It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Could another member of the 2005 World Champion White Sox be on the verge of returning to the South Side? According to the Chicago Tribune's Mark Gonzales, the Dwayne Johnson-looking Freddy Garcia could be thisclose to pitching again for the Southsiders, quite possibly as soon as Tuesday, not Monday, when the Sox likely will need a fifth starter for their home game vs. the Kansas City Royals at U.S. Cellular Field. Richard Dotson, the former Sox pitcher who is now the pitching coach for Triple "AAA" Charlotte, gave a good scouting report to Ozzie & pitching coach Don Cooper regarding Freddy's performance for the Knights in a losing effort Tuesday night. Garcia went 6 innings, allowed 2 runs, walked none & struck out 9 as the Knights lost to the Red Sox Triple "AAA" affiliate in Pawtucket, and could possibly pave the way for Garcia to start Tuesday's game vs. Kansas City at "The Cell". There's also a possibility that Garcia could also supplant Jose Contreras in the starting rotation if Jose continues to struggle. Contreras is scheduled to start Friday night's game in Oakland vs. lefty Brett Anderson, and while Ozzie remains confident that Contreras can get back on track, the noose is definitely beginning to tighten and patience is starting to wear thin concerning Jose's continuing wildness.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If Buehrle and Danks can throw a combined 18 shutout innings and the team can only go 1-1, Freddy Garcia is not going to win at lot of games with the Sox.

That said, I'd almost rather him start than Contreras at this point. Freddy could do no worse.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:47 am 

I expect nothing from him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
good dolphin wrote:
I expect nothing from him.

The same thing they got from Colon and Contreras.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
make that question mark a period. he'll get a shot. can't be any worse than the other #5's have been.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Sux just had their #1,#2 and #3 starters go up against the Mariners and despite having their top guns going, dropped the series. To expect better, with sweaty Freddy to do better....not likely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's in Chicago
Frank Coztansa wrote:
If Buehrle and Danks can throw a combined 18 shutout innings and the team can only go 1-1, Freddy Garcia is not going to win at lot of games with the Sox.

That said, I'd almost rather him start than Contreras at this point. Freddy could do no worse.

+1. Why not try another retread? Contreras sucks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:41 am 

I'm not expecting much if at all from Freddy Garcia if the White Sox call him up. Jose Contreras is on the spot tomorrow night. If it means anything, Ozzie should start Ramon Castro instead of Anthony John Pierzynski when the White Sox head down to another house of horrors. It's that cavernous ballpark they now call McAfee Coliseum, or as Ed Farmer calls it "Mount Davis", as the Sox start a weekend series in Oakland. It seemed as if Castro and Contreras connected very well as the battery when #52 returned from Triple "AAA" Charlotte and Jose was winning...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 pm 

He will be starting Tues vs. the Royals.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The Sux just had their #1,#2 and #3 starters go up against the Mariners and despite having their top guns going, dropped the series. To expect better, with sweaty Freddy to do better....not likely.

Never let facts get in the way of your argument, Steve. The starters in that series threw 23.2 innings and gave up just 5 runs (4 by Floyd, 1 by Danks, 0 by Buerhle).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:24 am 
100000 CLUB

The White Sox have picked up a 2010 option on Freddy Garcia. The deal includes $1 million in base salary, along with another $1 million in various incentives.

I'll take it for a 5th starter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: home run inn
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The White Sox have picked up a 2010 option on Freddy Garcia. The deal includes $1 million in base salary, along with another $1 million in various incentives.

I'll take it for a 5th starter.

check your facts franky 2million in bounses.....

White Sox Exercise Option On Freddy Garcia
By Tim Dierkes [October 6 at 8:13am CST]
The White Sox exercised their 2010 option on pitcher Freddy Garcia, according to SI's Jon Heyman. The option has a $1MM base salary plus $2MM in possible incentives.

Garcia, 33, signed a minor league deal with the Mets in January. That contract had up to $6.5MM in performance bonuses, but Garcia struggled in Spring Training and the minors for the club. When the Mets released him in late April, some thought he might have to hang it up. He returned to the White Sox on a minor league deal in June, and was solid in the majority of his nine big league starts. It looks like Garcia is finally back from August '07 shoulder surgery.

Chicago's 2009 rotation may already be settled, with Mark Buehrle, Jake Peavy, John Danks, Gavin Floyd, and Garcia. Everyone is under contract except for Danks, who is arbitration-eligible for the first time.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:38 am 

That was a no brainer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:08 am 

For 1 million, it's worth it. You have the flexibility that if he sucks again in spring training, Daniel Hudson becomes your #5. if he does fine, you leave Hudson at AAA for a year to get seasoned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am 

I think it's a good deal picking up Freddy Garcia's option for 2010. Freddy pitched pretty good down the stretch and has to be considered the #5 starter over both Carlos Torres & Dan Hudson at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:42 am 

SHARK wrote:
I think it's a good deal picking up Freddy Garcia's option for 2010. Freddy pitched pretty good down the stretch and has to be considered the #5 starter over both Carlos Torres & Dan Hudson at this point.

SHARK

you could have just wrote CoSign or +1 on any number of posts in this thread.

You didnt have to SHARKify it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Freddy is an inexpensive #5, with the potential to win in double figures and perhaps even be around .500.