It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
As I sit in my office on a great Saturday, Ranger takes the call of the guy who is trying to explain to him how the Sox have a better chance of winning 6 of the last 8, instead of 7 of the last 9! LOL

What I think he was trying to say was that if the Sox beat Detroit all final 6 regular season games, they would play a tiebreaker at US cell and because of this they would get an edge by being at home. Of course, first gotta beat Det all 6 games?

But only Hoffy could decipher that call.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:05 pm 

They do have a better chance of winning 6 of 8 instead of 7 out of 9. Its simple statistics, dumb-ass.

But, please. Tell us more about your office!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Turd, logically that's correct. But I think BigFan was talking more about the quality of the call. This guy droned on and on and really didn't do a good job of getting to his point. I think Ranger should've cut him off 45 seconds in. That was really painful to listen to.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Ranger should've told that caller to "Hang up on himself!" Trust me...Jonathon Brandmeier would've given that idiot caller the hook a lot sooner...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
It is September 6 and this team is one game under .500 in third place.
I guess this is exciting for the not so small segment of Hooterville fans that want to "HOPE" rather than watch a good team play.
Now the FANBOYS have their very own cheerleader...Rick Morrissey in the Tribune.
Guess what, Mac is becoming the most entertaining and reality grounded SPORTSWRITER here in Hooterville!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:42 am 

Would you be happy if they had lost the last 4? Nobody thinks they are a good team, but they are going to finish somewhere between 76-86 wins whether people have "hope" or if we all sit around bitching that the sky is blue like you do. I'd rather watch them with some kind of hail-mary chance of winning the division.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:56 am 

Agreed. I don't expect them to be playing in October, but I am glad to see them winning and hope they can finish strong and build on that next year.

Call me crazy, but that just seems to be a better way to look at things than to bitch non-stop about how bad they are, how bad their division is, how bad their owner is, how bad their GM is, playoff invoices, hooterville, blah, blah, blah.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:02 am 

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Agreed. I don't expect them to be playing in October, but I am glad to see them winning and hope they can finish strong and build on that next year.

Call me crazy, but that just seems to be a better way to look at things than to bitch non-stop about how bad they are, how bad their division is, how bad their owner is, how bad their GM is, playoff invoices, hooterville, blah, blah, blah.

He wants to be 'that guy'. Let him.....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:19 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:

He wants to be 'that guy'. Let him.....

And I damn well am going to be THAT GUY until they put a good team on the field....not one that is last in defense and 11th in batting average....If this kind of bullshit...leaving men all over the bases all season long while waiting for Linebrink to come in and throw gasoline on a fire gives you guys "hope" for next season, you are just the flipside of the Hooterville Cub Fan that Sox fans so much like to call baseball know nothings.
Hawk Harrelson is on record saying this White Sox infield "defense" is the WORST he has EVER seen on any level of baseball he has been associated with...THE FUCKING WORST....but a few wins for a jerkoff team under .500 in Septemeber is enough to give FANBOYS hope.

"Big Mo" going into next season, right?

THERE IS NO LAW HERE IN HOOTERVILLE THAT SAYS A BASEBALL FAN CAN'T ACTUALLY LEARN THE DAMNED GAME AND THROW THE POM POMS AWAY BY THE AGE OF 12.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:59 am 

Turd Ferguson wrote:
They do have a better chance of winning 6 of 8 instead of 7 out of 9. Its simple statistics, dumb-ass.

Turd, I didn't mean to make fun of your call on the board

Thank you for helping me make my point

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:27 pm 

Ooh, you caught me, BF. I can't fool you. Of course, a man who is at his office on Saturday must be pretty bright. I should have known.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 pm 

I'm just fired up for all the momentum that will carry over to Glendale.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:59 pm 

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Ooh, you caught me, BF. I can't fool you. Of course, a man who is at his office on Saturday must be pretty bright. I should have known.

Feel free to explain to me, and everyone else, how sittng in my office on a Saturday has anything to do with me being bright or dumb? then you can explain again the 6 of 8, easier to attain than winning 7 of 9.

