It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tribe/sox's
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
Fri, Aug 7 Cleveland 8:11 PM Buehrle (11-5) Sowers (3-7) Tickets
Sat, Aug 8 Cleveland 7:05 PM Torres (0-0) Pavano (9-8) Tickets
Sun, Aug 9 Cleveland 2:05 PM Contreras (4-10) Huff (5-6) Tickets

gotta take the first 2 before the ass beating the tribe will give jose on sunday

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

Post subject: Re: tribe/sox's
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Carl Pavano, the Indians hardly knew ye. He's been dealt to the Twins for the infamous "player to be named later". No idea who the soon-to-be unemployed Eric Wedge will start vs. Carlos Torres(?) in a game I'll be attending tomorrow night at 6:05p. SHARK will be in Section 103 with some family members, including my brother's father in law from Denver who's in town this weekend...I know you're happy for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Carl Pavano, the Indians hardly knew ye. He's been dealt to the Twins for the infamous "player to be named later". No idea who the soon-to-be unemployed Eric Wedge will start vs. Carlos Torres(?) in a game I'll be attending tomorrow night at 6:05p. SHARK will be in Section 103 with some family members, including my brother's father in law from Denver who's in town this weekend...I know you're happy for me.

I'll look for you and throw things at you from the upper deck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I'll look for you and throw things at you from the upper deck. :lol:

Rubber chickens, Svengoolie? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:55 pm 

Torres and the big Cuban in this series. Eh, might make for a tough series even if it is against the Tribe. They better score a ton of runs!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
Torres and the big Cuban in this series. Eh, might make for a tough series even if it is against the Tribe. They better score a ton of runs!

The tribe pitching scares no one. Their closer isw Kerry Wood now thats scary....if you're a Indian fan. Another series win by the Sox.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:40 pm 

Alexei Ramirez is scheduled to return to shortstop as soon as tonight after missing a week with a sprained ankle. However, here's something to chew on, Ozzie. STOP PLATOONING JAYSON NIX AND CHRIS GETZ AT SECOND VS. LEFTIES!!! Getz is hitting .294 this season vs. southpaws, and SHARK was at "The Cell" when #17 had 4 hits when tonight's Cleveland pitcher, lefty Jeremy Sowers, started earlier this season, albeit a 10-8 Cleveland win. Chris should be playing no matter who's starting, and it's about time Ozzie stops platooning at second once and for all! :x :x I really enjoy watching Getz's hustle and I feel he's someone you can depend on for a long time to come.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:43 pm 

The lineup is in for Game 1 of the White Sox/Indians' weekend series, and you'll notice the return of a familiar face and Ozzie's continuing platoon which must stop! Here's the lineup for tonight, White Sox fans:

CF 22 Scott Podsednik
3B 15 Gordon Beckham
RF 23 Jermaine Dye
DH 25 Jim Thome
1B 14 Paul Konerko
C 12 Anthony John Pierzynski
LF 20 Carlos Quentin
SS 10 Alexei Ramirez
2B 5 Jayson Nix (Ozzie, stop the damn platoon w/ Nix & Chris Getz!)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 pm 

Man this defense is just awful tonight, and Beuhrle just don't got it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
RFDC wrote:
and Beuhrle just don't got it.

He really hasn't had it since "the game".

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
RFDC wrote:
and Beuhrle just don't got it.

He really hasn't had it since "the game".

Regression to the mean, I guess.
If Alex Rios was on this team we would be winning 16-4 at this point! :)

Also, I like Bacon's theme music if just for the fact that I can tell when he is coming up to bat without having my eyes on the TV.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:07 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Man this defense is just awful tonight, and Beuhrle just don't got it.

Two more errors, including one by Jayson Nix on what could've been the 6th double play this eve behind Buehrle...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:30 pm 

Actually, the White Sox tied a MLB record 6 double plays tonight, but could've had a 7th if Jayson Nix didn't throw one away in the very 1st inning of tonight's game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 pm 

Bases loaded, no one out and not a single run scored. :|

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:33 pm 

Well Mark has been bad 3 straight outtings, wonder if he can have an appreciation series for this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:27 am 

That was just a big pile of suck. Sowers is dogshit and we let him off the hook countless times.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
schmitty1121 wrote:
Well Mark has been bad 3 straight outtings, wonder if he can have an appreciation series for this.

