It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sox-Blue Jays
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Clayton is doing his part in this sweep so far. He keeps pitching 2-0, 2-1 counts, Carasco and Broadway better be on stand by because one of them is likely to be in the game soon.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:39 pm 

I think I'm going to just put the Sox on a week long pay no mind list. I'll come back after Memorial Day and reassess whether I put any serious time into this team this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:44 pm 

Wow, did you see that play by Rolen! Little wonder why these bunch of 'nobodys' are pitching well for Toronto with defense like that behind them.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 pm 

Gee, Peter Panzy drops a flyball because the 2B...oh I mean the LF cut in front of him. No...really...I'm shocked. Wow. Who could have seen something like that happening?? BTW- where is Brian Anderson??

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

See? Look at easy it is to get a guy in from 3rd with less than 2 out. Sox hitters, take note.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I think I'm going to just put the Sox on a week long pay no mind list. I'll come back after Memorial Day and reassess whether I put any serious time into this team this year.

It's been tough but I've been trying to do this during the last couple weeks of terrible play. I get too upset and in to the games when they're this bad and it's not worth it. Times like these are where I really enjoy having 2 teams in town. I can still watch Cub games and enjoy them whether they're winning or losing because it doesn't get me all pissed off.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
hawkeye wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's been tough but I've been trying to do this during the last couple weeks of terrible play. I get too upset and in to the games when they're this bad and it's not worth it. Times like these are where I really enjoy having 2 teams in town. I can still watch Cub games and enjoy them whether they're winning or losing because it doesn't get me all pissed off.[/quote]

I agree. Went to the Cub game on Saturday (free tix) and actually watched a team that can get timely hits. Meanwhile, I watched the scoreboard at Wrigley for the Sox game and actually thought they could win. The next second, up goes the "2" for the BJs. I just laughed as my Cub fan friend looked at me strangely.

This team is a joke. KW needs to get his big head out of his ass and make this team better for 2010. If not, ticket holding Sox fans should not show up, and/or sell their tickets. This team is too old and filled with headcases like Floyd to be successful. These guys are being pushed to bottom of my sports viewing. Right behind LPGA golf.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:41 pm 

When Natalie Gulbis and Paula Creamer are contending my interest in the LPGA seems to rise and rise and rise. :D

Yummy!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keyser Soze wrote:
When Natalie Gulbis and Paula Creamer are contending my interest in the LPGA seems to rise and rise and rise. :D

Yummy!

A Natalie and Paula sammich. Mmm good..

Have the Sox lost yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Keyser Soze wrote:
Gee, Peter Panzy drops a flyball because the 2B...oh I mean the LF cut in front of him. No...really...I'm shocked. Wow. Who could have seen something like that happening?? BTW- where is Brian Anderson??

Keyser, because of weather issues down South with Triple "A" Charlotte, B.A. is still on a rehab assignment for the Knights. Bench coach/acting manager Joey Cora said before yesterday's game that Brian Anderson likely won't be available until the Sox come home to host the Twins starting tomorrow. By the way, Jayson Nix started today in left field with Scott Podsednik in center... :? Jayson Nix?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:23 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

That is great advice. I'm a Cubs fan and when they go into one of their "funks"...I kick my fandom down a notch or two to try and keep my sanity. Also...from the outside looking in at the Sox, I see a team playing terrible baseball and losing a lot of consecutive games & series' right now. I also see them at ONLY 5 games back on May 18th in a division where no team is running away it yet. It is early and I think they will make a run at the division before the season is over. One solid "hot streak" and they are right back in it.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:28 pm 

Oh, and if Josh Fields is no longer here when I get back, I'm good with that.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:31 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Oh, and if Josh Fields is no longer here when I get back, I'm good with that.

I thought Joshua Fields was supposed to be benched in large part for his strikeout total...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:58 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Keyser, because of weather issues down South with Triple "A" Charlotte, B.A. is still on a rehab assignment for the Knights. Bench coach/acting manager Joey Cora said before yesterday's game that Brian Anderson likely won't be available until the Sox come home to host the Twins starting tomorrow. By the way, Jayson Nix started today in left field with Scott Podsednik in center... :? Jayson Nix?

The weather?? That was 1 day. He could have been in Toronto for the weekend and possibly prevented a loss today. If that burrito Podsednik didn't drop that flyball and let an unearned run score Thome's HR would have put them up 2-1. Bad decision on Kenny's part. REAL F'N BAD!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:13 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

The weather?? That was 1 day. He could have been in Toronto for the weekend and possibly prevented a loss today. If that burrito Podsednik didn't drop that flyball and let an unearned run score Thome's HR would have put them up 2-1. Bad decision on Kenny's part. REAL F'N BAD!
There was a rainout that pushed back Brian's rehab down in Charlotte...Besides, the Sox have just 2 healthy outfielders with Quentin sidelined and likely headed for the DL...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:22 pm 

There was a rainout on Thursday so they played a doubleheader on Friday. He could have flown to Toronto after the games and been in the lineup Saturday, Sunday and Monday. They obviously needed him with the OF crap they ran out there all weekend (I know it's not Nix's fault he was played out of position). God this fuckin pisses me off....

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:29 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
There was a rainout on Thursday so they played a doubleheader on Friday. He could have flown to Toronto after the games and been in the lineup Saturday, Sunday and Monday. They obviously needed him with the OF crap they ran out there all weekend (I know it's not Nix's fault he was played out of position). God this fuckin pisses me off....

That's not my call, Keyser...Had Carlos not been scratched from the lineup Saturday afternoon, we probably wouldn't have seen Brent Lillibridge playing center field either. While everyone seems to think #18 will soon be sent down to Triple "A" Charlotte once Brian Anderson is ready to return from his oblique injury, it might not be a sure thing if Quentin is indeed DL'd with his heel injury.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:42 pm 

It's a good thing it's not your call because if it were I'd hunt you down and kick your ass through your pectoral fins.