I await to learn the lessons in life from "London Gentlemen"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:21 pm 

This is turning into a nice little thread :D Lot of potential here. We got office on a saturday debate,SHARK callin someone an idiot, AWSFB firing on anyone in his path. Too Much good stuff :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Bigfan, I sure hope you continued to listen, because there was a HOF call by Rudy. Ranger entertained him for about ten minutes and I spent about five of them belly laughing.
Rudy invented imaginary radio. But it was good stuff, nonetheless. Ranger showed the patience of Job and I thank him for it. I think Rudy is actually Alexi's agent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:39 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
This is turning into a nice little thread :D Lot of potential here. We got office on a saturday debate,SHARK callin someone an idiot, AWSFB firing on anyone in his path. Too Much good stuff :D

Hell, this latest edition of the White Sox might actually get to .500 today!!!
What reason is there not to pound your chest and scream from the roof top about that wonderful accomplishment?

SHOW ME THE PLAN, KENNY!!!!!

Or else I'll just lead cheers and "HOPE" like a Hooterville blind squirrel.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What reason is there not to pound your chest and scream from the roof top about that wonderful accomplishment?

Bob, of the two teams in town, the Sock definitely have the brightest future. Kenny, at least, has some room for flexibility. Although. I am not so sure about the Rios/Peavy acquisitions.
Hendry has just screwed the fucking pooch for years to come, plain and simple.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Mr. Reason wrote:
Bob, of the two teams in town, the Sock definitely have the brightest future. Kenny, at least, has some room for flexibility. Although. I am not so sure about the Rios/Peavy acquisitions.

The Cubs went from having 7 allstars last year to 1 this year. Talent doesn't drop off that quickly. Sure the team is older, but it's not like any of them are nearing the end of their careers. I'm willing to bet that the Cubs will bounce back next year without making changes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

crosscheck wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

The Cubs went from having 7 allstars last year to 1 this year. Talent doesn't drop off that quickly. Sure the team is older, but it's not like any of them are nearing the end of their careers. I'm willing to bet that the Cubs will bounce back next year without making changes.

I said the same thing in 1985...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:26 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You have to wonder exactly what the hell Hendry was thinking when he put all of his eggs in the Kerry Wood-Mark Prior basket for far too long. He should have realized that Zambrano was the horse then and locked him up far cheaper than he wound up having to pay him.
These damned long term guaranteed deals are killing the damned game.

Too bad the perfect manager for the Cubs is long dead.....Billy Martin sitting in the dugout with his flask of scotch beating the dogshit out of Gregg, Bradley and Soriano would have been fantastic! :lol:

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Reason wrote:

You have to wonder exactly what the hell Hendry was thinking when he put all of his eggs in the Kerry Wood-Mark Prior basket for far too long. He should have realized that Zambrano was the horse then and locked him up far cheaper than he wound up having to pay him.
These damned long term guaranteed deals are killing the damned game.

Too bad the perfect manager for the Cubs is long dead.....Billy Martin sitting in the dugout with his flask of scotch beating the dogshit out of Gregg, Bradley and Soriano would have been fantastic! :lol:

Bob, Billy was a peach. He would have no idea what to do with the overpaid stiffs that currently inhabit the Cub roster or much of MLB, for that matter.
Billy would be in jail for assault and battery by now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:20 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:

Feel free to explain to me, and everyone else, how sittng in my office on a Saturday has anything to do with me being bright or dumb? then you can explain again the 6 of 8, easier to attain than winning 7 of 9.

Are you fucking serious? You really don't understand that 6 of 8 is easier to achieve than 7 of 9? You don't understand that 6 of 8 is a lower winning percentage?

As for sitting in your office on a Saturday, it does not make you bright of dumb. It doesn't make you anything. So why did you feel that it was important to put that in your original post? What the fuck could that have possibly added? Do you really think that your mundane daily bullshit is of interest to anybody?

