It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sox/Tribe
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:36 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Steve, until the Cubs win it all, it means diddly shit. You give knuckle draggers waaaaay too much ammo.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
There has been a change of plans for the White Sox. Instead of going with Clay Richard out of the bullpen for a spot start tomorrow, they'll start #54 tonight vs. lefty Jeremy Sowers and have Mark Buehrle start the getaway game tomorrow vs. Cliff Lee at 11:05a. Pitching plans aside, they've really got to get this stagnant offense going or the calls for Greg Walker's firing as hitting coach will get louder & louder.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: salernos
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Sox go to Cleveland to face the worst team in baseball, thats right worse than the Nationals'!
Listen to Stoney the president of the Sizemore ALS.Grady hitting .227 obp .313 30hits 36 k
6 hrs mostly when the game was decided. 5 stolen bases 5 cs . The Sox should beat up on Chief Yahoo Sizemore. I'll watch Overated Grady whiff 7 times this series.

Sizemore is a good player; wish he was playing center field for the Sox. I'd take a .270 batting average, 40 stolen bases, 30 homeruns, and 90 rbi's out of our center fielder any day compared to the crap we're getting out of there for the past 3 years.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
lacticsolardust wrote:
Sox go to Cleveland to face the worst team in baseball, thats right worse than the Nationals'!
Listen to Stoney the president of the Sizemore ALS.Grady hitting .227 obp .313 30hits 36 k
6 hrs mostly when the game was decided. 5 stolen bases 5 cs . The Sox should beat up on Chief Yahoo Sizemore. I'll watch Overated Grady whiff 7 times this series.

Sizemore is a good player; wish he was playing center field for the Sox. I'd take a .270 batting average, 40 stolen bases, 30 homeruns, and 90 rbi's out of our center fielder any day compared to the crap we're getting out of there for the past 3 years.

He is one of the main reason the Indians are in last place. You can have a whole team of this overrated piece of shit.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:10 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
The Indians struggles might be more accurately laid at the feet of their starting pitching staff that has been beaten like Chief Wahoo's drum; repeatedly and hard.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 pm 

kerchungathunk wrote:
The Indians struggles might be more accurately laid at the feet of their starting pitching staff that has been beaten like Chief Wahoo's drum; repeatedly and hard.

If that's the case, how come the White Sox offense couldn't hit Alyssa Milano's onetime boyfriend, Carl Pavano, last night?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
SHARK wrote:
kerchungathunk wrote:

If that's the case, how come the White Sox offense couldn't hit Alyssa Milano's onetime boyfriend, Carl Pavano, last night?

Because the whitesox have the amazing ability to make the most average pitcher look like cy young

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:27 pm 

Crosscheck, you bring up a very valid point. Matt Harrison? Before facing the White Sox twice in a week, the Rangers' lefty had a mediocre at best record with a high ERA. Of course, you know how awful the Sox are vs. pitchers they've NEVER seen before, such as that guy from the Orioles whose name escapes me at the moment...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:31 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Of course, you know how awful the Sox are vs. pitchers they've NEVER seen before, such as that guy from the Orioles whose name escapes me at the moment...

Jim Palmer

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:34 pm 

SHARK wrote:
kerchungathunk wrote:

I could be wrong, but I thought the SPs they were counting on like Lee and Carmona had been ineffectual at best so far. I do not have their SP ERA for the season in front of me, but I would wager it isn't where they want it.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:35 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Of course, you know how awful the Sox are vs. pitchers they've NEVER seen before, such as that guy from the Orioles whose name escapes me at the moment...

Jim Palmer

No, Jim has long since retired, RogersPark Bryan...He was called up earlier this season by the O's and wore the football-like number of #64 in his Major League debut, Brad Bergesen...

Last edited by SHARK on Tue May 12, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:36 pm 

SHARK wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Jim Palmer

No, Jim has long since retired, RogersPark Bryan...He was called up earlier this season by the O's and wore the football-like number of #64 in his Major League debut and whose first name was Brad...He's supposed to be the O's top prospect in their farm system...

