It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:20 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Meatpants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I don't typically comment in this section despite my love for the Sox, but this year was broken from the start.

Yeah yeah, I know that is easy to say now. But seriously, what did we possibly have to convince us that this team improved from the year prior? Every major player on the team did nothing but get one year older, and Kenny refused to make any sort of noise on the trading block until August?

To answer your question, I have to pin this year's debacle on our pitching and managing. I know; two common sources of blame. But the fact that Ozzie stuck with Contreras (for example) as long as he did makes me want to shoot myself. Also, the fact that we go after Jake Peavy, who is OBVIOUSLY INJURED, this late in the season doesn't help matters at all. Do we still even know why this deal wasn't closed the first time around?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Yeah. It was closed, Peavy said no.

What option did Guillen have other than Jose? DJ Carasco? Keep it. Should KW have gone out and signed El Duque?

The bullpen sucked, Alexei Ramierez is bad, Pods was a nice spark in the lineup, but how is getting picked off of base EIGHT times the manager's fault? Is it Ozzie's fault Dye hasn't been able to hit water if he fell out of a boat since the AS break?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Yeah. It was closed, Peavy said no.

What option did Guillen have other than Jose? DJ Carasco? Keep it. Should KW have gone out and signed El Duque?

The bullpen sucked, Alexei Ramierez is bad, Pods was a nice spark in the lineup, but how is getting picked off of base EIGHT times the manager's fault? Is it Ozzie's fault Dye hasn't been able to hit water if he fell out of a boat since the AS break?

Baseball jag did other teams get pitchers that are better than Jose? They are still in this! Can Harold or Cox say back??? You prove your Fucking ignorance everyday! :lol: The use of the bullpen sucked even you knew Scott Linebrink SUCKED and by the way didn't "KW" sign him for more than 1 year? :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
Can Harold or Cox say back???

I see. So by that logic, mr asswipe, if Lou yells from the dugout, "CATCH IT", it is Lou's fault everytime Soriano drops a flyball?

You're old and you're stupid. But I must say you are consistently an asswipe. I guess at your age you will take consistency in anyway, shape, or form.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:33 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
Can Harold or Cox say back???

I see. So by that logic, mr asswipe, if Lou yells from the dugout, "CATCH IT", it is Lou's fault everytime Soriano drops a flyball?

You're old and you're stupid. But I must say you are consistently an asswipe. I guess at your age you will take consistency in anyway, shape, or form.

My God how ignorant are you? Did you ever play any organized baseball? If so you would know how important coaches are when your on the bases! Also after the second time if Ozzie said he would fine him everytime he gets
picked off it a grand, but I guess Ozzie likes Pods getting picked off as much as you do!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 pm 

That's fucking moronic. Fining him for getting picked off? Speed is the guy's primary weapon. If you start fining him, he is going to stand on the base until the ball is put in play. You might as well just pinch-run Josh Fields for him if you are going to do that.

How about fining PK every time he strikes out?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
David Berg

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:09 pm 

Turd Ferguson wrote:
That's fucking moronic. Fining him for getting picked off? Speed is the guy's primary weapon. If you start fining him, he is going to stand on the base until the ball is put in play. You might as well just pinch-run Josh Fields for him if you are going to do that.

How about fining PK every time he strikes out?

So how do you stop this jag from being picked off, there are walking leads all different leads.You probably would give him attaboy, he gets picked off 8 times is unexceptable.Him getting picked off has killed innings. What's your answer?
The fining for strikeouts is apples and oranges.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

How about we fine you a buck for every idiotic post you make?

You're up over $2400 if we make that retroactive.