Sun, Sep 13 @ LA Angels 3:35 PM Buehrle (12-7) Kazmir (8-8) Tickets
Tue, Sep 15 @ Seattle 10:10 PM Torres (1-1) Snell (6-10) Tickets
Wed, Sep 16 @ Seattle 10:10 PM Garcia (1-2) Rowland-Smith (3-2) Tickets
Thu, Sep 17 @ Seattle 6:40 PM Tickets

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The Jerry "The King" Lawler-looking pitching coach Don Cooper made his weekly appearance with "Mully & Hanley" this morning. It seems as if there will be at least one more bullpen session this weekend when the White Sox visit the Garth Brooks-looking Mike Scioscia and the Anaheim Angels at Angel Stadium based on what Cooper told the guys on the SCORE today. SCORE/Sun-Times Sox insider Joe Cowley also mentioned with "Boers & Bernstein" yesterday that it appears as if even if the White Sox continue to fade into the sunset this baseball season, White Sox G.M. Kenny Williams wants his other high-priced investment to make at least 1 start, maybe 2, if healthy. I don't think it makes any sense given how much $$$$ the Sox have inherited and invested in Peavy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:38 pm 

SHARK wrote:
The Jerry "The King" Lawler-looking pitching coach Don Cooper made his weekly appearance with "Mully & Hanley" this morning. It seems as if there will be at least one more bullpen session this weekend when the White Sox visit the Garth Brooks-looking Mike Scioscia and the Anaheim Angels at Angel Stadium based on what Cooper told the guys on the SCORE today. SCORE/Sun-Times Sox insider Joe Cowley also mentioned with "Boers & Bernstein" yesterday that it appears as if even if the White Sox continue to fade into the sunset this baseball season, White Sox G.M. Kenny Williams wants his other high-priced investment to make at least 1 start, maybe 2, if healthy. I don't think it makes any sense given how much $$$$ the Sox have inherited and invested in Peavy.

Why doesn't it make sense? If the guy is healthy to pitch, he doesn't need to be placed in bubble wrap until next year. He should pitch if he's healthy..there is no risk in having him do so.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:46 pm 

Jerry Lawler?? No.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:55 pm 

Ranger, I respect your opinion and I think you've done a really good job as host of The SCORE's White Sox coverage. I think every Sox fan would like to see Jake Peavy get a start or two before this season is over, regardless if the team's playoff hopes are all but dead. I'm not so sure he's fully healthy and the Sox have inherited and invested a lot of money over the next several years. Pitching is such a valuable commodity, and with this season all but shot, I think Jake Peavy's first start in Sox silver & black should wait until 2010. I heard Cooper on "M & H" this morning, and I have this feeling we'll know whether Jake is good to go after one more bullpen session this weekend in Anaheim.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well I know it's obviously a long shot but with Minn losing today and Detroit losing again to KC right now, the Sox could be what, 6 back at the end of today? Adding Peavy for a few starts and a little luck, the Sox might be able to make a little run especially with the games against Detroit at the end of the season. It might be a long shot but it's still a shot and anything I can do to make the season still interesting for myself I'm going to do. Look at the run Cleveland made against the Sox in late 2005. Look at Colorado a couple years back. Hell, what was the odds that the Bulls got the #1 pick for Derrick Rose again? I'm sticking with them until the door is shut. Right now it's barely open, but that's all I need.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
hawkeye wrote:
Well I know it's obviously a long shot but with Minn losing today and Detroit losing again to KC right now, the Sox could be what, 6 back at the end of today? Adding Peavy for a few starts and a little luck, the Sox might be able to make a little run especially with the games against Detroit at the end of the season. It might be a long shot but it's still a shot and anything I can do to make the season still interesting for myself I'm going to do. Look at the run Cleveland made against the Sox in late 2005. Look at Colorado a couple years back. Hell, what was the odds that the Bulls got the #1 pick for Derrick Rose again? I'm sticking with them until the door is shut. Right now it's barely open, but that's all I need.

gotta be 3 back at the start of 6 vs the tigers for it to mean anything..... :drunken: :scratch: :scratch:

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:20 am 

hawkeye wrote:

and, I still need 9 wins to beat bigfan in the over/under

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:08 am 

IF healthy he needs to pitch. The injuries he's recovering from (a sprained ankle and elbow bruise) are hardly career threatening. If he were recovering from a sugery I'd say shut him down and get ready for next season. I think a lot of people are going overboard with all the nervousness that he 'could blow out his arm'. When these injuries heal he'll be good to go and there is no greater risk of injury than any other time a pitcher takes the mound.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 am 

I think he should pitch, also. If he can throw off a mound to professional hitters in a real AAA game, why can't he do the same at the major league level? The risk of injury is no greater. Additionally, I don't want to hear next spring that the Sox need to be extra patient with him because he has not thrown in a major league game for 10 months, or whatever it would be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Has Brooks Boyer determined which games will be the "Blackout" games when the Sox return home from this trip?
Certainly a game where this team might actually go over .500 for the season should qualify.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:11 pm 