Brad Palmer????

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 pm 

No, Brad Bergesen...He's the no-name Oriole who stymied the White Sox at Camden Yards and won his Major League debut. Brad Palmer wears glasses like me, and has less hair, but "The Professor" has retired after many, many years at ABC7... :(

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:43 pm 

SHARK wrote:
No, Brad Bergesen...He's the no-name Oriole who stymied the White Sox at Camden Yards and won his Major League debut. Brad Palmer wears glasses like me, and has less hair, but "The Professor" has retired after many, many years at ABC7... :(

Brad Bergesen...no thats not it...Daniel Cabrera???

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:49 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Brad Bergesen...no thats not it...Daniel Cabrera???

Brad Bergesen stymied the Sox for 5 innings on their very first night in Baltimore, RogersPark, and I think it was Gavin Floyd who couldn't find the strike zone midway through that ballgame...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:57 pm 

kerchungathunk wrote:
I could be wrong, but I thought the SPs they were counting on like Lee and Carmona had been ineffectual at best so far. I do not have their SP ERA for the season in front of me, but I would wager it isn't where they want it.

In his last 5 starts Cliff Lee is 1-4 but has a 1.70 ERA and 5 BB's/22 K's. He's holding up his end of the bargain.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:20 pm 

Why would a playground be condemned if it is already owned by the government?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Hey asswipe, what happened to your avatar?

I don't know it was here until about an hour ago. Oscar must have pissed off BF

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:44 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
kerchungathunk wrote:

In his last 5 starts Cliff Lee is 1-4 but has a 1.70 ERA and 5 BB's/22 K's. He's holding up his end of the bargain.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:18 pm 

There's your 2 runs Clayton. Make it stand up.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:51 pm 

lacticsolardust wrote:

He is one of the main reason the Indians are in last place. You can have a whole team of this overrated piece of shit.

So, the guy is off to a slow start and he's now overrated? Sizemore is a really good all-around player and he'll be back close to his career numbers by the end of the year. 25 HRs, 30 SBs, and an OBP close to .370 from the leadoff spot? I'll take it. Good thing you aren't a GM.

And they're in last place because their pitching has been terrible. Not because of Grady Sizemore.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm 

Nix! This guys hotter than a rolling ball of butcher knives. I hope Ozzie keeps him in the lineup for a few more days.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Jim Thome=Brad Miller

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:48 pm 

Nothing like a trip to Cleveland to get Jimmy going.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Nothing like a trip to Cleveland to get Jimmy going.

Too bad it hasn't got the pitching going.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:27 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Nix! This guys hotter than a rolling ball of butcher knives. I hope Ozzie keeps him in the lineup for a few more days.

According to Ozzie, given the fact the Indians' Cliff Lee starts the getaway game tomorrow at (Not So) Progressive Field, Jayson's supposed to give Chris Getz a breather at second base. I was pushing buttons on my Walkman late this afternoon, and Tom Hamilton, the veteran PBP of the Cleveland Indians on their radio network, gave Getz a rave review during a chat late this afternoon with The SCORE's "Boers & Bernstein". The Nix question is also the subject of the "U.S. Cellular Question of the Game" which the Ranger is supposed to address in a little bit tonight on the SCORE/White Sox Radio postgame show. Too bad Nix can't stay healthy... :(

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:32 pm 

I'd rather see him give Fields a month off. That guy sucks ass. 37 strike outs in 111 AB's and zero range = a piss poor ballplayer.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
I'd rather see him give Fields a month off. That guy sucks ass. 37 strike outs in 111 AB's and zero range = a piss poor ballplayer.

Keyser, I wish Josh Fields would cut down on his swing, which still appears to be very, very long.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:24 am 

SHARK wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Keyser, I wish Josh Fields would cut down on his swing, which still appears to be very, very long.

Shouldn't that problem be adressed by the hitting coach??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
How is he going to fix Fields if he gets fired?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next