It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: sox's@ m's
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Keep in mind that just like last night vs. Lucas French(?), the White Sox have NEVER seen this Doug Fister EVER, and they can't execute offensively right now! Tomorrow night in Seattle, Mark Buehrle & Felix Hernandez toe the rubber, and Felix gave the Sox fits earlier this season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:30 pm 

SHARK wrote:
the White Sox have NEVER seen this Doug Fister EVER,

No, but they have seen hanging curve balls before.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 pm 

Ozzie is a coward. He had the perfect opportunity and didn't do it.
2 out, nobody on, Ichiro at the plate. Lefty vs. lefty - it won't get more ideal than that.

He's either a coward (meaning MLB got in his ear and told him too shut the hell up) or he's an even bigger attention whore than previously thought. He'll say anything to get the headlines. :roll:

Ozzie is not a bigger attention whore than W-Z is tonight, but pretty damn HUGE.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:34 pm 

I will agree with Hawk for the first time ever:

Kenny Williams is the first person I have ever known (by name) that actually got a ticket/fine for jaywalking.

And yes, that is BS. And weak.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:35 pm 

Its a war on crime here

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:40 pm 

spanky wrote:
2 out, nobody on, Ichiro at the plate. Lefty vs. lefty - it won't get more ideal than that.

He's either a coward (meaning MLB got in his ear and told him too shut the hell up) or he's an even bigger attention whore than previously thought. He'll say anything to get the headlines. :roll:

Ozzie is not a bigger attention whore than W-Z is tonight, but pretty damn HUGE.

Ozzie's under the microscope for his threat, Spanky, by Bud Selig and Bob Watson's office in New York for what he said before the Indians' game...I have a feeling word has gotten around, and Ozzie might soon be lighter in the wallet if not thisclose to handing the lineup card over to bench coach Joey Cora for a few games if he doesn't shut up...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
I'm not good at cutting millionaire ballplayers slack, Shark. Now everytime the Panzy gets picked off or misplays a flyball it will piss me off even more.

For the first time ever, I wll agree with Soze -

The $50 million dollar man needs to be the line-up. They are going for it this year! This is not a move for the future! And Kenny definitely did NOT get caught trying to make a move in this case!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Ozzie is and has always been a blowhard.
Although, I would love to have him patrolling the dugout on the Northside.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:43 pm 

SHARK wrote:
spanky wrote:

Ozzie's under the microscope for his threat, Spanky, by Bud Selig and Bob Watson's office in New York for what he said before the Indians' game...I have a feeling word has gotten around, and Ozzie might soon be lighter in the wallet if not thisclose to handing the lineup card over to bench coach Joey Cora for a few games if he doesn't shut up...

For the first time ever, SHARK agrees with Spanky:

Ozzie is a coward. He's scared of a couple of suits at MLB.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 pm 

spanky wrote:
SHARK wrote:
spanky wrote:

Not quite...Ozzie should know better than to mouth off and threaten action when his players continue to get hit, even if it's not on purpose...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's in Chicago
Why is it when the opposing team walks three Sox hitters in an inning, there's always a double play involved, a pick-off and/or a baserunning error and no runs score??

However, when this overrated pitching staff (along with the I'm not worried about this defense) walks three hitters in an inning, anywhere from 2 - 4 runs cross the plate. Just brutal and pathetic.

After six more outs, it's back to mediocrity, my friends.

.500!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm 

spanky wrote:
SHARK wrote:
spanky wrote:

Ozzie's not a coward; he e-mailed me back calling me a typical Sox fan after I expressed to him how his team has sucked lately. Now, that takes balls! The more vulgar one is, the more I think he'll respond.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:01 pm 

spanky wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
I'm not good at cutting millionaire ballplayers slack, Shark. Now everytime the Panzy gets picked off or misplays a flyball it will piss me off even more.

For the first time ever, I wll agree with Soze -

The $50 million dollar man needs to be the line-up. They are going for it this year! This is not a move for the future! And Kenny definitely did NOT get caught trying to make a move in this case!