All indications are that Jake Peavy WILL FINALLY make his first start for the silver & black before the end of this season. The Trib's Mark Gonzales seems to think Peavy's first start in a Sox uni appears to be one of the three in Seattle's Safeco Field which starts Tuesday night barring any snags this weekend when Peavy throws off a mound before one of this weekend's games in Anaheim.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Sox really lucked out in this Angels series. They miss Lackey and Weaver. The 3 starters they face in this series all have a 5.00+ ERA. Doesn't mean we'll hit them but we miss their 2 best pitchers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
good dolphin wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

and, I still need 9 wins to beat bigfan in the over/under

More important, I need 6 more Angel wins for my MAJOR OVER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SHARK wrote:
All indications are that Jake Peavy WILL FINALLY make his first start for the silver & black before the end of this season. The Trib's Mark Gonzales seems to think Peavy's first start in a Sox uni appears to be one of the three in Seattle's Safeco Field which starts Tuesday night barring any snags this weekend when Peavy throws off a mound before one of this weekend's games in Anaheim.

Gue$$ing Peavy will only pitch at home $0 they can make a few more Dollar$

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 pm 

Detroit lost and Minn is going to lose. It sure would be nice if the Sox can pull this one out. Gavin HAS to stop walking the leadoff hitter. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:34 am 

What a great race this is...sure is exciting....quality baseball played by quality teams for the Almighty American League Central Chumpionship...RIVETING.....Blackout games certain to be a big hit!!!! :roll: :lol:

KEEP THE FAITH, FANBOYS!!!!!! :lol:

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: ***
At what point can we stop pretending the Sox have a chance to make the playoffs? Do they have to be actually mathematically eliminated? Because if Detroit goes .500, the Sox- who are two games under .500 on the season- would have to go 16-4 from here just to tie.

This fantasizing about what's needed to make the playoffs is more reminiscent of Cubs fans than Sox fans.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:16 am 

...or bears fans.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
At what point can we stop pretending the Sox have a chance to make the playoffs? Do they have to be actually mathematically eliminated? Because if Detroit goes .500, the Sox- who are two games under .500 on the season- would have to go 16-4 from here just to tie.

This fantasizing about what's needed to make the playoffs is more reminiscent of Cubs fans than Sox fans.

Which is what I have been posting here to these FANBOYS for two months.
They know NOTHING about baseball....just how to lead cheers for a disaster of a team that is last in defense and has hovered between 9th and 11th in batting average.
It is so brain dead Chicago to be a 'True Fan' rather than learn a fucking thing about what you are watching.
The best one here recently is how somehow a strong finish builds MOMENTUM going into Spring Training.
These posters have just proven that Hooterville is Hooterville and the dumbest Cub Fans and dumbest Sox fans are flip sides of the same coin.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:03 pm 

Ervin Santana is 3-2 vs the Sox in his career but has a 5.24 ERA. It would be nice if the Sox can score some early runs (or middle runs or late runs) to help out Johnny Danks. Hopefully ROY shook off the rust last night and can get a couple knocks today. It's good to see him back in the lineup.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:13 pm 

Atta boy, ROY! It's REALLY nice to have him back in the lineup. Have I mentioned that Kid can REALLY hit!?!?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Irish Boy wrote:
At what point can we stop pretending the Sox have a chance to make the playoffs? Do they have to be actually mathematically eliminated?

The Cubs have had 101 years of "wait til next year," so that will not be the Sox battle cry until they are done.

With 6 games left against Detroit, its possible. Realistically, they have they proverbial snowball's chance in hell at making the playoffs, but if they are 6 of fewer games back of the Tigers next weekend...it is possible.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:53 pm 

Danks is our ace down the stretch if we are to have a snow ball's chance and we need to go to a four man roation and forget about peavy till 2010...

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:02 pm 

is rios's swing worse than brian andersons was ??

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
At what point can we stop pretending the Sox have a chance to make the playoffs? Do they have to be actually mathematically eliminated?

The Cubs have had 101 years of "wait til next year," so that will not be the Sox battle cry until they are done.

With 6 games left against Detroit, its possible. Realistically, they have they proverbial snowball's chance in hell at making the playoffs, but if they are 6 of fewer games back of the Tigers next weekend...it is possible.

Hate to say this, but that's dumbass Cubs fan logic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:36 pm 

Would you believe the Tigers lost again tonight to the Blue Jays, eh? Detroit's lead in the A.L. Central is now just 5 games on the White Sox after the Tigers' loss and the Sox 10 inning win in Anaheim this afternoon...Also, the A's beat the Twins today at the Metrodome.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:36 pm 

Nice (ugly) win, Boys. Kazmir is 3-3 with a 4.89 ERA in his career against the Sox. It would be nice if the offense can get Mr Perfect an early lead and he can go deep in the game and give the scary as hell bullpen the day off.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 pm 

Mark Buehrle pitched well enough to win, but the guy who should be here instead of Alex Rio$ hit a game-winning homer in the bottom 7th to make #56 the losing pitcher yesterday. Yes, White Sox fans, Torii "F-----'" Hunter! :x