take a .270 batting average, 40 stolen bases, 30 homeruns, and 90 rbi's out of our center fielder any day compared to the crap we're getting out of there for the past 3 years.[/quote]

And they're in last place because their pitching has been terrible. Not because of Grady Sizemore.[/quote]
Grady is hitting .215 dropped to the 2 hole and not playing the field.I guess 5 weeks is SLOW start. Just like you can blame the Sox start on the Cuban dud,CQ, Danks and Floyd talk about staing the obvious!!! You are an ass

I'm out.