I just want to hear a legitimate reason why he wasn't called up. If it was 'oh well we're playing bad so why bother' then I might say 'oh well they're playing bad so why should I bother watching?' I would never really do that but it's fun to think I could.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:47 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
It's a good thing it's not your call because if it were I'd hunt you down and kick your ass through your pectoral fins.

I just want to hear a legitimate reason why he wasn't called up. If it was 'oh well we're playing bad so why bother' then I might say 'oh well they're playing bad so why should I bother watching?' I would never really do that but it's fun to think I could.

Keyser, how the hell am I supposed to know? If Brian Anderson's oblique was healthy enough, given the fact Carlos Quentin has aggravation in his heel, he would've been up there and Brent Lillibridge's sorry ass would've been sent back to Triple "A" Charlotte by now! By the way, The SCORE's Dan Bernstein says that Scott Podsednik isn't a Major League Baseball player and Jayson Nix isn't a Major League outfielder. That's the pickle Ozzie finds his team right now!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keyser Soze wrote:

Keyer,
Your attitude reminds me of when I watch the Beloved. How this team is currently configured, you should not and cannot waste much time watching them. It's just not good for the blood pressure.

I check the scores occassionally and look for any crazy Ozzie rants and raves but beyond that they are on my pay no mind list. This team blows and Kenny should be embarrassed.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Keyser Soze wrote:
If that burrito Podsednik didn't drop that flyball and let an unearned run score Thome's HR would have put them up 2-1. Bad decision on Kenny's part. REAL F'N BAD!

If only it were edmonds! And, being that he plays so damn shallow, he'd have a shot at that blooper in the 8th.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nix could have distracted Edmonds just as easily.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 am 

Darkside wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
If that burrito Podsednik didn't drop that flyball and let an unearned run score Thome's HR would have put them up 2-1. Bad decision on Kenny's part. REAL F'N BAD!

If only it were edmonds! And, being that he plays so damn shallow, he'd have a shot at that blooper in the 8th.

I was surprised that Nobody picked Edmonds up this season. He did a nice job last year, after the Cubs picked him up off waivers from the Padres. However, his asking price may have been highwer than teams were willing to pay. That said, the real fault in this game, was with Dotel walking the leadoff man....who was then sacrificed to 2nd and subsequently stole 3rd. If Dotel gets that leadoff hitter, Podsednik doesn't have to lay out, trying to make a highlight reel catch for the 3rd out. Instead, it is just a 2 out single. But Dotel gives the leadoff man a free pass to lead off the 8th, just after Thome had tied the score. Dotel is the guy who really blew it.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:02 am 

No, he's not. Dotel would have never been in the game because Linebrink would have pitched the 8th with a 2-1 lead. We will never know what could have happened from there because the little burrito blew the game by not catching a flyball.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
No, he's not. Dotel would have never been in the game because Linebrink would have pitched the 8th with a 2-1 lead. We will never know what could have happened from there because the little burrito blew the game by not catching a flyball.

Why the hate toward Podsednik? Seems like quite a few Sox fans never warmed up to Pods.

The guy had a great start in '05 and was an important factor in that teams hot start. Then he hits one of the biggest HRs in Sox history, but it seems like a lot of Sox fans really detest the guy.

I know he is brittle but he was a pretty important figure in the greatest Sox season in 80+ years. I don't quite understand the hate, can someone please enlighten a non-Sox fan?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 am 

enigma wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Why the hate toward Podsednik? Seems like quite a few Sox fans never warmed up to Pods.

The guy had a great start in '05 and was an important factor in that teams hot start. Then he hits one of the biggest HRs in Sox history, but it seems like a lot of Sox fans really detest the guy.

I know he is brittle but he was a pretty important figure in the greatest Sox season in 80+ years. I don't quite understand the hate, can someone please enlighten a non-Sox fan?/]quote]

There isn't enough time in the day for that.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Keyser, you're way off base here. You usually nail it when it comes to the Sox, but you're wrong here. I'm not saying Pods is the end all be all here, nor is he the answer to the Sox OF, but this is why you can't blame him for the struggling in Toronto:

Over the last 2 weeks, Pods is one of the only guys on this team hitting.

Becasue of injuries and KW, you had an infiedler playing LF and a bad defensive OF playing in Center. Something bad was bound to happen.

There's lots of blame to go around for that sweep in Toronto. Pods is pretty far down on that list. Tough to win when you score 8 runs and muster 23 hits in a 4 game series.

Linebrink had a 2-1 lead on Saturday and pitched real well, didn't he?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 am 

If the Sox called up Anderson when he was eligible to come off the DL they wouldn't have had a 2B in left field. That's what I'm most angry about. They could have had Anderson in CF and the Panzy in LF. That flyball would NOT have dropped and the Sox could have won a game. Sure, Linebrink blew one on Saturday but he's not going to convert them all. I like my chances in that game with Linebrink pitching the 8th and Jenks the 9th but we'll never know.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Keyser Soze wrote:
If the Sox called up Anderson when he was eligible to come off the DL they wouldn't have had a 2B in left field. That's what I'm most angry about. They could have had Anderson in CF and the Panzy in LF. That flyball would NOT have dropped and the Sox could have won a game.

Exactly, but thats on KW and/or Ozzie, not Pods.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:37 am 

Because of Carlos Quentin's uncertain status with the heel injury, he's likely headed for the disabled list before tonight's game vs. the slumping Twins, with Brian Anderson coming off. The big question comes once DeWayne Wise is activated from his separated shoulder...I don't think Scotty and his #22 will be here. :(