It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Getz
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
SHARK wrote:
I was at U.S. Cellular Field this past Thursday afternoon vs. the Indians, and Chris Getz had a career-high 4 hits in 5 at-bats, with the fifth being a walk. Even though the batting average isn't as good as I'm sure he & the White Sox would like, I can tell you that Chris is the kind of ballplayer Ozzie wishes he had more of on his roster. You don't expect Getz to hit home runs, but he puts the ball in play at the plate and actually is a threat to steal a base or two. Getz has for the most part played a steady second base defensively, and the Sox are more than happy with that. Tonight, Ozzie started Jayson Nix ahead of Getz at second base because the Twins started a lefty, Glen Perkins. Although Jayson went 2-for-5 in the Sox 8-7 win tonight in Minnesota, in the limited times Chris has started vs. lefties, he's shown he can hit them as well, if not better than righties. Unless Ozzie wants to finally come clean and admit that second base is really a platoon, Chris should be the everyday starter, regardless who starts for the opponents.

That's all he has to do...be a role player and put the ball in play.....be a second baseman...forget trying to pull the ball with warning track power.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Keyser Soze wrote:
It is impossible for me to hate that team.

They have a wonderful organization and have produced fantastic players.....but they have basically frosted the asses of the White Sox since they arrived up North.

The Twins have inflicted a lot of pain on Sox fans.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Metrodoom.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:42 pm 

That new park looks awesome. I think it may be roadtrip worthy.

This is the worst I've seen Buehrle look in a LONG time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
SHARK wrote:
I was at U.S. Cellular Field this past Thursday afternoon vs. the Indians, and Chris Getz had a career-high 4 hits in 5 at-bats, with the fifth being a walk. Even though the batting average isn't as good as I'm sure he & the White Sox would like, I can tell you that Chris is the kind of ballplayer Ozzie wishes he had more of on his roster. You don't expect Getz to hit home runs, but he puts the ball in play at the plate and actually is a threat to steal a base or two. Getz has for the most part played a steady second base defensively, and the Sox are more than happy with that. Tonight, Ozzie started Jayson Nix ahead of Getz at second base because the Twins started a lefty, Glen Perkins. Although Jayson went 2-for-5 in the Sox 8-7 win tonight in Minnesota, in the limited times Chris has started vs. lefties, he's shown he can hit them as well, if not better than righties. Unless Ozzie wants to finally come clean and admit that second base is really a platoon, Chris should be the everyday starter, regardless who starts for the opponents.

That's all he has to do...be a role player and put the ball in play.....be a second baseman...forget trying to pull the ball with warning track power.

He did put the ball in play. You are aware even the best hitters ever have career averages no higher than .350. That means that out of 10 AB's they get a hit 3.5 times. It's really easy from your couch to yell, "hit a single Getz you putz."
He isnt trying to hit HR's I can promise you that. If your goal is to drive the ball, up the middle, to the left or right, sometimes dont go according to plan. He hit the shit out of the ball and you are going to complain. One in, one over, thats how you play the game the right way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:34 pm 

Cue the clown car music. :joker:

Dodododo dodo dododo do do do dodododo