While I wish that I could lay claim to some of his posts, I am not the London Gentleman that regularly ate your lunch on these boards circa 2005. You know that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 pm 

I sure hope Dotel has his shit together for the huge 6 games against the Tigers and the big momentum push for 2010! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
This "contender" guaranteed to be under .500 on Labor Day!
Find me the bright spots again FANBOYS! :oops:

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:18 pm 

Dadgummit, Hawk....you told us that the Tigers could never actually WIN the Division......Gollleeegee, the Sox had to LOSE it....and the part about the Sox having that wonderful bullpen...
Well, Clown Prince of Broadcasting....the Tigers sure as shit seem to be WINNING the damned Division on the field and the Sox bullpen is pretty much a disaster...
Keep those keen insights coming!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 pm 

Turd Ferguson wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:

Are you fucking serious? You really don't understand that 6 of 8 is easier to achieve than 7 of 9? You don't understand that 6 of 8 is a lower winning percentage?

As for sitting in your office on a Saturday, it does not make you bright of dumb. It doesn't make you anything. So why did you feel that it was important to put that in your original post? What the fuck could that have possibly added? Do you really think that your mundane daily bullshit is of interest to anybody?

While I wish that I could lay claim to some of his posts, I am not the London Gentleman that regularly ate your lunch on these boards circa 2005. You know that.

OK TURD, you fucking Idiot! Yes I get it! Anyone gets it! Thus it did not need a call and a full explanation on the air. Yet the caller was trying to explain it over and over again! Those who heard it fully agreed with me.

Next Let me address your claim of who you are not-
1. You signed up as Turd in March of 2006, but you are well well aware of the 2005 activity? I guess you could have lurked that whole time and just now have expressed your feelings towards me?
2. You happen to work in the same industry as LG did?
3. You happen to work at the same company!!!!! lol
4. So you got upset that I added to the post that I was in my office on a Saturday an needed to lash out because this portion of my post was not necessary to express my point. OK, you are correct.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Mr. Reason wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Williams tried to block the Tigers from getting Rios, then got his bluff called and is now stuck with that stiff. Huge mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:10 am 

Well, seems the Sox and Cubs have the same number of victories....Cub fans have been screaming, bitching and moaning about the poor performance all season...
WHITE SOX FANBOYS here talk of some sort of Central Division Championship and MOMENTUM heading into Spring Training :lol: :lol:
The urban myth that Cub Fans don't know baseball and don't care....just go to the Shrine to get drunk...while Sox fans are some sort of connoisseurs of the game of baseball has been blown to smithereens thanks to Turd and his cohorts.
Turd, other than the starting rotation for 2010, the White Sox are an unsettled mess.
Do you even watch the games?

LEAD THOSE CHEERS, FANBOYS!!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 am 

Yes, Bob. You are correct. I actually root for my team and am glad when they win. I actually try to enjoy the positive aspects of the season while remaining objective (I have stated several times that this team is not very good). I guess that makes me a "FANBOY", whatever the fuck that means. Is that some expression that you and your pals used growing up in the '30s, you crusty old buttfuck?

I get it. You don't like Reinsdorf or Kenny. You don't like Hawk. You think that people that continue to root for their team even when they are not playing at an elite level are "fanboys". Chicago fans live in "hooterville" (because you are so much more sophisticated than the rest of us). You love to use smilies. You don't like your playoff invoice. Every one of your posts is the fucking same, you negative, cantankerous old fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:24 am 

I sure as hell am guilty as charged for being, of all things, negative about the White Sox.
As a cantankerous old fuck, I have watched season after season of directionless and clueless bullshit.
As a paying customer, I have every right to bitch and somehow desire a better product.
I don't begrudge anybody rooting for the team at any time....and I THINK WE ALL AGREE THAT WE WANT a really good team....not this pile of shit.....ROSE COLORED GLASSES DON'T WORK IN THIS TOWN....unless somebody named Michael laced up the Nikes in the Stadium and U.C.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:49 pm 

Turd Ferguson wrote:

You could be right, TF, but I thought he was trying to say that there was a greater chance the Sox would have to play an extra game of the season (another game 163) then there was of them only having to play 162. I thought he was saying the odds are better for the team having to win 7 games against the Tigers (including an extra game). His scenario was assuming the two teams would be tied at the end of the year, thus the Sox would have to win 7 games over Detroit -- instead of 6 -- to make the playoffs. But obviously a play-in game is always less likely to happen than not.

Anyway, that's what I thought he meant, which is why I was so confused.

Bob, you should relax.