His ERA in the 3 starts since, is like over 10!! He has gone from a perfect 10 (as a pitcher) to a guy with a 10 ERA. :lol: :lol: :lol: My God, this game looked like a lay-up. Sowers vs Mr. Perfect....All the Sox fans that were so excited about the rotation-WELL, lets look at Danks last start (sucked) now Buerhle (sucked-again) and Peavy is still probably a couple weeks (at least) from pitching and probably won't be at his best then. The picture doesn't get much rosier, with Torres and Contreras in the next 2 either. they may actually drop this series to the lowly tribe.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

His ERA in the 3 starts since, is like over 10!! He has gone from a perfect 10 (as a pitcher) to a guy with a 10 ERA. :lol: :lol: :lol: My God, this game looked like a lay-up. Sowers vs Mr. Perfect....All the Sox fans that were so excited about the rotation-WELL, lets look at Danks last start (sucked) now Buerhle (sucked-again) and Peavy is still probably a couple weeks (at least) from pitching and probably won't be at his best then. The picture doesn't get much rosier, with Torres and Contreras in the next 2 either. they may actually drop this series to the lowly tribe.

Isn't there someone with long hair you should be passing judgement on?

Sox pitching is fine - our offense should have cleaned up the bases a bit better and our defense let us down in a few spots. Yes Mr. Perfect didn't pitch his best but that loss wasn't all on him.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Ha Ha. Just worry about your sorry ass team fuckhead.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
jackref wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Isn't there someone with long hair you should be passing judgement on?

I can do that too. I'm multi-tasking....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Kenny Williams wrote:
Stay out of White Sox business.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:34 am 

Masterson is a slinger and is much tougher on righties than lefties. Righties only hit .228 against him while lefties are pounding him at a .311 clip. I hope Ozzie plays Kotsay at 1B to give him 5 lefties in the lineup (Thome, Pods, Getz, AJ, Kotsay). Wise can stay on the bench.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Keyser Soze wrote:
Masterson is a slinger and is much tougher on righties than lefties. Righties only hit .228 against him while lefties are pounding him at a .311 clip. I hope Ozzie plays Kotsay at 1B to give him 5 lefties in the lineup (Thome, Pods, Getz, AJ, Kotsay). Wise can stay on the bench.

Always. (Unless there is a perfect game going :D )

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:40 am 

guys i'll take the blame on this loss last night; it falls on my shoulders. i was at the game.

i have a very bad track record at the cell.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
Keyser Soze wrote:

You bettter watch your tone Keyser you know that Ozzie makes the lineup! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:07 pm 

S. Podsednik cf
G. Beckham 3b
J. Thome dh
P. Konerko 1b
A.J. Pierzynski c
C. Quentin lf
C. Getz 2b
A. Ramirez ss
D. Wise rf

*sigh*

Edit: Thome is playing instead of Dye. That's better.

Last edited by Keyser Soze on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:10 pm 

So why in the world even trade for Kotsay if you are going to play Wise over him?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:17 pm 

Atta boy, ROY!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:21 pm 

That's a White Sox winner!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:06 pm 

It was a nice White Sox winner this eve. Even though Carlos Torres seemed to have control problems and couldn't find the plate in his second career ML start, the bullpen definitely nipped this one in the bud allowing only 1 run after Torres got the hook with 6 walks. While Jim Thome's latest homer, 562 in his career, landed in the Fan Deck in center field some 442 feet away, Paul Konerko, Anthony John Pierzynski & Chris Getz each had 2 hits. Gordon Beckham continued to pay dividends with a 1-for-3 night with a run scored and a clutch sacrifice fly that gave the Sox the lead in the 6th. Needless to say, Jose Contreras is on the spot in 95 degree heat & humidity tomorrow...