Spanky, Darrin Jackson told his radio partner Ed Farmer on The SCORE that he thought Alex Rios would be in the starting lineup tonight. It remains to be seen or heard if the man temporarily wearing #51 will pinch hit later in this ballgame. Rios will likely be in the lineup tomorrow night, but this is probably the only time I'll give him the benefit of the doubt considerably how awful the commute was from New York to Toronto and from Toronto to Seattle...Rios didn't think he'd be wearing a White Sox uniform.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
fuck it lets put rios in next inning, take him out for a test drive, this offense has been shit tonight, it couldn't possibly hurt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:18 pm 

Runners at 1st & 2nd in the top 9th and Alexei at bat with the Mariners leading 1-0.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:20 pm 

yes! he crushed that fucker!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:20 pm 

ALEXEI has turned a 1-0 Mariner lead into a 3-1 White Sox lead in the top 9th and a blown save for David Aardsma!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm 

About fuckin' time! Can Jenk hold this lead? I eat crow: mediocrity just not yet!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
SHARK wrote:
ALEXEI has turned a 1-0 Mariner lead into a 3-1 White Sox lead in the top 9th and a blown save for David Aardsma!!!

SHARK, you couldn't be more correct. Ramirez has taken a hanging slider into left field for a home run. With two men on base, the score is now 3-1. Aardsma will try to get Podsednik out, and it will be up to the "good guys" to retire the Mariners in the bottom of the 9th. Best of luck, Sox!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:23 pm 

SHARK wrote:

Blown saves for the "other" team. Now, that's music to my ears. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:23 pm 

The Tigers lost to the other kind of Sox tonight in Boston 7-5...A full game could be in the cards if our Sox can hang on. Aardsma given the hook following Podsednik's single...Bobby Jenks warming in the bullpen...Save opportunity?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 pm 

Big Bobby coming up as the White Sox lead the Mariners 3-1 going to the bottom 9th. Mark Suppelsa, get ready...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:35 pm 

Big Bobby got the first 2 outs, but Adrian Beltre singled to keep the game going. Russell Branyan smacked a no-doubt homer to help the Mariners beat the White Sox 6-4 last night, but DeWayne Wise catches it tonight to preserve Jenks' 23rd save and the Sox win in dramatic fashion this eve 3-1! Suppelsa, Skilling, Roan...get ready. Ditto for the Grobber!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 pm 

that one felt good... I'm glad danks got the win, he pitched his ass off tonight...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
that one felt good... I'm glad danks got the win, he pitched his ass off tonight...

John Danks pitched well enough to win and would've been the hard luck loser had it not been for Alexei Ramirez's 3 run homer in the top 9th, Crosscheck...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
"Well enough"?? SHARK, he threw a gem and in no way should have taken a loss. I'm glad he didn't.

Hopefully this one jump starts them for a nice little run. They have 9 games coming up with teams that have much worse records than them. Sox need to take care of business then because for 2 weeks after that the schedule is unbelieveably brutal.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am 

After Paulie's long flyout I figured that was their chance to tie it up until Alexei came up HUGE with 2 guys on! Mr Perfect has to come up big tonight going up against King Felix. I'm also looking forward to seeing Alex Rios patroling centerfield.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
"Well enough"?? SHARK, he threw a gem and in no way should have taken a loss. I'm glad he didn't.

Hopefully this one jump starts them for a nice little run. They have 9 games coming up with teams that have much worse records than them. Sox need to take care of business then because for 2 weeks after that the schedule is unbelieveably brutal.

Felix Hernandez is going tonight. Hopefully, they can get to him early.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Felix Hernandez is going tonight. Hopefully, they can get to him early.

getting to him at all would mean something boston tried to give everything including the kitchen sink to get him at the dead line. with rios playing toinight should make a difference but nothing will matter if mr prefection isnt back on his game......

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:16 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank, John Danks may have thrown a gem last night, but had it not been for Alexei Ramirez's three-run homer last night, he's the losing pitcher to Doug Fister(?) and the Mariners would've been thinking sweep tonight. I will agree with you about 9 in a row, starting with 3 this weekend vs. a really bad A's team in Oakland. Unfortunately for the White Sox, McAfee Coliseum as it's called now, has been as tough a ballpark for the Southsiders to play in as the Metrodome, regardless if the A's are good or bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next