Post subject: Gordon Beckham called up
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:16 pm 

Betemit DFA, per WSCR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:20 pm 

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A star is born on 6/4/09. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Is he going to play everyday at 3B? If not, why not give him more time in the minors?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah, if he's playing everyday, awesome. If not...silly

Either way, did not expect him up this early.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's in Chicago
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That's the key; he must play everyday and take his lumps. Honestly, I think Beckham is going to bring more to the table than Fields, which is not saying much. We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:05 pm 

Is he going to be the long term answer at 3B or 2B?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's in Chicago
Great question. If Getz doesn't produce and Fields starts to improve, it's a possibility.

Is Ramirez a "sure thing" at short? Although second base was not Ramirez's natural position, he played very well last year.

I say try Beckham at 3b for now. If Beckham becomes BeteMITless and Getz is doing well, I say move Getz to 3b, Beckham to his natural position and Ramirez to 2b.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:17 am 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
I wrote this parody of the AP report to amuse some friends, with whom I recently discussed how awesome it is to read reports from foreign correspondents covering baseball (e.g. BBC).

Quote:
White Sox call up Premier Glove-And-Stick Man, Mr. Gordon Beckham

2 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) — Glove-and-stick man Gordon Beckham, the Chicago White Sox's first-round human selection in 2008, will be absconded from Three A Charlotte on Thursday, and Wilson "Gelding Hammer" Betemit will be designated for assignment.

Beckham was selected No. 8 overall last year after starring at the University of the Great State of Georgia, USA. He has cudgeled orbs on average of .326 with 23 two-station hits, four Möbius strips, and 25 instances of enabling his teammates to set foot on the irregular pentagon in 45 games at Two A Birmingham and Three A Charlotte this sporting term.

He has played symmetrical fielder, 90-degree man, and a position colloquially known as "in'twain". Chicago's on-field player coordinator, Mr. Ozymandias Guillen, said he will use Mr. Beckham in all three positions, in addition to regular stick-man.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:35 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Dumb Fuck Frank, they didn't bring him up to be the bat boy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
I hope Beckham is the star they expect.

Right now this smacks of desperation.

Looks like Josh Fields is heading out the same door fellow #1 draft selection and fellow quarterback Joe Borchard did.

And this clownish organization just traded #1 draft selection Lance Broadway for an exciting backup catcher.

Crazy Kenny Williams out trying to get a top notch starting pitcher on a team of swiss cheese.

Let's see how this saga continues this season.

2005 is a long time in the rear view mirror.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:23 am 

Beckham was drafted 1 year from tomorrow. He's the first position player to make it to the bigs from that draft. Not bad.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21602

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Keyser Soze wrote:
Beckham was drafted 1 year from tomorrow. He's the first position player to make it to the bigs from that draft. Not bad.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21602

There should be excitement!We have seen Fields,Betemit,Wise and Lillibridge.He has to be better.They all were seasoned in the minors and guess what they are all pieces of poop!I wish nothing, but the best for Gordon! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
BD wrote:
Is he going to play everyday at 3B? If not, why not give him more time in the minors?

I first heard the news during Chris Rongey's postgame show following their 5-3 loss to the A's, and Ozzie was just sitting down with the media for his postgame news conference, BD. Needless to say, Ozzie was less than thrilled about the White Sox purchasing his contract after just 45 games down in the minors. Now that he's here, I think Beckham will be used kinda like Jayson Nix is right now, at least at the outset. While Nix is technically a second baseman just like Chris Getz, #5 has been known to play a number of different positions in his short time with the Southsiders. I think at the beginning, Beckham will be used for Joshua Fields, as is the case today at third base. This weekend vs. Cleveland, depending on how much longer Getz and his ankle injury will sideline him, you might see Beckham at second base just like in Spring Training. You might even see Beckham at his natural shortstop in place of Alexei Ramirez...As for Fields, I heard the SCORE/Sun-Times Sox insider Joe Cowley on the Ranger's postgame, and with Wilson Betemit now designated for assignment, you might see Fields at first base giving Paul Konerko a breather. Today, he's giving Jim Thome the day off as DH.