It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I have a Trade Idea---
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:43 am 

Was listening to the game yesterday with Farmer/DJ-and they had thoughts on next years team...and they both had no idea what to do with the lead-off spot--

So being a big-fan of reading the New York papers every morning ---hows this

Sox trade Alexei Ramírez to the Mets for

Jose Reyes--

Heres my thinking-
1.Alexei will be entering his 3rd year of a 4year contract--he will be looking for a Monster pay-day
2.You Get your Leadoff-Man
3.The Mets have gone Sour on Reyes.
4.Reyes is under contract till 2011 with an option.(9 mill per season)
5.High Risk High Reward

Any thoughts??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: home run inn
reyes is a great player but would take more than alexi to nad him proablly alexi and floyd.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 am 

Yes it would take more the Alexei,,but Kenny would get it done,,The Wilpons are under pressure to win,,Kenny calls Omar Minaya up and talks begin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:57 am 

There's a reason why the Mets have gone sour on Reyes. The team and players are questioning his toughness and desire to play (he's missed 100 games with a hamstring injury). They also don't like his lackadaisical effort on defense (sound familiar??). Reyes is a great talant but I'd rather keep Alexei and fill the leadoff spot with another player (Figgins).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
I'm still waiting for Alexei to turn into this superstar defensive shortstop that I was promised he would be by Levine...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Here is a better reason for you to look into the Mets. Rumor has it the Wilpon family lost $500 million or more with Madoff!

However, Reyes $8M might not be the big issue there.,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:12 am 

I saw this-

And even if he was, ask yourself this: Could the Mets really convince themselves to trade a player like this -- who is this talented, who's still only 26 years old and who is signed at highly affordable dollars for the next two years?

Well, three of the executives we polled said the Mets have to suck it up and do exactly that. But it was far from unanimous.

"They'd better think twice before they move that guy," said an official of one team. "Guys like that are hard to find. The reputation he's got now is, he doesn't want to play. But look at the games played before this year -- 159 last year, 160 in '07, 153 in '06, 161 in '05. So this guy plays. Sorry. No way I'm trading him if I'm them. Absolutely no way."

But if the Mets don't trade him, does that mean they don't trade anybody? And if they don't make some kind of significant change to a mix of players their fans have lost faith in, can they possibly sell the 2010 Mets to a town where Yankees caps now seem to outnumber Mets caps by about 1,000 to 1?

This, friends, just about sums up the impossible plight of the New York Mets. The guys they could trade, they can't bring themselves to trade. The guys they'd be happy to trade are guys nobody wants. And there aren't nearly enough dollars in the old Wilpon checking account to solve this conundrum with money alone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Glendale Heights Brian wrote:
"They'd better think twice before they move that guy," said an official of one team. "Guys like that are hard to find. The reputation he's got now is, he doesn't want to play. But look at the games played before this year -- 159 last year, 160 in '07, 153 in '06, 161 in '05. So this guy plays. Sorry. No way I'm trading him if I'm them. Absolutely no way."

This, friends, just about sums up the impossible plight of the New York Mets. The guys they could trade, they can't bring themselves to trade. The guys they'd be happy to trade are guys nobody wants. And there aren't nearly enough dollars in the old Wilpon checking account to solve this conundrum with money alone.

Yep, I agree with all of that. As a Sox fan, I would love it. I don't think you can even compare their skill sets. Outside his second year and this year, I can live with games played.

Reyes is a guy who gets on MVP ballots and scores 99, 122, 119, 113 runs over a 4 year span. Led the league in SB 3 times, triples 3 times and has great range. 2 time all star and silver slugger.

Alexei = definition of average.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... jo01.shtml reyes
http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... al03.shtml alexei

Alexei is just a guy and looks totally clueless sometimes. Trade him, if the Mets don't want him you can trade Getz and someone else for Reyes and put Alexei at 2B, Beckam at 3B, fine by me. But Alexei just seems to be very average at the plate and brutal in the field. I just don't see the Mets trading Reyes, they're screwed. Just my 2 cents...

Any ideas on how we get Reyes at SS, Beckham at 2B and a stud at 3B..?

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:15 pm 

Did you see Ozzie's quotes about how much he missed Getz when he was out of the lineup? Getz will be the 2B because Ozzie LOVES him and he's the Sox piranah (and he's white).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Perry's Deli Home of the Swaggie
Keyser Soze wrote:
Did you see Ozzie's quotes about how much he missed Getz when he was out of the lineup? Getz will be the 2B because Ozzie LOVES him and he's the Sox piranah (and he's white).

Yes I did see that, but isn't that a nice way of Ozzie saying, "Jason Nix fucking sucks and is hitting .230! Can someone get me the mighty speedster Getz and his mighty .338 OBA and 2 HR back in the lineup, he scores once every other game."

If Ozzie was realistically offered these options, which do you think he would take?

1) 2B: Getz SS: Alexei 3B: Beckham
2) 2B: Alexei SS: Reyes 3B: Beckham

I have no problem with Getz at all, seems like a nice guy and can be on the bench anytime, but appears to be an average player at best. I want the starters on my team to be above average and great players.

The bench is for average players. If you have average players as starters, that means your bench is filled with below average players, which means your team sucks. Beckham had a really slow start but I think we all knew just watching him from day 1 and his composure on the field that the kid will be an above average player . I don't get that feeling with Getz and certainly not Nix...and Alexei is average at best. Just my 2 cents.

I'm picturing a 12 year old Bob Loblaw bitching out a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy for botching his finisher. Also envisioning Bob Loblaw getting bitched at for lighting the living room table on fire for said finisher.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:25 pm 

Bob Loblaw wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Yes I did see that, but isn't that a nice way of Ozzie saying, "Jason Nix fucking sucks and is hitting .230! Can someone get me the mighty speedster Getz and his mighty .338 OBA and 2 HR back in the lineup, he scores once every other game."

If Ozzie was realistically offered these options, which do you think he would take?

1) 2B: Getz SS: Alexei 3B: Beckham
2) 2B: Alexei SS: Reyes 3B: Beckham

I have no problem with Getz at all, seems like a nice guy and can be on the bench anytime, but appears to be an average player at best. I want the starters on my team to be above average and great players.

The bench is for average players. If you have average players as starters, that means your bench is filled with below average players, which means your team sucks. Beckham had a really slow start but I think we all knew just watching him from day 1 and his composure on the field that the kid will be an above average player . I don't get that feeling with Getz and certainly not Nix...and Alexei is average at best. Just my 2 cents.